The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

First civilized bath.

What a classic scene! I remember the poster artwork with this scene.
    Ah ......Helga........ Karin Dor :(

What a beauty.
    I can remember as a kid showing a buddy of mine YOLT, and later we were talking about all the cute girls in our school. He asked which ones I liked and I said, "actually, my type is the woman that slaps Sean in YOLT."
    Just a drop in the ocean.
    Kobe docks.............another favorite scene thanks to John Barry.

Osato Teru Shimada was great as Bogart's buddy in TOKYO JOE (949).

Bond puts the moves on Helga and it works.
    Helga skydiving. It's a pity we never saw Sean parachute in any of his films. Of course he does in GF but off screen.

Q!
    Wearing his favorite shorts.
    I should update my summer wardrobe for next year and find some shirts like Sean wears in the Little Nellie scene.
  • edited November 2017 Posts: 15,818
    The effects in the Little Nellie scene really do hold up. Back projection of Bond in front of the mountains towards the end looks pretty good.

In fact the model work of the rockets in space look pretty decent as well.
    The pacing on YOLT is superb and the film is a great length.

Bond becomes Japanese........more than half way through and I feel I've only been watching this for 10 minutes.

Sean looks goofy in the wig and make up.

As old as Jack Pierce was in 1967, it's too bad he couldn't have done Sean's make up for these scenes.
    Bond and Kissy make their way to the volcano. Happy birthday, Mie!!!!

One of the greatest sets in film history, IMO.
    Bond just happens to have suction cups, and a gray hood under his shirt. I dig Bond's turtleneck, though. I always like scenes where Bond is sneaking into the villain's base and the color of his clothes match the environment.
    James Bond- Astronaut?

Great stuff here.
    Perhaps this comment is more appropriate for the controversial opinion thread but here goes:

Donald Pleasence's reveal as Blofeld is so iconic, it really does make Christoph Waltz's reveal look like complete crap.

Sure he's not Fleming's Blofeld, but Lugosi wasn't exactly Stoker's Dracula and to this day it's Bela Lugosi's image that's most identified with that role. I put Pleasence as Blofeld in the same category.
    Great screening of YOLT! Good fun and it's been quite some time since I last watched this all the way through.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    Getting late in the night - so have popped one of my favourite Moore's in - FYEO.
    I like the music after the gun barrel. The faint chords of the title theme mix nicely with the echoing Bond theme.
    I'll just get it out of the way now - A Barry theme would transform **insert scene here**
    Maybe this should go on 'controversial opinions' thread - but I've never been a fan of Sheena Easton's FYEO. Does little for me as a Bond theme.
    Two of my favourite scenes back to back. The sinking of the St Georges and the assassination of the Havelocks. Both really show the stakes of the story - random brutal death is around the corner and can strike anytime. The second scene really does such heavy lifting for the Melina character. Well constructed scenes and very tense.
    Gonzalez' party looks like it is going on very early in the morning.
    Maybe this should go on 'controversial opinions' thread - but I've never been a fan of Sheena Easton's FYEO. Does little for me as a Bond theme.

Agreed ,i don't like it at all.
    Lotus exploding after having its window smashed seems like a dangerous hazard.
    I hope you have a car ?
    I find I'm engaged in the storyline of FYEO as it progresses. The scenery in Cortina is stunning. I like Kristatos' opening scene. I know he's not much of a presence in the great gallery of bond villains but I think Glover plays him well. Understated in his introduction.
    edited November 2017 Posts: 2,721
    Tywen Lannister in the house.
    Props to the motorcyclists in the ski chase. That's some impressive stunt work. That bobsled chase is especially ballsy
    While the hockey scene is pointless (even if Bond scores some points in the net) I don't mind the killing of Ferrara. Particularly with the framing of the dove.
    I like Bond's outfit when he boards Columbo's ship.
    There are a couple of good Roger touches, the brief flash of anger when he sees the countess run over and his delivery of the line 'I'll wait til tomorrow' when Columbo offers bond a drink.
    There's something old school Fleming about the dawn raid on the warehouse.
    I have always loved the track 'Submarine'