The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

and Into Miami!
    The infamous blue jumpsuit. Connery makes it work.
    Bond has fish and fruit for dinner.
    The Blu-ray is quite impressive.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    .........and the PTS fight sequence begins........................Bond tries to pull off Alf Joint's shoe.
    Sean's Bond certainly had a thing with shoes. He escaped a prison cell with shoes. He presented Q with one of Rosa Klebb's smelly old shoes. In TB he passed a shoe or three.
    QBranch wrote: »
    .........and the PTS fight sequence begins........................Bond tries to pull off Alf Joint's shoe.
    Sean's Bond certainly had a thing with shoes. He escaped a prison cell with shoes. He presented Q with one of Rosa Klebb's smelly old shoes. In TB he passed a shoe or three.

Not to mention in DAF there are a few close ups of his shoes.

Bond crashes the Aston Martin.
    Oddjob smiles.
    Fort Knox sequence. Winding down this viewing of GOLDFINGER.
    Although I had been watching some of the later Bonds recently, I must say they don't quite capture me the way these early Connery's do.
    The Fort Knox set remains one of my favorite Ken Adams masterpieces.
    Bond is getting creamed.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    QBranch wrote: »

Not to mention in DAF there are a few close ups of his shoes.

And the classic line-"Fetch my shoes!"
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    And the classic line-"Fetch my shoes!"
    Bond had Quarrel on the back foot.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Just started DAF.
    Bluray on my 55" t.v..

Did they recycle the same gunbarrels for each film or did they film each one individually
    Just started DAF.
    Bluray on my 55" t.v..

Did they recycle the same gunbarrels for each film or did they film each one individually

It was the same footage of Bob Simmons for the 1st three films. Then the footage of Sean filmed for TB (color), was used in YOLT (black and white) and DAF (bluish tint).
    Binder only re-shot the gunbarrel when the aspect ratio of the film would change or a new Bond actor was cast. Therefore, Roger had 2 gunbarrels: LALD and TMWTGG in the "flat" aspect ratio. Then his TSWLM "scope" gunbarrel footage was used for the rest of his era.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    That's what I thought but I didn't know if they filmed each gunbarrel for each film
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Is TMWTGG just skyfall? Or rather the other way around. Minus the thematic elements of old age.
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 15,907
    That's what I thought but I didn't know if they filmed each gunbarrel for each film

I think Binder tweaked the design itself from film to film. He uses a rippling effect on OHMSS and DAF. Also, the FRWL version seems more sepia tone in some transfers rather than straight black and white.
    The background on the second Roger gun-barrel seems to change hues as well. Sometimes it looks pinkish, sometimes yellowish, and in AVTAK seems pure white. That said, it could simply be in the DVD/video transfers. I've always maintained the opinion that the gunbarrel is one element most videos/DVD's and even Blu-rays don't quite capture accurately. When seen on a 35mm print, the blood is considerably richer and seems to have a thicker texture. Vibrant red. Not too bright not too dark, and that applies all all of the films up until GE.
    I actually have time for a Bond film ,the other 2 i put on the list earlier were over the last month !...its time for GE.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I actually have time for a Bond film ,the other 2 i put on the list earlier were over the last month !...its time for GE.

It's always time for GE.
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 19,339
    Remington wrote: »

It's always time for GE.

Been a while,one of my favourites ...BrosnanBond so suave on the Manticore.
    I've missed Bond,anytime i can spend with him in his adventures is time well spent !
    I need to watch FYEO as it is so low down my list but i keep putting it off....its quite a depressing film for me,even with Sir Roger in it.
    I dont know if any other members feel that way or just me.
    More than appropriate timing considering Mamma Mia 2.
    This is why i like Brosnan's film so much...all 4 are just fun romps.
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    More than appropriate timing considering Mamma Mia 2.

Oooh that wasnt the reason Bain !!!!
    Michael Kitchen IS Tanner .
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

The best. One thing the Brosnan era got right.

The best. One thing the Brosnan era got right.

Naughty Dr Thunderfinger.

"Dont touch that,thats my lunch"

"Another stiff assed Brit with your codes and your passwords"
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 11,189
    Ok I admit it. My favourite Bond film.
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    Ok I admit it. My favourite Bond film.

A worthy film Bain....easily...its #6 on my list,i just checked,below TB and above LTK.
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 11,189
    Nostalgia certainly plays a part in that and as a result certain oldies tend to sneer, but I think if people can be nostalgic about mid 80s Roger and Tanya Roberts then I can about GE.