The World Is Not A Nut - Fan Trailer 2016

edited August 2016 in Fan Creations Posts: 1,296
Friends I do not care for this particular Bond film, in fact if you made me rank them I would probably put it dead last. So anyways I was pumping away on the organ pedal this morning and eating peanut butter and a thought knocked me over, why not try to make one of myl east favourtei Bond movies look good? ... So here it is. :)

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited August 2016 Posts: 10,586
    That was actually a great montage.
    Thank you. :) I hope my preamble didn't scare you
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    @IGUANNA. I don't know what to say... But, this is by far the best James Bond trailer I have seen in years. :-O

It actually makes the film very intellectually quality-laiden spy thriller. That's how TWINE should have been, in this exact same tone.

@bondjames, please check this out.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    @IGUANNA. I don't know what to say... But, this is by far the best James Bond trailer I have seen in years. :-O

It actually makes the film very intellectually quality-laiden spy thriller. That's how TWINE should have been, in this exact same tone.

@bondjames, please check this out.
    Fully agreed. I've watched it 4 times already.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    You're a strange, mysterious, and wonderfully talented person @IGUANNA.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop North Yorkshire
    Nice one, if only the actual film was as intense as that trailer. After watching the November man I wished brozzers bond had been more like that! well done @iguanna
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    I think you did the impossible- I actually want to go and watch TWINE.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Good job. This could have fooled me.
    That reminds me how much I resent that Brosnan tried to act when he played Bond. His physical movements are impressive, but his facial expressions can be hard to bear. It´s a shame because he can do differently. Just last night there was some rom com on tv where Brosnan acted with the same light-heartedness he used for Remington Steele. How wonderful it would have been if he had kept that for Bond!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Damn, now I'm itching to watch TWINE. Didn't you also do a version of LTK if it was a romantic comedy? That was nicely edited, too.
    There are some very sweet comments in this thread and it really made ym day. :) Thank you so much.
    Sterling work TWINE is often at the bottom of my list, that trailer actually made the film look good.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Wow, great trailer! Very powerful and emotional, like the film should have been. The editing in this trailer is fantastic, you are very talented @IGUANNA. :)
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    IGUANNA wrote:
    Friends I do not care for this particular Bond film, in fact if you made me rank them I would probably put it dead last.
    You're a man after my own heart.

Thanks for alerting me to this thread & your video. I noticed it on the front page earlier today but didn't bother to click on it because the title suggested it was a discussion of this film which I detest.

@ClarkDevlin, I agree. The quality of the trailer is superb. @IGUANNA has done a wonderful job, and makes these well known scenes less tedious to get through. There's a suspenseful flavour to the whole thing that I wish the actual film had. Well done.

I also love the Goldfinger bit at the end with the avatar.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    IGUANNA wrote:
    Friends I do not care for this particular Bond film, in fact if you made me rank them I would probably put it dead last. So anyways I was pumping away on the organ pedal this morning and eating peanut butter and a thought knocked me over, why not try to make one of myl east favourtei Bond movies look good? ... So here it is. :)

Great job Iguanna! Really enjoyed watching that. It's amazing how much better that film is without dialogue (and Denise Richards) Really good edit though. Bravo!
  • edited August 2016 Posts: 1,296
    Thank you to all of my friends for their kind comments on the video, after being locked in the dark for so many years is wonderful to know that you like my work. :) Maybe I will even make another one.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    @IGUANNA I certainly hope you make another! I especially like your choice of music in this latest one. For a while, I've thought "How Far Would You Go" by Aurea would be great for a Bond trailer or title sequence, but I lack the skills and software to try it myself. Perhaps you'll find a use for this song?

• GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Though I quite like TWINE, I'd love to see your version @IGUANNA
    Wow, I would definitely watch this version of TWINE. I didn't even notice Renard and Christmas Jones were absent the first time I watched. My fav bit was Bond falling onto the Millennium Dome, then cut to the blood red dress and wine bucket spilled on the floor. Seemed very violent and dangerous, especially compared to the original film, which feels so toothless.
    @royale65 I want us to be friends so please check out my TWINE video. :)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    "I'll give you a nut," said Sir Timothy Havelock.
    Max and Columbo had a lot in common.
    Pistachios! Pistachios!

But, at least neither of them smuggled heroin.
    Although Max had a thing going for crack. I think I read that somewhere.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    IGUANNA wrote: »

You made a very good movie into a virtual masterpiece. My heartiest congratulations!

*How could I stay angry with a chap who has a Venusaur as his avatar?

I was his supplier in the 80s. I think he's still serving his sentence in San Quentin.
    Dragonpol wrote: »

I was his supplier in the 80s. I think he's still serving his sentence in San Quentin.
    Do they allow the captives to get access to the internet there?
    edited September 2016 Posts: 17,728
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Do they allow the captives to get access to the internet there?

Oh yes! All mod cons!
    royale65 wrote: »
    IGUANNA wrote: »

You made a very good movie into a virtual masterpiece. My heartiest congratulations!

*How could I stay angry with a chap who has a Venusaur as his avatar?
    Thanks a lot! :) It's so good to be back on good terms with you again.
    Digging out an old classic for new members.