The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

Great opening shot.
    Kimberly Jones never bothered me. I remember the audience cheering when he goes into the sub and she's waiting for him.
    Roger has a slight stubble in the sub.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    There was a lot of audience cheering during the Roger Era, that's for sure. Still, I think the short term laugh often hindered the future status of the overall effort.

Been a long time since I've seen a film with a vocal audience. There were many scenes of cheering during THE FUGITIVE.
    Also the gunbarrel in GOLDENEYE the audience I was with cheered as soon as Pierce stepped into frame.
    My annoyance with Duran Duran stopped me from fully appreciation this Title Song when it came out. Now I rank it in, or at least just outside, the Top Ten.

I was in elementary school when this came out, and even then I felt Duran Duran was too MTV for Bond.
    Roger's voice cracks and he reminds me of Michael J Fox.
    That was it. But they came through. On the other hand, a-ha, which was essentially an MTV one-hit-wonder, gave us the worst song in the series, so far as I'm concerned.

A-HA 's song is definitely an acquired taste. I like it enough, but it sounds unfinished.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Roger's voice cracks and he reminds me of Michael J Fox.

At what point?

On "Moneypenny" right before he says "don't you think it's a little over the top for the office".
    Bond crashes the wedding literally.
    I'm glad that both Sting and Bowie turned down the roll. Walken is great.

Me, too. Great villain.
    On the Tracks of 007 had some great recent photos of that locale. Looks the same.
    @ToTheRight , you watch these films enough, you should participate in the Guess the Character thread.

Good idea. Some of those are quite tricky.
    Wow. I should visit San Francisco some day. So many historic film locations there. A friend of mine went to the apartment used as Lauren Bacall's in DARK PASSAGE.
    I even know where that spa in Japantown is (or was).

Was it torn down?
    I'd like to see some of the Dirty Harry movie locations as well.
    At the time, I was disappointed that Patrick Macnee didn't hot anyone with a steel reinforced bowler hat, ala Steed on THE AVENGERS. It's of rtes best that he didn't.

I met him at a book signing in '89. Very much a gentleman. Decent line for him, and he showed up about 15 minutes early. He said "sorry to keep you waiting, let's get started shall we?".

Very suave. I was in high school and told him I was taking drama. He said: You look good, you'll do fine. Just don't let rejection discourage you. We all go through it."

Great music here.
    At the time, I was disappointed that Patrick Macnee didn't hot anyone with a steel reinforced bowler hat, ala Steed on THE AVENGERS. It's of rtes best that he didn't.

I met him at a book signing in '89. Very much a gentleman. Decent line for him, and he showed up about 15 minutes early. He said "sorry to keep you waiting, let's get started shall we?".

Very suave. I was in high school and told him I was taking drama. He said: You look good, you'll do fine. Just don't let rejection discourage you. We all go through it."

So, did it work?

It was good advice, and I did theater for years. I still do some theater occasionally.
    I'd remove this upcoming fight scene. I like the breaking into the lab.

I like Bond and Tibbett sneaking around. Bond in his track suit.
    That's cool. So does @Some_Kind_Of_Hero , a lot of local theatre. I'll have t come watch you some day.

I'm in Upstate NY. Relocated here a few years ago, and did a play last year. Toughest thing about theater is scheduling. Working a FT job with flexible hours for rehearsals.
    I'd lose that track suit. For Bond and Scaramanga.

LOL. He should have worn his LALD turtle neck. I suppose if he were caught by security he could say he went out for a jog.
    Roger's favorite scene.
    Where Upstate? You've told me before.

North Adirondacks. By the border. Very rural area with farm land, rivers and Lake Champlain. Also several small towns.
    I always dislike this race. Phony and goofy. Too many revealing close-ups. But the short run through the woods at the end is excellent.

I think there's something similar in one of the John Gardner books. Don't recall which one.
    Where Upstate? You've told me before.

North Adirondacks. By the border. Very rural area with farm land, rivers and Lake Champlain. Also several small towns.

I lived in the Binghamton area form 4th grade though high school. Then went to Syracuse University. So I know Upstate. We used to rent a cottage on Big Moose Lake in the Adirondacks.

Nice! We drove through Syracuse a few months ago. It's a very pretty area. I grew up in Seattle, so it's nice to have a variety of seasons here.
    The winters here are hard core. Looks like a Christmas postcard for the most part.
    Seattle has had a lot of redevelopment the past 10 years. I fear it won't be too long before the Space Needle is completely surrounded by high rise buildings.
    Still, never a dull moment there.
    I don't know if you know this, but Anthony Chinn, who plays the Taiwanese Businessman who gets dropped out of the blimp was also a henchman in DN, GF and YOLT. He die sin all but GF, where he just serves Bond a Mint Julep.

That's right!
    Maud's boyfriend walked by.
    I used to think the woman in the black dress was here but not so sure.
    Perhaps this will be released in 4K? Get a better look.
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 15,818
    I'm heading into SF in the morning. I think I'll go by Fisherman's Wharf and get an Irish Coffee at The Buena Vista. Haven't been down too that part of town in a few years.

I'll bet it gets quite a few tourists.