The Next American President Thread (2016)

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Go for it, Brady! Be the best Lee Harvey Os - I mean, peaceful protester you can be.

Screw this, I'm going to bed now. ;-) It's getting late and I'm getting in my usual homicidal mode. :D
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @DarthDimi, what you're saying is that I should listen to Donald and exercise my 2nd Amendment rights? It'd be such a waste, though. I enjoy watching him light himself up daily. After this, his reputation will be shot, and for a man driven by ego, there is no greater torment.
    Latest from WSJ/NBC polls in battleground states indicate that Hillary could be running the table:

North Carolina Hill +9
    Florida Hill +5
    Virginia Hill +13
    Colorado Hill +14

The resident juvenile says Iowa and Utah are equally important.

No. No they don't.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited August 2016 Posts: 12,459
    Trump and Assange ~ oh plus Russia. What a partnership...

speaking now in Pennsylvania (sorry he's there, @0Brady) -
    DarthDimi wrote: »

Well, I guess the Pennsylvanians will just have to decide how much pumping is needed. ;-)

That socks.
    ;)
    Trump basically saying if he does not win, it means there has been voter fraud.
    He has implied this for the main election and also now for Pennsylvania, where he has talked today.

Trump always get positive encouragement from Fox News - you may have noticed they are spread quite dire health rumors about Hillary. Stroke, mini seizures, black-outs, saying she is not speaking much because of health reasons, etc.

• edited August 2016 Posts: 11,119
    You know, I was reading this article and in it the embedded video's, and my stomach turns a bit. I understand that today's media is far from perfect. Journalism isn't what it used to be. But hey, is Trump not creating this huge media backlash by himself? Controversy after controversy. It frightens me, and it brings the worst aspects of humankind to the surface. And, looking at that tweet from Donald Trump in that article.......he can attract masses of people yes. But the rallies of people surely don't remind me of the people that Obama drummed up. These Trump rallies.......frighten me. They remind me of events that scare me :-(:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/08/12/trump_rally-goer_to_cnn_reporter_i_am_a_patriot_and_you_are_a_traitor.html
    I currently cannot edit to add comment - so please just read the comments under the above post about voter fraud; the comments under the first link point out that unlike previous elections, this monitoring of voter fraud that Trump is pushing his supporters to do may be more out of control, more dangerous than in previous monitoring.
    Regarding the wild speculation about Hillary's health and Fox news/Hannity pushing this as an urgent problem that is being kept secret. This link specifically talks about a video that is circulating, refuted by a person who was there.

Personally, I find this despicable, along with Carl Paladino - he is pushing as far and wide as possible any and all conspiracy theories about Hillary, slandering Mr. Khan, and flat out lies about ISIS and Hillary's health - all of that.

So Mr. Paladino seems to be the leading attack dog, with Hannity masquerading as "official news" person touting all of this crap. It is disgusting.

Disagree with a person's politics, issues, policies, etc. Look at their record. Investigate to get facts; on all candidates I mean. But this kind of crap is totally unacceptable.
    I currently cannot edit to add comment - so please just read the comments under the above post about voter fraud; the comments under the first link point out that unlike previous elections, this monitoring of voter fraud that Trump is pushing his supporters to do may be more out of control, more dangerous than in previous monitoring.

I have made some comparisons with George Wallace in some previous posts. But especially now such comparisons are entirely valid. Trump's rallies remind me a lot of George Wallace's crowds. They both were agressive, full of anger and hate, screaming perverse stuff, bordering racism. They both 'loved' the flat-out lies being brought by Trump as easy-to-swallow slogans. They both love the agression-filled-inuendo, from 'Put Hillary in front of a firing squad!' to 'Obama founded ISIS!'. People who wave off such remarks as 'don't take them serious, Trump doesn't really mean it', still forget that they facilitate hate.

