The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    The first hour is rather good, I agree. The film did feel good until Silva appeared which disrupted the whole thing afterwards.

That's the moment the film grinds to a halt for me
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    The first hour is rather good, I agree. The film did feel good until Silva appeared which disrupted the whole thing afterwards.
    Same.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Same.

The money is on the screen for the Mendes films though they are laboured and just devoid of fun for the most part, serious films with dodgy plotting and dodgy dialogue.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    SP is the only film I've ever fast forwarded...several times, normally during the London finale. I even view TWINE all the way to the end.
    Though the Rome car sequence looks good in SP
    At an astromical cost to film of £24m, I should hope it does!
  • Andi1996RueggAndi1996Ruegg Hello. It's me, Evelyn Tremble.
    I wonder if SF was "saved" by the DoP Deakins.
    He wasn't in SP and the film feels badly directed.
  • mattjoesmattjoes At my most trollish behavior
    I never fast forward. I even don't during QoS, at the risk of having an epileptic fit.

Yeah, me neither. Psychologically I just can't bring myself to do it. I'm more likely to quit watching than fast-forward. Same with books.
    edited January 2018 Posts: 23,883
    mattjoes wrote: »
    I never fast forward. I even don't during QoS, at the risk of having an epileptic fit.

Yeah, me neither. Psychologically I just can't bring myself to do it. I'm more likely to quit watching than fast-forward. Same with books.
    It's a good point and I should be clear: I fast forward through the abysmal (imho) title song and credits and then normally turn it off during the London finale. The rest I watch.
    I wonder if SF was "saved" by the DoP Deakins.
    He wasn't in SP and the film feels badly directed.
    Hoyte Van Hoytema is a reputed cinematographer who works with Nolan these days. He did a decent enough job on SP imho. The film has visual scale. The problems lie elsewhere. Most notably for me, I just find the performances completely flat, especially from the lead.
    Watching the plane chase not keen on the music during this sequence.
    @bondjames TWINE is low on my ranking though it's easier to watch than SP I agree, Craig is phoning it in during SP though I blame the director. Brosnan was at least amusing in TWINE and even daft scenes were entertaining in that film.
    I could never understand the DNA on the ring identifying all Spectre agents??
    edited January 2018 Posts: 23,858
    If Swan had more spirit and fire it may have given Craig more to play off in certain scenes, zzZz Seydoux whispers for the most part and is flat even when playing Swan drunk.
    Hahaha! Exactly! Well said! =))
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns I agree with you that Brosnan at least tries in TWINE. I give him an 'A' for effort although perhaps he tries to hard!

RE: Seydoux: she certainly tries too, but I just get the feeling she's not up to the job. The script doesn't do her any favours but a better actress would have improvised and given suggestions to try to salvage the situation. As an example, her intro scene at the clinic is just awful. No friendly proper introduction to Bond, nothing. Just swiveling round in her chair and reading from the psych questionnaire. I don't know what these guys were thinking.
    I seem to be completely knocking this film though it's so dour, it's definitely got worse over time.

Mendes does not know how to create emotional arcs in a film it's all one tone, Bardham did his own thing so was noticeable despite me not been keen on the character. Everyone in SP is one note and the same note.
    Hinx is the most lively character and he does not even speak!
    Forgot Hinx said....
    Bond pulls Swan yawn
    Nice Rolls... Now I thought the film should have ended at Blofelds lair.
    It should have!
    Destroy lair then Swan off into the Sunset. The London finale could be erased completely
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    It would've been a good opportunity to have an old fashioned good guy army vs bad guy army battle like the old films.
    Blofeld, Bond and Blofeld, Swan past relationships are really forced
    Remington wrote: »
    It would've been a good opportunity to have an old fashioned good guy army vs bad guy army battle like the old films.

Agree M has a confrontation with C tracks Blofelds feed and sends in the troops to assist Bond.
    edited January 2018 Posts: 23,858
    Blofelds lair in SP has the same design flaws as Dominic Greene's lair
    Swan saying goodbye to Bond in London makes no sense, has Swan not paid attention to what's been happening. It's a blatant device for the writer to put Swan where they want her
    The old MI6 building scene is stupid, did Blofeld really go to the trouble of sticking up these photos :))
  • Andi1996RueggAndi1996Ruegg Hello. It's me, Evelyn Tremble.
    44 minutes into Thunderball (third viewing) and I love it more and more.
    Connery ish fabuloush.
    He strikesh like thunderball. ;)
    SP ran out of budget they could not give C a Hans Gruber slow mo death
    44 minutes into Thunderball (third viewing) and I love it more and more.
    Connery ish fabuloush.

Great movie in my top 3