The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

BAIN123 wrote: »
    Nostalgia certainly plays a part in that, but I think if people can be nostalgic about mid 80s Roger and Tanya Roberts then I can about GE.

I cant think of many better Bond films (only 5 more in fact on my list ) that i would be proud to be nostalgic about..i'm loving watching it....ooh its time for :

"No no no...no more foreplay..take me to Janus "
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 11,189
    I do love the scene coming up with him walking through the statue park. You can definitely imagine Fleming writing an entire chapter on Bond's thoughts as he walks past the statues staring down at him.

"hello James" said a familiar voice (end of chapter)
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 19,339
    I do like the scene coming up with him walking through the statue park. You can definitely imagine Fleming writing an entire chapter on Bond's thoughts as he walks past the statues.

"hello James" said a familiar voice (end of chapter)

I was just going to comment on that...such a powerful moment in the series,seeing Bond walk through the destruction of Soviet Russia and the eerieness he feels,all alone.

Pierce did so well in this scene.

And the perfect ending of the chapter Bain...spot on !!!
    You would HAVE to turn the next page no matter how late at night it was when you were reading it.
    He sells it well. On guard but somewhat out of his depth.

It's well directed too. The camera movements always give the feeling that Bond is always being watched.
    I LOVE the helicopter escape scene now playing ,and the comment at the end,one of the best in the series :

"The things we do for frequent flier mileage"
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I LOVE the helicopter escape scene now playing ,and the comment at the end,one of the best in the series :

I like that line too. I even read that in Pierce's voice.

Having worked for an airline for 30 years i pissed myself laughing in the cinema when i heard that...love it .

Mind you i also like :

"I'm a little tied up.....oh never mind"..

Having worked for an airline for 30 years i pissed myself laughing in the cinema when i heard that...love it .

Mind you i also like :

That line was a bit crap but I think the idea was that Bond knew it was crap...hence the "never mind".
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 19,339

Mind you i also like :

That line was a bit crap but I think the idea was that Bond knew it was crap...hence the "never mind".

Spot on..he couldnt help himself but caught himself on and stopped.

Poor Mishkin..he was a decent minister,but i do love Ourumov.
    Gottfried John is awesome in this film,add class.

The whole cast is brilliant.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited July 2018 Posts: 45,489

Having worked for an airline for 30 years i pissed myself laughing in the cinema when i heard that

But you still stayed until the end?

Having worked for an airline for 30 years i pissed myself laughing in the cinema when i heard that

But you still stayed until the end?

Bog off you and get our tree ready for Xmas !!!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Never been a fan of the tank chase ....one thing i dont rate...great stunts though.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I think I will give you a plastic tree this year.
    I think I will give you a plastic tree this year.

Disgusting....i condemn you to a year of watching CR'67 on repeat,only with a packet of tissues and a jar of hand cream.
    Now, now. Christmas has nothing to do with a Pierce Brosnan Bond film ;)
    Now, now. Christmas has nothing to do with a Pierce Brosnan Bond film ;)

Hahahaha of course,never thought of that...bravo..!!

"Why cant you just be a good boy and die..."

Something i said under my breath in my younger days after seeing GE to various people.
    “You first. You...second! UPP!!”
    “You first. You...second! UPP!!”

Full of classic one-liners....this is pushing TB for 5th spot big time here..
    Another good push by GE for the #5 spot but TB just holds it off this time..close though...a tough 3 films linked in this mini battle between TB,GE,LTK.

Thats me done....ciao.
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 17,373
    Michael Kitchen IS Tanner .

Wonder if Kitchen could have been a great M if he hadn't already played Tanner.

tumblr_op854lpupN1re9nzlo2_r4_500.gif

I have never seen him bad in ANY role Torg.....such a waste not using him more or bringing him back for the Craig years.

I have never seen him bad in ANY role Torg.....such a waste not using him more or bringing him back for the Craig years.

Indeed, an incredible waste! Kitchen is among that group of actors who you can sit back after watching in any role, thinking: "that's good acting!" He was fantastic in Foyle's War. One of my favourite TV series.

Indeed, an incredible waste! Kitchen is in that group of actors who you can sit back after watching in any role, thinking: "that's good acting!" He was fantastic in Foyle's War. One of my favourite TV series.

He still looks good today and could easily have been Tanner in the Craig years or even maybe in the next 007's .

He brings class to it unlike Rory's boring pratt version.

Indeed, an incredible waste! Kitchen is in that group of actors who you can sit back after watching in any role, thinking: "that's good acting!" He was fantastic in Foyle's War. One of my favourite TV series.

He still looks good today and could easily have been Tanner in the Craig years or even maybe in the next 007's .

I just don't understand what they are trying to do with Tanner these days. Surely Rory Kinnear has range enough as an actor to make the character more interesting (he's won the Olivier Award for Best Actor!), but the way they write the part, only makes Tanner look like a total bore.

As for Kitchen, he looks almost the same age he did when he played Tanner the last time!

I just don't understand what they are trying to do with Tanner these days. Surely Rory Kinnear has range enough as an actor to make the character more interesting (he's won the Olivier Award for Best Actor!), but the way they write the part, only makes Tanner look like a total bore.

I have no idea...i wish i did...they might as well have kept Villiers from CR than bring back an important member like Tanner and make him a wet fart.
    And ,as you say,Rory has a much better range.

I have no idea...i wish i did...they might as well have kept Villiers from CR than bring back an important member like Tanner and make him a wet fart.

Yeah, wonder why they didn't keep the Villiers character?

Made a new thread old pal,have a look !

Made a new thread old pal,have a look !

I will!
    High priced, precise, and true...................

I've been singing that obnoxiously, and no one knows what it is.

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN

Watched this recently and watching it again.............this time on Blu ray.
    Gunbarrel!!!
    White dots this time.
    ...and we open on Maud Adams lounging about .

The real reason I'm in the mood for this again................Sir CHRISTOPHER LEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!