The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

The legendary Prof Dent/Dr No scene.

What a great villain Joseph Wiseman was.

The tarantula scene is classic.

I must say I really do like Monty Norman's score. The soundtrack album itself, I find to be one of the weaker ones, but I love his music cues throughout.
    Felix laughs at Quarrel for believing in dragons. Kind of like how everyone laughs at Linus for believing in The Great Pumpkin.

I love Mrs. Taro .

The car chase is great. Sean has the best facial expressions.
    Bond looks at his watch............... just enough time before the police arrive.
    Bond puts on his favorite song. ................

the famous scene.

Prof Dent gets his. An underrated secondary villain, IMO. I wonder how long Bond waited for him to arrive? Looks like he was sitting there quite a while.

Bond leaves his rented car at the docks.

No worries. M will cover the bill.

Here we go.................my favorite section of the film.

I love the Crab Key scenes.

I'd really classify this as adventure over action. I would really love a low key Bond film in the future akin to this one.

Bond awakens to Honey. A classic moment in cinema history.

The shower scene is funny. This whole section is great as Bond barks orders at everyone. YES!!!!!!!!
    Let's have some breakfast.................

Because I'm hungry!!!!

Bond really hasn't eaten in quite some time. He didn't get to go to the Blue Mountain Grill..........unless he popped over for take out on the way to meet Felix and Quarrel.

Damn coffee!!!

I love the loud crashing sound made when he smashes the cup. It's actually louder in mono.

Why Where When
    Bond gets pounded. The film went to commercial here on ABC.
    I love when Bond falls down the shaft as he's carefully trying to climb down.
    Well here is the climax. The fight with Dr No is fun. I love this particular Ken Adam set. The more I watch this one, the more I'd love B25 to capture some of this low key feel.
    Called out today as I'm under the weather. In true tradition it is mandatory that I pop in a Bond when fighting a cold.

A VIEW TO A KILL

My favorite movie of all time.

I like the disclaimer.

The gunbarrel has more contrast in this film with a whiter background. Also it's a bit more close up than the other scope Roger's.

I should be watching TND in honor of the fact Pierce had a cold while filming the PTS and there were no attempts whatsoever made to hide his runny nose.

Roger remains dashing at all times.

California Girls is almost funny.

I love this PTS, but don't rank it as high as TSWLM or OP .

I love the submarine. I must admit I'm ready for another era in the Roger mold.
    Something fun, with thrills and stunts and good humor.

That's something that can't be forced. Roger naturally had it in him.
    Titles................ I prefer this to the last several title sequences actually. Maybe it's the smoky black background I love from the later Binder sequences.

I remember the song being really loud in the cinema with the audience bopping their heads to it. I don't remember if the audience did that during SP.

Love the lyrics here. Duran Duran.

Great chord progression as well. Fun to jam to.

For a Bond that was (for the longest time) my least favorite, I certainly pop this one in a lot.

I love the crack in Roger's voice here. Michael J Fox.

The regulars here look distinguished. Q looks great in the proper attire.
    Bond is under dressed for the occasion.

Many close ups of Roger's face.
    I did a play last year and had my blond eyebrows darkened. It ended up looking like Roger's here, for which I was quite proud.

Move you a..........

I love Moneypenny here.
    I would love to see this screened again in 35mm.

Just for the colors.

Mayday's dress really pops here on the Blu-ray.

Roger's facial expression when he says :I'll buy you dinner when I get back" reminds me of his Saint years. I love THE SAINT.
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 15,847
    The Eiffel Tower sequence was my favorite as a kid and it still holds up for me.

I always liked scenes where Bond dines. Roger holds his fork different from Sean. The scene cuts right before Bond puts the food in his mouth.

Here we go...................................

OOOOOHHHHHRHHHHHH

I'd love to see more stunts from high landmarks in the series again. Perhaps that why I enjoyed a couple of the recent M:I films? That scene in GHOST PROTOCOL on the Burj Khalifa really hit the spot for me.
    Bond mingling and partying hard. Maybe he should do some karaoke?

Those sunglasses are HUGE.

I love when he sneaks into Zorin's office here. The last time we see the white dinner jacket for 30 years.

I missed it.

I remember Siskel and Ebert in their review lamenting that Walken was too nice of a guy to play a villain. Zorin is my second favorite Roger villain.

