The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

Fatima's demise is one of my favorite scenes. I think when Bond gets knocked of the bike, had it been Roger, we'd have gotten a great OOHHHRROOO.
    Felix jogging in black dress shoes and socks. My favorite scene in movie history.
    Bond's bathrobe looks like his hotel suite furniture in DR NO.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Fatima's demise is one of my favorite scenes. I think when Bond gets knocked of the bike, had it been Roger, we'd have gotten a great OOHHHRROOO.

I keep wondering what that onomatopoeticon references. Could someone post an example from Youtube?

I keep wondering what that onomatopoeticon references. Could someone post an example from Youtube?

The sound Roger makes in OP as he and Yo-Yo thug crash thru the window. The same sound clip is used again when May Day tangles him with the fishing pole, and when he hits his groin on the antenna. There's probably a few other instances.
    Got it. It s the way people spell it that made me confused.

It's kind of hard to spell.
    I love Bond's escape from Palmyra. I wonder if the brand of Bond's laser watch has ever been identified?
    Another great viewing of NSNA. My Bond double feature has hit the spot.
  • mattjoesmattjoes People's Republic of Matjoeguay

"Oww" is my preferred spelling. That sound has enhanced many a Bond-related funny YouTube video.
    mattjoes wrote: »

"Oww" is my preferred spelling. That sound has enhanced many a Bond-related funny YouTube video.

That I would have understood. OOORRHHOOO sounds like a bird in mating season.
    Controversial opinion: I prefer Algy over John Cleese's R or whatever he was called.

I also prefer him to Whishaw's Q actually. Of course he was nowhere near Desmond, but in only one brief scene, I think he makes a pretty good mark on the role.

Not too controversial. Cleese was terrible.
    Alex McKeown is a great actor (see him in Hitchcocks 'Frenzy') and that scene with Connery plays really well and is well written.
    I thought the Q scene in NSNA was rather daft.
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 19,339
    I thought the Q scene in NSNA was rather daft.

I cant stand it.
    Back in action again with.........

TOMORROW NEVER DIES

Gunbarrel....the music here has grown on me, but the logo itself, Pierce's walk and graphic are superb, IMO.

The cinematic print of this gunbarrel features much brighter blood than GE. The Blu-ray captures it beautifully.
    One thing about the Pierce era, all 4 of his PTS openings are top notch, IMO.

Pierce looks the business in that leather coat.
    Bond has a runny nose. I believe Pierce had the flu at the time.
    Pain face!!!!
    This rivals Sean's strangulation faces in FRWL and NSNA.
    Back seat driver.
    Title sequence...........other than TOMORROW NEVER LIES, I wonder what else they had put on the table for potential titles?
    Sheryl Crow was huge back in '97............but I still prefer the end theme.

Not bad, though.
    The FYEO section of TND.
    MICKEY G!!!!!!!! He looks good there. Good line delivery as well.
    Bond and the Professor.

He should have said "Let me try and enlarge your vocabulary"

On second thought that wouldn't have been very funny for this film.
    Cecilie Thompson may be my favorite Brosnan Bond girl, even though there really isn't a full on shot of her face here.

Actually Cigar Girl is my fave.
    My favorite Q scene with Pierce.
    I love the bright red blazer.
    In the 1980's, when the Garnder novels were released, the cover artwork in the States was quite simple, featuring a silhouetted 007 in the lower right corner. Some Fleming titles were re-issued with this art.
    In my opinion, Brosnan's Bond is THAT man brought to life.
    Elliot Carver is my favorite Brosnan era main villain.
    Roger once said that by AVTAK there weren't enough villains old enough to look like they could be knocked down by Bond.

These elderly gentlemen seem to have no problem giving Pierce quite a thrashing.