The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

ToTheRight wrote: »
    I, THE JURY if I recall the first Hammer story?

Yeah. I love the novel.

Biff Elliot, who played Hammer in that film version reminds me of one of the DEAD END KIDS, only grown up. Still, it's a solid noir. Remade in '82 with Armand Assante and Barbara Carrera.

Of course I remember the Assante film, another to revisit

The one I want to revisit is the MARGIN FOR MURDER television version with Kevin Dobson. I haven't seen that in at least 30 years.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited September 2019 Posts: 23,528

Yeah. I love the novel.

Biff Elliot, who played Hammer in that film version reminds me of one of the DEAD END KIDS, only grown up. Still, it's a solid noir. Remade in '82 with Armand Assante and Barbara Carrera.

The one I want to revisit is the MARGIN FOR MURDER television version with Kevin Dobson. I haven't seen that in at least 30 years.

Not sure if I have seen that one, I watched the Keach films when they were first released. My parents were big Film Noir/ Mike Hammer/ Philip Marlowe fans so naturally as a kid I watched many films in that genre

Yeah. I love the novel.

Not sure if I have seen that one, I watched the Keach films when they were first released. My parents were big Film Noir/ Mike Hammer/ Philip Marlowe fans so naturally as a kid I watched many films in that genre

I always loved that genre as well. Wish the Keach episodes from the '80's were released on DVD/Blu-ray. Maybe some day?
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited September 2019 Posts: 23,528

This is on YouTube and maybe more, I have lost interest in watching SP, may watch the Mike Hammer Murder Takes All movie

This is on YouTube and maybe more, I have lost interest in watching SP, may watch the Mike Hammer Murder Takes it All movie

That's a good one. Jim Carey's in it. Linda Carter.

This is on YouTube and maybe more, I have lost interest in watching SP, may watch the Mike Hammer Murder Takes it All movie

The episode with Mickey Dolenz is on YouTube also

The episode with Mickey Dolenz is on YouTube also

I remember that one. Also the one with Tony Dow.
    Another fun viewing of the 5th Sean Bond. Pretty much remains where it's at in my rankings.
    YOLT in the DVD player , not great quality DVD ,need to upgrade I think ,but anyway I haven’t seen this film in over 2 years so let’s see.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    YOLT in the DVD player , not great quality DVD ,need to upgrade I think ,but anyway I haven’t seen this film in over 2 years so let’s see.

You should upgrade buddy.
    YOLT, though it has come down in my ranking over the years, looks great on blu-ray.
    Blue ray again ? I was trying to avoid it but it looks like I don’t have a choice x but I have over 100 DVDs and I would have to buy all 24 Bond films yet again !
    Why does Bond call Moneypenny ‘Penny’ , I’ve never got that .
    Love the opening scenes wz Aki and Henderson, pure Bond .
    Love the way Bond infiltrates Osato’s x Sir Sean is class here , looks far from the ‘bored’ rumours.
    Tiger Tanaka is a very underrated ally compared to Kerim,Draco and Mathis .
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 19,339
    Bloody hell this is a boring film
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    In the mood for a bit of Sir Rog tonight (ooer!) so I've cracked open the whiskey and it's The Man With The Golden Gun

Never been a massive fan of the PTS. Is that Stout Scaramanga is drinking on the beach?!!! And here we go with the worst assassin ever.....the whole thing looks so cheap and nasty....
    The theme song sounds so much better in the film than the soundtrack recording.....
    Bernard Lee really does not look well. Looks like he's suffering with the shakes.

Lois Maxwell on the other hand still looks good in this film 😘
    Sharp suit Roger....got a bit ruffled in the pretty decent fight....

"I've lost my charm!" 😄
    Great scene with Q and his assistant...

Moore looking cool in the white (safari?) Jacket.....👍
    These early scenes really are good. It's only later the film starts to derail and drop in quality.
    Great scene with Maud Adams. Moore is seriously good. Arrogant, cruel and nasty. Maud Adams is pretty decent here too.
    Chew Mei....😁 Very naked in the pool.....!

"Phu-Yuk??!!!" 😄
    Would love me an AMC Hornet! Why the hell is JW Pepper test driving a car in a foreign country?!!!

Great stunt with the river jump....
    Lovely Thailand locations. The seaplane journey is beautifully shot.
    Not the best actress but Britt Ekland looks amazing in this! 😍
    How the hell did M get the number for Scaramanga's junk?

Enjoyable viewing of TMWTGG but you can see why Broccoli had to up the ante with the next film.

Great performance from Sir Rog 👍

Very easy on the eye, her happlessness is the greatest threat to Bond in this film :))

Very easy on the eye, her happlessness is the greatest threat to Bond in this film :))

True! She does get treated pretty badly by Bond throughout the film though!