The one difference between Wallace's rallies and those of Trump this time around is that the crowds are not only limited to the states that Wallace carried in 1968: Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Georgia and Louisiana. No, Trump's crowds are bigger than those of George Wallace. They are taking place country-wide, from North to South, West to East. And the scary thing is that it's bordering neo-fascism at times.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/03/trump-rallies-parallel-68-wallace-rallies.html
    14-donald-trump-george-wallace.w1200.h630.1x.jpg
    Other people have been comparing Trump to Wallace for some time, yes.
    I have not read this yet, but with the premise alone I thought I'd share this.
    Of psychopaths and presidential candidates ~

I like Skeptoid. It debunks conspiracy theories right and left. Snopes is fine, too.
    Anyway, you can search the site for "Clinton" or "Obama" and come up with plenty to read about. Tons of other topics too. So just for those of you who may be interested in having a look around this website (pro science, pro facts, rationally tackles many urban myths, conspiracies, etc.) here is the link to Sleptoid:
    https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4525
    I compare Trump to Mussolini, personally.
    I like Skeptoid. It debunks conspiracy theories right and left. Snopes is fine, too.
    Anyway, you can search the site for "Clinton" or "Obama" and come up with plenty to read about. Tons of other topics too. So just for those of you who may be interested in having a look around this website (pro science, pro facts, rationally tackles many urban myths, conspiracies, etc.) here is the link to Sleptoid:
    https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4525

Conspiracy theories are usually read by those people who gave up hope in unbiased journalism. The problem with those people is that they themselves are way more biased and interpret conspiracy theories much fierces along their party affiliation. Thus those conspiracy believers usually are way more biased. And, quite logically, you will find such supporters way more within supporters of populists.......and especially Trump. They tend to be less educated, because they 'think' they can educate themselves so well. That's why I am always wary of people bragging about conspiracy theories. I find them on many occasions quite dangerous.

Therefore I prefer to support unbiased journalism and media. And one of my biggest heroes therefore is Carl Bernstein. So in all honesty, I do get sceptical of all these 'new' websites about debunking news or facts or conspiracy theories. Read newspapers and media outlets first and foremost, from both sides and both party lines. That's what I do, the old-fashioned way.
    As the polls continue to expose Trump's weak candidacy, the RNC is getting hammered by the states' GOP leaders for financial help. The Dems are leading in North Carolina's gov. race and that will send shock waves throughout other states. Trump's 'online campaign only' doesn't work on the state/local level. You have to have infrastructure and' boots on the ground. Trump doesn't want to do that, he prefers the 'American Idol strategy' of trying to control today's news cycle. That won;t convince the independents or undecideds.

The latest attempt to control him is to have Preibus introduce Trump at rallies(Looks like Fatso Christie was too much of a BIG DRAG.). They are targeting Pennsylvania, but staying away from the Philadelphia suburbs which they must win to carry the state. They continue to want to lose.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    You don t need a new president, you need a new system.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    I fear what might happen after Clinton wins in November.

The anger in this country, among white males, is very real and can turn ugly and violent quite quickly.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/08/12/donald-trump-supporter-flips-bird-reporters.cnn
    It s just the old divide and conquer tactics. A fractured society is easier to control.
    TripAces wrote: »

The anger in this country, among white males, is very real and can turn ugly and violent quite quickly.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/08/12/donald-trump-supporter-flips-bird-reporters.cnn

Yeah, and how could that happen. Perhaps my post about George Wallace on this page sheds some light on all this.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    TripAces wrote: »

Yeah, and how could that happen. Perhaps my post about George Wallace on this page sheds some light on all this.

Indeed.

• I've been aware of Bev Harris' work since the first term in the presidency of Bush the Lesser. Fascinating, disturbing stuff. Also disturbing: the content of the second commentator shown: "Shoot the traitors!" -- by which he means, anyone guilty of voting machine tampering. It seems the "kill 'em all!" mentality is kinda widespread. Heck, our 007 has a license to kill, let's start handing out said licenses a little more avidly. Radical times call for radical solutions, don't they?
    There s so much hate going on, not very helpful.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited August 2016 Posts: 23,883
    I just read all the links. It's quite tragic that this is even possible, but not surprising.
    You don t need a new president, you need a new system.
    Apparently. What a shambles.
    I read the old fashioned way, too, GG. :) Skeptoid has been around for several years, just so you know.
    @Fleiter - "American Idol strategy" bingo. Spot on with that.

We do need a new system, @Thunderfinger.

Also just to say the hate is nothing new. Obama has had to put up with more death threats than any other president, I feel sure. I still worry about Obama and Clinton (the hate is off the wall for both of them). But I don't want to live in constant state of anxiety. It is what it is. Sad to say. Maybe good this is getting exposed - all the bigotry, ignorance, and hate ... but still sad.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm

We do need a new system, @Thunderfinger.
    No way- the system we have just needs a tune up & an oil change.
This discussion has been closed.