The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @barryt007, thank you! Trust me, I find a lot of enjoyment and fun in DAD, as goofy and ridiculous and cheesy and laughably bad it is at times; however, that surfing sequence is most certainly awful, no way to defend that scene at all.

I know some can't stand it, but one of my favorite moments of Brosnan's in DAD is during the car chase with Zao, where he uses the ejector seat to dodge the incoming rocket. Always been awesome to me.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one who noticed that.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    TMWTGG slowly becomes one of my favourites to watch!

If I ranked the films by "most fun to watch" it'll be something like this:

1 DAF
    2 QOS
    3 TMWTGG
    4 MR
    5 DAD
    6 LALD
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited January 2017 Posts: 16,338
    What's even more ironic is that in Octopussy during the 2 scenes with Mishka and Grishka, As they are about to go in for the kill both times you can hear the opening notes to Laurie Johnson's theme to The Avengers.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    DAD is so nearly as good as GE, TND, TLD, CR, SP

I had it in my Top 10 for a good 10 years. Only in recent years it has fallen out of it and landed somewhere in the middle.

I find the constant complaints about the 10 ! seconds of CGI surfing rather silly.

Its not only that. Its the crap fest dialogue that starts when jinx arrives, amongst other things.

Having said that, I know what you mean. Madonna doesn't do a bad job, but people have a fit because she's Madonna. If she was an unknown people would not have batted an eyelid.
    soon to begin: tonight's fabulous double feature:

<font size=5>LICENCE</font>

<font size=7>TO</font>

<font size=6>KILL</font>

<font size=5>TOMORROW</font>

<font size=7>NEVER</font>

<font size=6>DIES</font>
    Sometimes life can be good. Yes I'm lonely and heart-broken, but at least I got my brothers-in-arms and you guys.

Making myself comfortable earlier with one of Switzerland's famous dishes: Fondue, it's a melted cheese mixture with some garlic, and some white whine in it.
    You eat this with bread cubes and drink white wine to it.

Dinner for one :)

And of course the great Dalton on TV.

The PTS is one of the best, it's like a Bond mini movie, the score is fantastic and the action and stunts are great. And of course Dalton isn't a wuss and did it almost all himself!

The title sequence is maybe visually not the best but the song is one of the most powerful in the series and it gives me goosebumps every time.

The Wedding Date: It's a unique sequence and adds to the character of Felix Leiter greatly.
    The bittersweet moment when Felix has to explain to Della about Bond being married a long time ago... such little details make this film a certain Top 10 entry.

Felix getting nibbled on by the bad shark isn't for the faint of heart. Back then it bothered me greatly but I was only 15. Today I can see how important this scene is to provide the motivation Bond has to avenge Felix and Della.

Some of the very best acting jobs in the series happen when Bond finds Della and Felix dead and half-dead in their house. Dalton is on fire. That's what I want to see from a Bond actor, real emotions, believably put on the big screen. Do I have to spell it out:

DALTON RULEZ™

Dinner is over now and I will enjoy the second third of the film and comment on it.

