Which actor would make a good Bond villain?

Comments

LucknFate wrote: »
    Silvermoth wrote: »
    Oh wait actually I think he’s in the middle of a #metoo thing. Maybe not the right time

Sounds villainous.

What, Brad Pitt? What's he done?
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    How about Pedro Pascal?
    He's been a villain in Wonder Woman 1984, but that was pretty weak. As an actor he's much better and could play a stronger villain, worthy of a Bond adversary.
    Benny wrote: »
    How about Pedro Pascal?
    He's been a villain in Wonder Woman 1984, but that was pretty weak. As an actor he's much better and could play a stronger villain, worthy of a Bond adversary.

I could see him play a Bond villain easily. He's not too famous either now. Oberyn Martell is, but him not so much.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I was thinking the Mandolorian or The Last Of Us, as being too famous. But for many I suppose he's not really better known than Rami Malek or Javier Bardem.
  • Benny wrote: »
    I was thinking the Mandolorian or The Last Of Us, as being too famous. But for many I suppose he's not really better known than Rami Malek or Javier Bardem.

I think actors that have already gotten recognition, tend to give more boring performances. Either because of laziness or just because the audience is too familiar with them to truly be captivated.
    I still think his characters are more famous than he is. Or the series/films he's in. Not exactly like David Prowse, but still.
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    How about Pedro Pascal?

An excellent choice. Would love to revisit south america though I'm not suggesting we have to just because of an actor's ethnicity. But it would be fun. And I mean further south than Cuba this time.
    Could Pedro Pascal play a Paco Scaramanga kind of villain, as per the book? He might not look brutish enough though.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    edited February 2023 Posts: 4,312
    I prefer it when producers and director spot European talent for the villain, as in Mads Mikkelsen, rather than going for the established "stars".
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    zebrafish wrote: »
    I prefer it when producers and director spot European talent for the villain, as in Mads Mikkelsen, rather than going for the established "stars".

Completely agree mate
    Jordo007 wrote: »

Completely agree mate

I agree as well. I'd rather have a relatively obscure veteran actor from Europe.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    edited February 2023 Posts: 2,509
    Having unknowns in larger roles immerses me in the film more, I'd never seen Mads before, so when I looked at him I saw Le Chiffre.

When I saw Waltz as Blofeld, I just saw Waltz. Because I know of him and like him in other films, I know what to expect. Whereas had the casting of Blofeld been a lesser known actor, he could have brought more mystery to the performance, which is what Spectre and NTTD were crying out for
    I hope it's something they bring back for Bond 26. They had famous actresses for Bond girls during the Brosnan era (after GE), which I never liked. They brought mostly lesser known actresses during the Craig era, so I remain hopeful.
  • Jordo007 wrote: »
    Having unknowns in larger roles immerses me in the film more, I'd never seen Mads before, so when I looked at him I saw Le Chiffre.

When I saw Waltz as Blofeld, I just saw Waltz. Because I know of him and like him in other films, I know what to expect. Whereas had the casting of Blofeld been a lesser known actor, he could have brought more mystery to the performance, which is what Spectre and NTTD were crying out for

This
    I wanted Brendan Gleeson to play a Bond villain, but at 67 he's getting on in years and he might be too famous for my tastes now.
  • edited February 2023 Posts: 784
    Brendan Gleeson as Q.
  • edited February 2023 Posts: 14,816
    Brendan Gleeson as Q.

I'd like them to keep Ben Whishaw. Besides Gleeson can have a truly nasty face. Shame it'll probably never belong to a Bond villain.
  • quantumspectrequantumspectre argentina
    edited February 2023 Posts: 61
    bradley cooper as a bad guy, will be interesting, he played drama in alot of movies, he has range.
    bradley cooper as a bad guy, will be interesting, he played drama in alot of movies, he has range.

He was such a good bad guy in Wedding Crashers that I had a hard time accepting him as a good guy afterward.
  • zebrafish wrote: »

Completely agree. Apparently Danny Boyle wanted Tomasz Kot, known for Cold War, in his Bond. I guess he would still be a great choice for a Bond villain.

download-25.jpeg
  • edited February 2023 Posts: 14,816

Completely agree. Apparently Danny Boyle wanted Tomasz Kot, known for Cold War, in his Bond. I guess he would still be a great choice for a Bond villain.

download-25.jpeg

The one thing I was enthusiastic about Boyle directing a Bond movie: his casting choice for the villain. Tomasz Kot would be the right age too, especially now with a new, younger Bond.

(On a side note, I just found out that we share the same birthday. Hes exactly the same age as me.)
    Lucian Msamati would be great too, he was amazing as Salieri. He's also not too famous and at 46 the right age.
    Last time I suggested Christoph Waltz
    So Alan Ritchson as the henchman ,Cate Blanchett as the first female villan or l as the new Mr Big Jamie Foxx
    renno61 wrote: »
    Last time I suggested Christoph Waltz
    So Alan Ritchson as the henchman ,Cate Blanchett as the first female villan or l as the new Mr Big Jamie Foxx

I'd rather have someone bulkier and not American. How about Omar Sy? He's got the right physique (or at least closer than Foxx), the right age, he speaks French and he's less famous, yet still a veteran actor. My only reservation is that he looks too much like a nice guy.

Otherwise there's a couple of Québec actors of Haitian origins that might do nicely too.
  • Ludovico wrote: »
    Lucian Msamati would be great too, he was amazing as Salieri. He's also not too famous and at 46 the right age.

Msamati would be a fantastic choice.

I really like the idea of Alexander Skarsgård as a Bond villain after watching the most recent season of Succession. I think he could be a very charismatic villain that’s fun to watch but also thoroughly loathable.
    Watching Mission: Impossible - Fallout last night, I imagine Kristoffer Joner could play an unhinged, Dominic Greene type of villain.

626166f37762e_thumbnail.jpg?version=1650550517
    Ludovico wrote: »

Msamati would be a fantastic choice.

I really like the idea of Alexander Skarsgård as a Bond villain after watching the most recent season of Succession. I think he could be a very charismatic villain that’s fun to watch but also thoroughly loathable.

I'm surprised one of the Skarsgards hasn't played in a Bond movie yet.
  • TheSkyfallen06TheSkyfallen06 Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    Not sure if it has been said before, but what about Anthony Starr?