Last TV Show You Watched?

Comments

Cynthia Nixon is in Tromso , Norway now.....not every day a "big" star goes there
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @RogueAgent, just saw your post, glad you loved El Camino! It really is a fabulous send-off and had no business being as fantastic as it was.
    Hit&Run and before it, Fauda.
    Just finished Jack Ryan on prime video.An excellent thriller series with feature film quality production values.
    Happy Valley.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    AstonLotus wrote: »
    Just finished Jack Ryan on prime video.An excellent thriller series with feature film quality production values.

That's definitely a personal favorite of mine. Seasons 1 and 4 were 🔥
  • edited October 2023 Posts: 1,639
    45 anniversary : Mork & Mindy , Taxi.....both Robin Williams and Andy Kaufman became legends thru these
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Binged all three seasons of True Detective..

Season 1 is hands down one of the best tv shows/seasons ever.

Season 2 was sort of a letdown with too much going on and too many characters/subplots and I really hated the ending. I did like Farrell and Vaughn in their respective roles.

Season 3 was a back to basics refresher. Not as good as Season 1 but miles better than Season 2. However, there were way too many time jumps within the episodes.

Looking forward to Season 4 in January
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    Looks good? Very R for a Marvel project:
    LucknFate wrote: »
    Looks good? Very R for a Marvel project:

Gotta say, I do love the Kingpin!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Even if it looks good, I'm tired. I'm still half a dozen of SW/Marvel series behind, and they keep piling these up. It's no fun anymore. It's homework.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Even if it looks good, I'm tired. I'm still half a dozen of SW/Marvel series behind, and they keep piling these up. It's no fun anymore. It's homework.

:)) Imagine if they did a Bond verse?!!!! 8-}
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    According to reports RDJ is returning as Iron man in the MCU as they are losing so many viewers with there 'nothing happen's' TV shows and naff recent movies.
    RogueAgent wrote: »

:)) Imagine if they did a Bond verse?!!!! 8-}

Just imagine. :-D I might find the energy to keep up with that. ;-)

But seriously, another Marvel series is not about "ooh, I'm going to learn so much more about these characters" anymore, but rather "great! now I have to clear my schedule even more!" It's too much. ;-)
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    According to reports RDJ is returning as Iron man in the MCU as they are losing so many viewers with there 'nothing happen's' TV shows and naff recent movies.

They’re better off recasting these parts than bringing back the actors.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I've been way behind and have recently binged all of The Boys (top notch in all respects); Gen V, the spin-off from The Boys (interesting, well written, but the cast sometimes doesn't sell the rather deep material in the script, and; Preacher, which is just awesome.

If this is true, then it shows exactly how desperate they are. They're at number 30-something. Let it be. Time to change the direction.

With some luck, the new DC material will show Marvel who's boss. :-D (Just kidding; this isn't a fight.)
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

If this is true, then it shows exactly how desperate they are. They're at number 30-something. Let it be. Time to change the direction.

With some luck, the new DC material will show Marvel who's boss. :-D (Just kidding; this isn't a fight.)

I agree I am DC 100%, I don't mind Marvel and they have made some good content though always seen DC as more adult, darker and far more complex and interesting.

Marvel have a lot of issues right now they seem driven to keep shooting themselves in the foot and don't seem to want to make money.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    2023:

The Good Doctor Season 5 (2021) 7/10
    Hamilton - Season 2 (2020) 7.5/10
    The Equalizer - Season 1 (2021) 7/10
    Cast ''Dutch'' (2023) 7.5/10
    Leopard Skin (2022) 7/10
    The Good Doctor - Season 6 (2022) 8/10

What i watched on this moment:
    S.W.A.T. - Episode 5.19 be last episode i watched in February 2023. Soon wil contuned with other episodes and Season 6. Last weak there finaly repeat episode 5.20.
    The Equalizer - Season 2.

Wil start soon with Season 5 of The Handmaid's Tale. And waiting on CSI Vegas Season 2.
    I'm about halfway through "The Man in the High Castle."

Fantastic show.
    JOOLS' ANNUAL HOOTENANNY
    Should have posted this the day after but Jools Hollands New Years Eve show is a must for me this past few years, and this years was one of the best ones. Great artists like PP Arnold, Raye, Paul Jones, Joss Stone and headliner Rod Stewart were all terrific, and of course Jools himself and his Orchestra, and the show was nearly stolen by Irish girl Muireann Bradley, with just a guitar and her voice, with her version of 'Candyman'! The only downside was other Irish group The Mary Wallopers, who came across as a bit of a spoof, but they did provide a tribute to the late Shane MacGowan with a version of 'Streams of Whiskey'
    All in all, a great show to end 2023!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    The Last Kingdom
    The-Last-Kingdom.jpg?w=1000&h=563&crop=1
    I only discovered this show a few days ago, and have become addicted to it, I am already on the 4th series. The battle sequences are brutal.
  • edited January 11 Posts: 2,065
    DELETE
    True Detective- Night Country.
    Episode 1, much anticipated, solid reviews. But having watched it, I am not sure it's going to match in any way, the superb first series! Great to see Jodie Foster in Clarice Starling mode, and some striking scenes, but it hasn't gripped me as much as it should! Note to Bond fans, it has one of QOS editors, and one of Billie Eilish songs opens it, ( but it does also use the excellent 'The Unthanks', who I love!) I will stick with it ( only 6 episodes!)
    Suburra: Blood on Rome.
    I took advantage of the fact that my computer is at the repair shop for the foreseeable future to catch on my DVD viewing. So, in additon to the first Count Yorga movie, I watched the second and third season of the documentary series La Guerre des Trônes, covering the period of the Wars of Religions in France to the reigns of Henry the Fourth and Louis the Thirteenth, and the animated version of the Doctor Who serial "The Underwater Menace". Joseph Fürst really hammed it up in this serial. That, plus a few episodes of Mira, Royal Detective on Disney +. Don't judge, sometimes, I need a bit of childish entertainment.
    Wrapped up Season Two of Your Honor. Bryan Cranston superb. Second season not as engaging and perhaps going in too many directions. Despite being told over and over the Baxter daughter was 17, I never bought it for a second. Even the writers didn't believe it by giving her too much of an adult sensibility and dialogue. Finale seemed to have written by someone who hadn't seen the rest of the series.
    Seriously? After all the baby drama, she passes the kid off? And who just walks back into prison after being dropped off at the back gate and strolls in uncuffed and unaccompanied?
    RUNAROUND! (1980)
    This takes me back. Talking pictures are showing repeats of this kids quiz show on Saturday mornings! Presented(!) by Mike "Pat,Pat,Pat,Pat,Pat!" Reid, its a chaotic show, with unusual guests, music stars, and a gaggle of kids being confused by Reids' cackling, cackhanded reading of the questions! Good clean fun!
    Well I'm watching Ludik at the moment and Ripley as well.
  • Lisls_NightieLisls_Nightie North West, UK
    Big horror fan, so I've just finished the first half of Chucky season 3. Daft, fun, but I do enjoy it.