The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    My favourite scene (yeah...almost)

Sylvia Trench da capo.

Oh I wish they would have kept her for the other 3 films as well...

She is my favourite Bond girl really.
    edited January 2017 Posts: 9,020
    Ali Kerim Bey.
    Ali Kerim Bey.
    Ali Kerim Bey...
    You are not glad to see me
    this morning, cheri?

- Overjoyed.

I...
    I no longer please you?

- Be still!

Now really Ali Kerim Bey, I would never let that woman wait. Look how she's stretched out on that bed in that orange dress looking to you and that risqué neckline!
    Oh Kerim, one has to delve deeply into Turkey's treasures, don't you know!?

Kerim Bey's girl really stands on the same level for me as the best only of the Bond girls. She's hotter than hell.

Now that actually is my favourite scene of the film! Including the explosive finale of it.
    Sex tape alert!!

That bloody Klebb. Filming Bond shagging!

...good thing there wasn't an internet back in the 60s...
    the complete train part of FRWL is just brilliant from start to finish, very Hitchcockian and it plays a big part in making FRWL the eternal classic it is.
    poor Ali Kerim Bey, my favourite Bond ally is dead :(

well at least I got my second favourite and he's still alive, Jack Wade :P
    Connery Bond looking rather shocked and spent after Klebb gets shot. Good to see he can lose his cool.

Bond in a boat in Venice waving goodbye! How silly :P

Oh what a great film.
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    From Russia With Love really is great. I must re watch this very soon, thanks for the reminder. On a side note I've always thought the character in TND should have been Silvia Trench rather than Paris Carver. It would have been a nice emotional link to the past and had more of a punch when she was killed. Missed opportunity IMO.
    @BondJasonBond006, you make me want to watch FRWL, now. Wasn't that long ago that I watched it, but am in the mood for it again. That's the charm of the early Connery Bonds. You can watch them dozens, even hundreds of times and still want more.
    Absolutely @ToTheRight

DN to GF can be re-watched countless times, also DAF (imo).
    Absolutely @ToTheRight

DN to GF can be re-watched countless times, also DAF (imo).

I agree. DAF as well. In fact, DAF was one of the Bonds I watched the most as a kid. It was always entertaining.
    THUNDERBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Moneypenny, next time I see you, I'll put you across my knee.
    Been awhile for this one. One of my favorites.
    007 just reminded I need more fruit in my diet. Those grapes looked good.
    The Rack sequence is pretty funny really. "I musht be shix inches taller".
    Watching TB now reminds me I should replace my old copy of Terence Young's Triple Cross. WWII espionage thriller with CLAUDINE AUGER, and Gert Frobe. Christopher Plummer is the hero, almost Bondian. In fact, the way he delivers some of his line are pure Connery in tone.
    Fiona and Derval getting it on.
    Paul Stassino was great on The Saint appearing in multiple episodes.
    The Quist/Bond sequence. I love Barry's score as he's sneaking around his room then checks the recording. Years ago I cut a big hole inside a book to put tape recorders and things in. It was a rare Herman Wouk masterpiece and I probably should have used an encyclopedia or dictionary instead. Of course being 10 years old, I didn't think of it's value. I just wanted a Bond gadget.
    up next at Jason's:

<font size=4>THE MAN</font>
    <font size=5>WITH THE</font>
    <font size=6>GOLDEN</font>
    <font size=7>GUN</font>
    up next at Jason's:

<font size=4>THE MAN</font>
    <font size=5>WITH THE</font>
    <font size=6>GOLDEN</font>
    <font size=7>GUN</font>

Good choice! One can never go wrong with Christopher Lee.
    Departure on Gate 009 in 1974 seconds.
    What a PTS, full of fantasy, suspense and wicked fun.

I love it. Actually it is one of my favourite because I love the set of the Funhouse.

You get Moore playing a trigger happy wax cowboy as an inside joke :D

That beautiful island! I already feel like on a holiday trip.
    And while I know I am in a minority, let me tell you this:

The Man With The Golden Gun is one of my favourite Bond songs. Lulu is just the best and the song is so catchy, uplifting and great. The use of its melody throughout the film is brilliant, John Barry is such a genius.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I love both the title track and the score.
    Probably my favourite dialogue exchange from Bond and M in the series:

Bond: Who would pay a million dollars to have me killed?
    M: Jealous husbands, outraged chefs, humiliated tailors. The list is endless.
    and people say Moore couldn't fight...

a blatant lie...like the myth...Moore Bond never bleeds.

Look at one of the more brutal hand fights in the series. Moore throws quite a punch and shows those losers the way through the wall and mirror.

And Bond bleeds from his mouth. Moore is not Connery sure, but he had his own style and it worked perfectly.

This is another great scene in the film.

And some great humour in it too. Bond takes a bullet :P The look on his face is priceless.
    <iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/L8VdrmJo5qc"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    James, it's wonderful to see you!

Entering Mary Goodnight... I wish :D
    I usually don't stop watching a Bond halfway through, but I am too tired now...I certainly will have a big hard... ahem...dream about Mary. I am attracted to her. Never understood why she's rather disliked.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited January 2017 Posts: 13,925
    I believe that Moore can't fight, and I stand by that. He couldn't. I've said it before, but watching Moore in the fights, must be like watching the Tin Man from The Wizard Of Oz in a fight. Moore is such an awkward fighter.
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 11,189
    I believe that Moore can't fight, and I stand by that. He couldn't. I've said it before, but watching Moore in the fights, must be like watching the Tin Man from The Wizard Of Oz in a fight. Moore is such an awkward fighter.

Yeah, he always moved in such a clunky way. It was definitely at its worse from TSWLM onwards. Not to mention that "ooop" stubbed toe grunt he always made when hit.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    BAIN123 wrote: »

Yeah, he always moved in such a clunky way. It was definitely at its worse from TSWLM onwards. Not to mention that "ooop" stubbed toe grunt he always made when hit.

As I read your post, in my mind I pictured the scene from TMWTGG when Bond is kissing Saida, and the bald thug grabs Bond from behind, he swallows the bullet and makes that exact "ooop" sound.
    Watching OCTOPUSSY!!!
    Moore's fight sequences were more intense and dynamic on The Saint, compared to the Bonds, however TMWTGG is probably the closest to capture that feel.
    The fight with Yo-Yo Dude and his buddies is a pretty decent fight sequence. Moore seems to have some aggression here.