The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    The Lotus one of my favourite Bond cars, I often rewind the chase sequence coming up several times when watching (not today)
    I love Valerie Leon. One of my favorites.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Two time Bond girl Valerie Leone.
    Caroline Munro...NOW THERE'S A WOMAN!!
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    Valerie Leon!!!!!
    The Lotus one of my favourite Bond cars, I often rewind the chase sequence coming up several times when watching (not today)

As of today it's officially my favorite Bond car pushing the DB5 to second place. I find that one a bit overused now.
    ....and then Caroline Munro!!!!
    Mathis1 wrote: »

Another of my favorites, also in a few Hammer films.
    ToTheRight wrote: »

As of today it's officially my favorite Bond car pushing the DB5 to second place. I find that one a bit overused now.

Agree it is often shoehorned into the later films and breaks the fourth wall a bit for nostalgia sake.

Agree it is often shoehorned into the later films and breaks the fourth wall a bit for nostalgia sake.

Precisely.
    Caroline is quoted as saying that Rog was a gent (no news there) and he would come on set and crack risque jokes to put everyone at ease! What a legend!

Still lovely at 72 years of age BTW.
    I love Stromberg putting Bond on the spot and quizzing his knowledge.
    Stromberg is Poseidon to Drax's Zeus.

Do we think Bond was bluffing?
    Or really knew the name of that fish??

Do we think Bond was bluffing?
    Or really knew the name of that fish??

He knew it, but was thrown off, by the sudden pop quiz. I tend to think he did a quick brushing up on his oceanography before posing as Sterling.
    Great slow build for this chase sequence, one of if not the best in the series.
    edited September 2021 Posts: 2,645
    Here comes one of my favorite lines in ANY Bond film :All those feathers and he still can’t fly” :))
    The Roger nod.
    The Moore nod!
    The shot of the Helicopter flying along side the Lotus is just amazing.
    Caroline goes boom...sob!
    I forget did TSWLM win an Oscar for the underwater sequence?

No. Just nominated for art direction, score and song.
    Love the Bond theme here.
    Valerie delivers!
    Roger's hair length changes in this scene

No. Just nominated for art direction, score and song.

Thunderball won of course for visual effects.
    edited September 2021 Posts: 2,645
    Although there are a couple of missteps now and then, Marvin Hamlisch's score is very strong. It is of its’ era (“Disco”) but it still works. Conti’s score for FYEO is also of its’ era (80's production feel), but I often fine it lacking.
    -My two cents.
    Dwayne wrote: »
    Although there are a couple of missteps now and then, Marvin Hamlisch's score is very strong. It is of its’ era (“Disco”) but it still works. Conti’s score for FYEO is also of its’ era (80's production feel), but I often fine it lacking.
    -My two cents.

I like both, not perfect either of them though when good they are really good.