MI6 Community Statistics: Was delaying NTTD the right decision?

Comments

• BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I'm just thankful that there are at least three people on here older than me. I love knowing that we have access to so many Bond lovers who were around before the beginning. I was very young for those original Connery's, born in the month of DN's release, but starting with GF (a rerelease with DN, so probably early '65) my mother took me (except for OHMSS) to them all until I was old enough to go alone. I love to hear the perspective of those that were a little bit older and aware. My memories of seeing the ones pre-DAF are vivid, but completely out of context and disjointed.

I often think about that. It's nice that we have people who have been there since the beginning.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Voted but I'm not fussed about revealing my age; 31.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Results so far;
    Screenshot%202016-08-27%20at%201.45.41%20AM%20-%20Edited_zpsbdk7arwz.png
  • Well, I just brought the percentage of "56 and above" up to 10%. Anyone with an appreciation for those of us who have "been here since the beginning" (thanks, @BMW!) is encouraged to check out the "SirHenry's Originals" thread. You don't have to be a moldy fig to participate (just have a taste for them!)
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I'm 53. I would think a Bond group would have an older average age.
    Its a bit of a shock to see my age group is the lowest on here,even if i just make it in at 46.
    hahaha so it is...im showing my age (pardon the pun)...
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I hope that as many members as possible vote in this poll as I think it is a very interesting idea.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Voted 26-35 (30).
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited August 2016 Posts: 10,588
    It's interesting to think that we as members represent the entirety of the Bond fandom. It's good to know that after all these years, the world of Bond still appeals to a large range of ages.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    jake24 wrote: »
    It's interesting to think that we as members represent the entirety of the Bond fandom. It's good to know that after all these years, the world of Bond still appeals to a large range of ages.

Yes, agreed and all ages are very welcome here of course. It helps to make our community a real "parliament of opinion".
  • edited August 2016 Posts: 3,564
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »

Yes, agreed and all ages are very welcome here of course. It helps to make our community a real "parliament of opinion".

Agreed all around. One point though: I wonder if some age groups tend to respond to polls of this sort more than do some other age groups? I'd suspect that some older Bond fans may not even be aware of online forums such as this. Younger fans may just be more likely to find this forum than older fuddy-duddies such as yours truly.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Again, I have to say that I'm quite surprised at the results at this point.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Ok, one more vote. Interesting poll...
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    Voted. I enjoy my last year before I reach the critical bar (30)
    Voted. Am I the only one who considers his age like this: "I'm 33 so I'm FRWL Connery years old."

Or am I just a damn weirdo? ;)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited August 2016 Posts: 28,694
    @Master_Dahark, and unlike Sean at the time, you've still got a great head of hair! If that's not a win-win, I have no idea what is. :-bd
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Just voted so the oldies have one more
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    My first Bond experience was a LALD/TMWTGG double feature in 1977 - when I was 12. I have been a fan ever since and just added myself to the 46-55 group.
    I'm still years younger than Roger was when he started......and Pierce (just). I think I could still pass for Sean's age circa FRWL, but in actuality, 33 seems a long time ago.
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    I note with interest I am a member of the minority. As a minority I claim all privileges in accordance with Article 1 of the United Nations Minorities Declaration.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    TFOG treaty for old gits join the club.
    Voted. Am I the only one who considers his age like this: "I'm 33 so I'm FRWL Connery years old."

Or am I just a damn weirdo? ;)

I do that all the time in fact did it the other day :)) I am currently Sean Connery In DAF.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I am, of course, PIERCE BROSNAN in GOLDENEYE

I wouldn't go for anything less than the best, ha!
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    As a "younger" bond fan, I have to be jealous of the older guys. You had the chance to watch so many bond movies in cinema when they were released. I' m looking for a time machine to travel back to the premiere of the older movies...My first bond movie in cinema was TWINE...
    Octopussy was my first cinema Bond experience, I have watched every Bond film since on the big screen. Bond and Star Wars I never miss on the big screen.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Birdleson wrote: »
    zebrafish wrote: »
    My first Bond experience was a LALD/TMWTGG double feature in 1977 - when I was 12. I have been a fan ever since and just added myself to the 46-55 group.

That was such a great time to be a Bond fan. I have five years on you, but you must have had that '77 TSWLM experience. Did the theatre explode at the climax of the PTS? Mine did and I'll never forget my moment. My first was a GF/DN double-feature when I was three.

I realize that I am as old as Roger Moore in Moonraker now. Anyway, @Birdleson, I spent the summer of '77 getting worked up for TSWLM and collected all articles related to that film that I could get my hands on. Then in the theatre, the audience laughed when the chute opened (we were in Germany), but what really got them cheering was when the Lotus first drove off the ship. It had featured prominently in PR leading up to the film and film snippets of it turning into a sub were everywhere on TV, so everyone was looking forward to it.