The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

I love scenes where Bond steals a jacket and disguises himself as an employee. Another John Glen tradition. Moore looks great in the Octopussy Circus jacket.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    OP is Moore's best, imo.

I watched TMWTGG's first half yesterday, soon I will watch the rest. Even the prospect of "bonertime" with Goodnight didn't keep me awake :P
    I'm not easily sexually attracted to people, but boy, I am to Britt Ekland. In fact there are quite a few Bond ladies I find hard to resist.

As @barryt007 puts so charmingly all the time. "Jason, it's tissue time!" ;)
    the fun continues...

watching second half of TMWTGG now...
    OP is Moore's best, imo.

I watched TMWTGG's first half yesterday, soon I will watch the rest. Even the prospect of "bonertime" with Goodnight didn't keep me awake :P
    I'm not easily sexually attracted to people, but boy, I am to Britt Ekland. In fact there are quite a few Bond ladies I find hard to resist.

As @barryt007 puts so charmingly all the time. "Jason, it's tissue time!" ;)

Agreed my old mate,OP Is definately Roger's best and one of my all time favourites .

Have you not seen Britt naked in the 'Wicker Man' as the barmaid, Jason ?....tits,bum,legs,the lot !!!

And you do love your Kleenex tissues i know....supermarkets are having trouble keeping a supply available in Switzerland i hear ;)
    it has to go somewhere :P

I won't need them at the weekend though, it's friend with benefits time then :D

Roger Moore goes to School
    I love that scene, the fight is great, looks good and it seems Sir Rog did it all himself.
    edited January 2017 Posts: 9,020
    ELEPHANTS!? We're Democrats!

OMG :))

I love JW Pepper, I do.
    Sheriff J.W always brings a smile to my face,he is not embarrassing like Jaws im MR which was just stupid towards the end...
    In MWTGG he's definitely too crude and irritating.
    Well he was rude and racist in LALD so he just branched out a bit....added another string to his bow ;)
    ha ha yes. I don't mind that though. It's part of his charm ;)

Oh that poor woman, Goodnight really has to put up with Bond's antics.

I mean really, James! Couldn't you suggest a threesome, I'm sure Miss Anders wouldn't mind...
    He seems a lot LOUDER in Golden Gun, which is why I don't like him as much.
    JW is best in LALD, that's for sure, but as a nice da capo it works, and let's not forget the upcoming evel knievel sequence where JW rocks!
    what a waste, poor Mrs Anders...
    a difficult shot, but most gratifying...
    Thats ok...she is reincarnated in 2 more films dont forget !
    M telling Q to shut up, now that must be a first and the only time I think :P
    Just saw a car fly away...
    It is the only time,yep.....M is a real grump in that film...i will watch TMWTGG next when i get around to the next Bond viewing.
    You'll be sorry! I may be small but I never forget!!
    Well that was quick really. A great watch, very enjoyable and actually TMWTGG has become a guilty pleasure of mine.

...something came up...

...she's just coming, Sir...

...Goodnight. Sir!
    ...and the best of all end titles songs!

Goodnight, goodnight....no need to fear...James Bond is here :D
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Still can't figure out how DAD opens up with that impressive, practical surfing stunt, just to give us another surfing-related stunt later on that's ruined by some of the worst CG/green screen I've ever seen.
    That is one of the mysteries of the Bond universe @Creasy47 .....and yet,sandwiched inbetween are great scenes like Cuba,the clinic,the hotel in Hong Kong with Mr Chan,the swordfight etc...it could have been excellent.....DAD is so nearly good...
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Not to mention a massively overlooked score by Arnold.
    DAD is so nearly as good as GE, TND, TLD, CR, SP

I had it in my Top 10 for a good 10 years. Only in recent years it has fallen out of it and landed somewhere in the middle.

I find the constant complaints about the 10 ! seconds of CGI surfing rather silly.
    up next at Jason's:

<font size=5>LICENCE</font>

<font size=7>TO</font>

<font size=6>KILL</font>
    I should watch LTK soon.
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 19,339
    DAD is so nearly as good as GE, TND, TLD, CR, SP

I had it in my Top 10 for a good 10 years. Only in recent years it has fallen out of it and landed somewhere in the middle.

I find the constant complaints about the 10 ! seconds of CGI surfing rather silly.

I wouldnt say it is as good as GE,TND,CR,SP but as for TLD ,its a damned sight better with me !!

As for the surfing scene i just fast forward through it ,its the last 3rd of the film where it goes wrong.
    But i dont find it half as bad as most others,and its a great film to watch when you are drunk !!

Oh yes, getting wrecked while watching DAD is great, and that Berry always gives me a nice huge bo... ahem smile in my pants :D
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited January 2017 Posts: 40,676
    @barryt007, yeah? I've seen a lot of people mention fast forwarding scenes in the series, but I don't believe I've ever done that, regardless of how much I might despise a particular bit.

If I can sit through SF and SP, you can endure that embarrassing surfing sequence.

EDIT: I bet as soon as Bond got to Graves' ice palace, he was itching for the chance to use that "Plenty of ice...if you can spare it" line. I like to think the bartender internally sighed at that cheesy ass joke.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @barryt007, yeah? I've seen a lot of people mention fast forwarding scenes in the series, but I don't believe I've ever done that, regardless of how much I might despise a particular bit.

If I can sit through SF and SP, you can endure that embarrassing surfing sequence.

EDIT: I bet as soon as Bond got to Graves' ice palace, he was itching for the chance to use that "Plenty of ice...if you can spare it" line. I like to think the bartender internally sighed at that cheesy ass joke.

Hahaha fair play,in homage to you sitting through SF and SP i will watch that scene with open eyes next time.

To be fair,Brosnan delivers that line really well and i love the way he holds the martini glass....nice little moments that most people miss in DAD.