Siskel always thought Roger was miscast. Only liked Connery, though gave OP thumbs up. He once mentioned Denzel Washington would have been the only actor to live up to Connery's legacy as Bond. His reviews were very contradictory, Still they're great fun to watch on YouTube.

Stacey isn't buying Bond's charm. Rejected flat. Bond always keeps his cool.

Here comes the little warehouse fight.

The little hats are funny.

The Roger Punch. Craig does that in SF.

Tibbett got his a$$ kicked unfortunately.

Now Zorin's getting his kicked.

Bond rolls his eyes as he kisses Mayday. Connery would have looked at his watch.
    I love the steeplechase bit.

Bond takes a thrashing here.

Underrated action scene, IMO.
    Anthony Chinn plunges..................

Fisherman's Wharf scene. MAUD ADAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!

Here's another underrated action scene, IMO.
    I love this suspenseful underwater bit.

Bond gets stuck and nearly chewed up.
    Bond has few gadgets in this one and must rely on his ingenuity.

Several moments like that actually.

Conley getting pis$ed. "HURRY UP GO*D*M**T!"
    The hot tub scene. I always liked Swan Lake, too.

Meanwhile Gogol waits outside for hours on end..............................
    Green pencil.

The little note Bond writes reminds me of the moment in GF when he writes the note to CIA.

I love the look on Mr Howe's face after Bond says "I didn't KNOW that."

The respect Bond shows Mr Howe during that interview is very Wally Cleaver.
    Reminds me of when Wally is in the principal's office on Eddie Haskell's behalf.

I've grown to quite like Tanya Robert's Stacey Sutton over the years.
    This fight sequence is pretty funny actually. The audience cheered throughout.

Bond vs. Carl Perkins and Lou Costello.

I think the real Lou Costello and Carl Perkins might have given Bond a much harder time here.

Quiche de cabinet. Anytime i serve quiche I say Viola- Quiche de Cabinet!

Looks good actually.

Roger, I believe is still the only Bond shown to eat Fleming's beloved eggs in the film series. Unless of course Craig is eating eggs as he dines with Vesper before she's kidnapped. He certainly has toast there.

Bond takes hours reconnecting the phone and misses out on his chance. Oh well.
    He then takes the liberty of staying the night regardless.

LOWERY effs up once again. LOWERY must have not been aware that........... it's the joining together of two land masses. The fault line is unstable and shifting, which is why you get earthquakes in California from time to time.

I really should go back and find the earlier SE DVD from 2000.
    Bond carries Stacey down the fire truck ladder. Great moment, IMO. John Barry.

Sheriff JW Pepper's San Francisco cousin. Joe Flood is great. He has some great facial expressions. I think the guys on James Bond Radio should get him for an interview for a podcast.

The other cops laugh at his expense.
    Bond wears slip on shoes for ALL occasions. Even hard hat required construction work.

I really like the Zorin Industries jackets. Teal gray. Some photos it looks more blue gray.

Tanya's overalls are a slightly lighter shade.

Anytime I see a teal gray color like that I think of Jack Pierce's iconic make up for the Frankenstein Monster, which was pretty much that same hue: sky gray.

Gray with a blue/green teal hue.

Most artist depictions of the Frankenstein Monster incorrectly color him Hulk green.
    Pet peeve of mine.

Bond and Mayday are about to rumble. I really love this section with the mines. Great ending, IMO.

The Golden Gate Bridge is the icing on the cake. This film definitely has one of my favorite climactic scenes in the series.
    Zorin thinks it's funny everyone is getting killed. Roger hated this scene.

I remember my mom thought it was way too violent for a Roger film and for Bond period, but seemed to give LTK more leeway. She preferred Timmy D.

Bond and Mayday are now best friends. Too bad Jaws doesn't miraculously show up to help.

I like Zorin's caper myself. Kind of wish we'd get another villain with a huge scheme again.

Great viewing of VIEW.
    Considering how often I watch this one it should be higher in my rankings.
    Next time.................
    @Birdleson let’s make it happen tomorrow. How about 8 pm central?
    Looks like you would be at 6:00 @Birdleson. Does that work?
    Awesome! Look forward to it. Yeah I’m stuck out here in OK. Not from here though. One day hope to move away.