The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

• DwayneDwayne New York City
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Bond has one hour, 50 minutes spent on assembling wet nellie.

Had Daniel Craig played Bond in this epic, he'd have arrived just in time for it to be blown to bits. Bond, Stromberg, Anya and Jaws would've all died here. Maybe not Jaws.

=))
    After what's been a rough couple of years, I decided to treat myself to a little gift today and I upgraded to a Smart TV.

Larger screen than I had before and of course the first film I'll enjoy on this new television should be a Bond.

TOMORROW NEVER DIES

Let's see the gunbarrel....................

Looks amazing and the sound is pretty damned good. Nice shade of red for the blood.
    No sound bar and no additional speakers added yet. That said, on it's own the levels are pretty hot.

The initial preset picture setting on this PHILIPS is "low power" I imiagine it's an eco setting that saves energy.
    The "movie" setting looks like my other television.

The PTS is looking good.
    Don't know why I chose this Bond to christian this new telelvision with, other than I'm in the mood for Pierce.
    My other TV is now in my bedroom. My late girlfriend had purchased it the day we relocated to the east coast. She didn't have much money at the time as she hadn't found work yet, so I have a sentimental attachment to that television. It still has a good picture.

You can really see Brosnan's cold here in the PTS.
    This is my favorite Brosnan Bond these days. I had been a little disappointed during it's initial release, but wow does this one hold up!
    Carver is great.
    The red really pops on this TV. Boothroyd's jacket.
    Love Pierce's "Bond........James Bond" in this one.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    @ToTheRight. Interestingly, a few nights ago when I was (also) in the mood for a Brosnan Bond, I selected TND. Probably because I just found out that the title of The Beatles song “Tomorrow Never Knows” influenced the name of this film.

My opinion of TND hasn’t changed: not a bad entry in the series, but not a particularly interesting one either. It has the framework for a really good film, but there is something missing, I think. I’ve always wondered whether the film would have been helped if Jonathan Pryce had dialed it back a bit on the humor and played it “less physical” (if that makes any sense). A bit closer to Burt Lancaster’s J. J. Hunsecker perhaps.

Then again, it is a Bond film after all.
    Bond's getting pounded.
    Dwayne wrote: »
    @ToTheRight. Interestingly, a few nights ago when I was (also) in the mood for a Brosnan Bond, I selected TND. Probably because I just found out that the title of The Beatles song “Tomorrow Never Knows” influenced the name of this film.

My opinion of TND hasn’t changed: not a bad entry in the series, but not a particularly interesting one either. It has the framework for a really good film, but there is something missing, I think. I’ve always wondered whether the film would have been helped if Jonathan Pryce had dialed it back a bit on the humor and played it “less physical” (if that makes any sense). A bit closer to Burt Lancaster’s J. J. Hunsecker perhaps.

Then again, it is a Bond film after all.

It's grown on me, @Dwayne. I have more fun with it now than I did when it was new.
    As I was setting up this new TV I had POSTMAN ALWAYS RINGS TWICE in the Blu-ray player to adjust the settings by. LOL.
    Brosnan likes to put his hand on his face as get gets an idea or is in deep thought.
    Jack Wade is as obnoxious as Sheriff JW Pepper.
    This is an occassion in which I really enjoy the third act of a later Bond film.
    Brosnan had great chemistry with Yeoh.

Great scene as he collects the armoury to take on this assignment.

"Good. Maybe he'll take a check."

These scenes are a delight.
    Carver makes fun of Wai Lin.
    I like the Stealth Boat section. Great stuff.
    I initially thought this had been a lesser climax, but compared to some Bond films that came later, this is among the best, IMO
    Elliot's death scene is funny.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited September 2022 Posts: 7,526
    I remember it being almost scary when I was much younger. It’s what I always remembered about TND.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Been getting into TND a bit lately, making the toys as well as from other Brozza films. I've always loved TND as it was my first Bond cinema film, but I've recently come to realize that, for me, TND may be the perfect Bond film that doesn't involve either the Cold War or tropical islands. It hits every beat just right, from one of the best PTSs to the final showdown, which gets a bit of flack for all the machine-gunning, but Bond and Wai Lin made the right decision to bring MP5s to ensure they don't end up at the bottom of the South China Sea.

Bring on the 25th anniversary!
  • edited September 2022 Posts: 15,818
    Day off tomorrow, so I'm watching another Bond on my new television.

A VIEW TO A KILL

The colors pop on this set.
    The warehouse fight is pretty lame, but I like it anyway. I remember it got a few laughs in the cinema back in '85.
    I wonder if any of the humorous bits got laughter during the re-release this year?
    I imagine the film looked good in 4K on a big screen.

Bond and Mayday get down. Had Roger's iconic OOOOOOOHHHHHH been inserted as she climbs on top of him, I'd have immediately ranked this film in my top 3.
    I like the horsesteeple chase scene.
    I like that Bond pronnounces it ZAR-IN.
    Dolph Lundgren.
    It's funny when Mayday drops Anthony Chinn from the blimp.
    I like Roger Moore's hair during the Fisherman's wharf scene.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    RIP Tibbett. Anyone spot Maud Adams yet? :)
  • edited September 2022 Posts: 15,818
    The brief underwater bit isn't bad either. I remember all these scenes in the cinema back in May of '85. I really looked forward to this film and anticapted it's release.
    All the kids in my class named this one as the BEST James Bond movie ever made.
    I didn't agree with that assessment.
    RIP Tibbett. Anyone spot Maud Adams yet? :)

Sadly not. I don't believe she's in the final cut.
    As much as I like Bond's leather jacket during the city hall scene, I think it might've looked better had Sir Roger worn a black turtleneck underneath. He always looked good in turtlenecks.
    Zorin is my second favorite Roger Moore main villain (after Scaramanga).
    I like Stacey's screaming during the burning elevator bit.

"I'll be right with you!"

I like to do that line in Sir Roger's voice at work whenever someone asks for me.