The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

Mathis1 wrote: »
    If only Bach was a better actress!

Bach is wooden though I do like her and it kind of fits her character.

Her acting, and accent never bothered me. She's supposed to be icy and aloof.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Jaws is right out of a 'Good' Universal or Hammer Horror film.
    ToTheRight wrote: »

That's one way of putting it I suppose!!
    Jaws is right out of a 'Good' Universal or Hammer Horror film.

He would have made a great Frankenstein Monster.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Sir Roger is brilliant in this certainly more restrained than a few of his later films.
    Locations and sets are consistently brilliant, films like TND dropped the ball in that regard.
    'Egyptian Builders' great line.
    Bond just does not panic for one second lol
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    Was the "egyptian builders" dropped from some of the TSWLM prints?
    I really dislike this scene with the van smashing over the dunes to Hamlischs silly score!
    Just seems a step too far! Theres even a silly sound effect at the end!
    I really dislike this scene with the van smashing over the dunes to Hamlischs silly score!
    Just seems a step too far! Theres even a silly sound effect at the end!

yeah. this part of the score seems very "looney toonish."
    I still haven't got a copy of LAWRENCE OF ARABIA. Great film. Need to remedy that.
    Dwayne wrote: »
    Was the "egyptian builders" dropped from some of the TSWLM prints?

I think it was. Not 100% certain, though.
    I still haven't got a copy of LAWRENCE OF ARABIA. Great film. Need to remedy that.

You should!
    I wonder was Maurice Jarre ever considered for composer

You should!
    I wonder was Maurice Jarre ever considered for composer

Would've done a great Bond score. I wonder that myself.

From imdb:
    Barbara Bach was cast only four days before principal photography began, and auditioned hoping to secure just a role in this movie, not the female lead.
    The Lawrence theme works ok more so than the Magnificent Seven (Magnificent 007) theme in MR.
    The Lawrence theme works ok more so than the Magnificent Seven (Magnificent 007) theme in MR.

Magnificent Seven. Another movie with a brilliant score.

I bought it in 4K its astonishing one of the best films I have ever scene in that format. David Lean was a genius.

From imdb:
    Barbara Bach was cast only four days before principal photography began, and auditioned hoping to secure just a role in this movie, not the female lead.

Interesting, its a bit like Maryam D'Abo, who was helping auditions for Bond actors, and then was Picked as leading lady for TLD
    ( I put this in as a tribute to our late dear colleague barry007!)
    I like that Q Branch is always on the road developing gadgets lol
    Train scenes in Bond films are always good.

From imdb:

Interesting, its a bit like Maryam D'Abo, who was helping auditions for Bond actors, and then was Picked as leading lady for TLD
    ( I put this in as a tribute to our late dear colleague barry007!)

I think Maryam ran into Barbara Broccoli afterwards, had a different hairstyle and Barbara suggested her for the lead.
    Another one of my favorite Bond girls alongside Bach.
    Good use of silver/steel and reflective surfaces throughout this film.
    Train fight, though not a great one, i suppose because Kiel is rather lumbering, and so big it was hard to do much, or to double him!

Don't forget the earlier use of "Laura's theme" (from Dr. Zhivago - another Lean film).
    Jaws' hand is bigger than Bond's face.
    This film really fly's by great pacing, been a while since I watched it all the way through.
    Bond gets the lotus,
    That was a neat idea that we don't hear Q explaining to Bond its hidden assets!
    BTW: According to imdb Jaws’ dentures were designed by Katharina Kubrick (Kubrick's stepdaughter).