full.jpg
    full.jpg
    I loved LTK in the cinema and sat through it 11 times in the summer of '89. I loved it so much I saved up the then astronomical price of $89.99 just to buy it immediately upon it's home video release on January 4th, 1990.
    Effing A . I'm in the mood for it. It's going in right now............
    UA logo............
    Gunbarrel.....TIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I can attest in the cinema the blood was a vivid rich thick red during the GB. Even the Blu-rays don't quite capture the hues of Binder's work, but it comes close.
    I don't know about the red at the cinema. It's too long ago, but one thing is for sure, LTK is one of the best looking Bond films on Blu-ray (not counting the Craig ones).
    Titles- what a great segue from the church Here Comes The Bride bit............ gives one chills to hear those opening GF style chords.
    Patti LaBelle really is one of the greats! But Gladys Knight is even better.
    Astonishing what female power EON assembled for the LTK soundtrack.
    I don't know about the red at the cinema. It's too long ago, but one thing is for sure, LTK is one of the best looking Bond films on Blu-ray (not counting the Craig ones).
    They did an amazing job on the Blu-ray. The red is real close. The colors pop as they did in the cinema.
    Comment on Tim's hair...........the back is long enough and looks trimmed that if he wanted a Fonzie D.A....he could pull it off.
    I liked Kamen's atmospheric score. Enhances the film's mood and reminds me of that late '80s Kamen era. A time-capsule of sorts.
    Patti LaBelle really is one of the greats! But Gladys Knight is even better.
    Astonishing what female power EON assembled for the LTK soundtrack.
    Great songs that are a bit underrated yet so perfectly Bondian in tone.
    Comment on Robert Davi's hair: taper the neckline as opposed to his blocked off nape, and Robert could pull off a Humphrey Bogart look if he wanted to.
    I looked away long enough to type a comment and missed the shot of Leiter's bitten off leg.
    Krest Warehouse scenes.
    Tim looks good. Lean and mean. He's serious and means business, especially sneaking around the warehouse at night. Damn they really need to bring this element of Bond back, and THIS is a great example of those types of scenes.
    I'm just afraid, Craig could never look that cool.
    What is that navy blue jacket/shirt thing Bond wears in the warehouse and Hemingway location scenes? In 1989 I looked everywhere for something like it and could never find one. I suppose it's main purpose is to hide Bond's shoulder holster in warmer climates.
    Reminder to Eon: 007 wears a shoulder holster and NOT a belt holster as in SP.
    Dalton looks great in everything really. I just love him.

The scene with M is so strong. That's how Bond goes rogue. Simply perfect. M being hard but cares at the same time. A great M. I miss those days.
    I hope Fiennes can bring some of that back. Already has in SP of course.
    @BondJasonBond006
    The M scene was great. I liked Robert Brown's M a lot. He was old school and traditional, yet wasn't a Bernard Lee clone. I miss the Bond says of the late '80's. Had the then higher ups at MGM not sold the TV rights to the Bonds, or whatever it was they did, we most definitely would have had a third Dalton Bond in 1991.
    It is my strong believe that Dalton would have become a legend like Moore.
    Moore wasn't very popular before TSWLM I believe. Sometimes it takes a couple of movies.
    1991 and then probably 1993 would have cemented Dalton as the Bond for the nineties.
    It is my strong believe that Dalton would have become a legend like Moore.
    Moore wasn't very popular before TSWLM I believe. Sometimes it takes a couple of movies.
    1991 and then probably 1993 would have cemented Dalton as the Bond for the nineties.

I always felt the balance between humor and grit for Dalton would have been perfected by his 3rd film. He can play humor, be charming and funny, arrogant, and so forth. Hawks and The Rocketeer show those traits marvelously. Great actor Tim is.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I'm loving the love for Dalton ! :)>-
    I cant watch a Bond film tonight,girlfriend is only half asleep on the sofa,but nice to see my buddies are still going for it....and Jason,listen to @Birdleson and me ...i was married 16 years and was betrayed....you arnt lonely,you have us ....
    @Birdleson
    @barryt007

Thank you for the encouraging words.
    I love my flat, I put work into it to make it comfy and cosy and I have put all my favourite stuff on display, I'm surrounded by it and I like that.
    My friend with benefits is a great thing that I have going on since last August.
    I know I should not complain.
    I have to get used to being alone, it's been 9 months now since my wife gave me the boot and I can't even blame her, we were more friends than lovers. At least we parted on good terms, we do have a daughter after all and will see to it that she keeps happy. She's only 7 this April, 16th. She stays with me every other weekend and every Monday, Tuesday.

I agree that things like my movies, my comics, my newly found freedom and having good friends should be enough. I will adapt eventually to feel alone in the night.
    Well i dont even see my daughters as my wife and her 'mum' poisoned them (i thought they had more brains but whatever) against me,so at least it is all amicable and nice ,so you have done ok my friend..my split was 4 years ago and i am so happy now with my lovely partner...time and toughness heals all..if i can cope with that then you are in a good situation with your children..you know where i am if you need me Jason....i mean that.
    where women are concerned we are,as @Birdleson says 'nuts'....but we have Bond and eachother...life isnt so bad.