The Next American President Thread (2016)

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited August 2016 Posts: 23,626
    @Scaramanga12, how can you believe that? "He speaks off the cuff"? You say that like that's a good thing. Trump doesn't understand the world in which we live, Clinton at the very least does. Now she may have her own set of problems to overcome in this comedy, but she grasps the nature of things so much more than Trump. Trump's speeches being less articulate or polished than Clinton's is not the issue here. The fact that Trump turns left today and right tomorrow, that he says 'yes' to something and then 'no' to the same thing the next day, that he just makes things up, is absolutely frightening! This man could make decisions without fully comprehending them or without fully understanding the consequences. He takes his politics from what people talk about in a half-drunk state in bars late at night. Whether you like Hillary or not is besides the point in this debate. The fact that she is well-informed gives her so much more legitimacy over Trump. Understand that this is not a duel of giants but a duel of one barely competent woman and one completely incompetent buffoon. I don't care what kind of nasty tricks old Hill has brought to the game, if this is the choice we're confronted with, I'd still go for the one person that could keep America sort-of stable in these delirious times.

And let's see about that illegal immigration problem. What the bleep is Trump going to do? He says he's going to "do something about it" and that's good enough for you? The only suggestions he's made so far have all been preposterous. This man cannot even clearly define the problem. Things are way more complicated than just "hey, let's rally up all immigrants, throw them out and then all our problems are solved." You WANT to be a Nazi? You WANT to be the focal point for terrorism? And what's next? Throw the Jews out of Hollywood for controlling everything there and depriving other Americans of their jobs? Throw gay people out for giving old folks a heart attack when publicly displaying their mutual love? Besides, almost every single American in these forums is an illegal immigrant too, or have you forgotten the brutal ways in which the true Americans, the native Americans, were slain, oppressed, exterminated by the very people who now inhabit the country like they've owned it since the dawn of times? How about they threw everyone else out and gave the land back to its real owners? I'd love to see that. Finally some justice for that widespread genocide most Americans have comfortably erased from their minds.

What, I'm sounding like a dangerous person? No, I'm just basically saying what Trump's saying, just switching the pot and the kettle...
    This world is just soooo confusing anymore. I thought moderators were supposed to be, I don't know -- moderate? ;)

@BeatlesSansEarmuffs, compared to Trump and his minions, I'm a butterfly peacefully chasing the sun's radiation. ;-)
    Yeah Trump is not a good candidate but the truth is he is more liberal and less in tow to the religious nutters than many of his fellow republicans. Hilary would be much worse for America than Trump, who may if he is allowed to, do something about illegal immigration. He is not erudite, articulate and he doesn't have polished speeches. He speaks off the cuff and doesn't have all his speeches written out for him to repeat verbatim. I prefer that from politicians.

Since he panders to the religious fundies and the religious right so much, his personal beliefs and disbeliefs are irrelevant. He might as well be an atheist in the closet for all I care!

Trump simply has no policy or ideas to propose, only a few hyperboles from a rather poor vocabulary (he likes "great" and "fantastic" a lot) and an attitude. A messy, reckless, vindictive attitude. That's not a political program and that's not leadership.

#DarthDimi I suspect many of his supporters to have the same, ahem, feelings regarding shall we say sexual moral.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    So that's why that mother hands over her baby!

or is this going to far?

*runs*
  • I don't think there IS such a thing as "going too far" this campaign season, @CommanderRoss. Personally, I ain't stoppin' 'til I hit Quebec...
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    You'd better get goin' fast before Trump decides we'll need a wall on both borders. Isolationism is the only way to go!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    You'd better get goin' fast before Trump decides we'll need a wall on both borders. Isolationism is the only way to go!
    It's the Canadians who will probably need the wall if he wins, to keep out all the US citizens running for the border. Some towns have seen an increase in real estate purchases already apparently, in anticipation (fear) of a surprise.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited August 2016 Posts: 28,694
    bondjames wrote: »
    It's the Canadians who will probably need the wall if he wins, to keep out all the US citizens running for the border. Some towns have seen an increase in real estate purchases already apparently, in anticipation (fear) of a surprise.

Canada will have to pay for it, just like Mexico. :))

At that rate, all of North America will hate us, with all of Europe to match it. Bush began the world's disgust with the US, now Trump is fixing to finish it.
    Compared to Trump, Bush actually looks like a decent president.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    While Trump has words (the very best words), Bush seemed to barely read at a second grade level. He had no words (not the very best words).
    Bush was the mad cow. Trump is the mad cow decease.

Let's see about 2016 in world politics:

1) Nigel Farage
    2) Donald Trump
    3) Vladimir Poetin
    4) Recep Tayyip Erdoğan
    5) ...

Clowns, maniacs, metahumans and killers. Are our great leaders into Suicide Squad?

maxresdefault.jpg

No, I'm not saying Hillary is our Harley. Far from it. :)
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    If the rumours are true and Hillary has the onset of dementia what will this mean for her Presidency? :-??
    chrisisall wrote: »
    If the rumours are true and Hillary has the onset of dementia what will this mean for her Presidency? :-??

That she can say "I did NOT have sexual relations with that woman" and never know if she's lying or not.

While Trump has words (the very best words), Bush seemed to barely read at a second grade level. He had no words (not the very best words).

At least Bush didn't let his fans beat up people, or encourage them to do so, or asked Russia to spy on his political adversary, or pondered on having his political adversary murdered. With all his flaws Bush didn't use hyperbole praising himself or insulted everyone who was not a sycophant like Trump does.
    @DarthDimi, wait, which of those is a metahuman? Gotta be Putin, right? He even looks like a superhero. Tell me he isn't a dead ringer for Batman at the end of The Dark Knight Returns here atop his horsey-horse:

putin-on-a-horse-500x375.jpg

c603f6d5aa2044d252901f56e47a3b47.jpg

;)

And I gotta say, Hillary and Harley would have a lot of talk about; more than you think. Both have stayed with men that have continually hurt them in the past, for starters. That isn't to say Hillary can feel pain, of course (that's a human trait, after all). Maybe she's a metahuman too. :-O

"It's Teflon Woman, who can't be brought down by any scandal this side of Washington, e-mail oversights and Benghazi be damned! With her trusty sidekick husband The First Gentleman, she seeks to save the world-by keeping it the same as it's always been."
    Good one, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7. :D

I can see Trump as the mutant leader.

latest?cb=20101229172232

"My mon Donald don't shiv. Donald say he pegged Hill. Donald say balls nasty."
    Watch THIS! I'm speechless...
    http://www.democraticunderground.com/10028092798

Laff & cry at the same time.
    Ow man, @chrisisall, I'm rolling on the floor. :D
    I thought the girl in the pink shirt, Sierra or something, was kinda hot though. Oh wait, that was NOT the point of the video?

Seriously, build an invisible electric fence? And that bald guy nods like it's the best thing since Coca Cola. :P

Narrowing 911 to 9? Oh man, I haven't laughed this hard since I first saw Bad Neighbors. :D Come on, this is fake, right? I mean, it's gotta be. These people were hired, right? :P
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Good one, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7. :D

I can see Trump as the mutant leader.

latest?cb=20101229172232

"My mon Donald don't shiv. Donald say he pegged Hill. Donald say balls nasty."

When the first debate comes, Don will be dusted, and his political aspirations will be street pizza.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    In which case that first debate can't come soon enough Brady.
    These people were hired, right? :P
    I don't think so....
    :-O
    Mrcoggins wrote: »
    In which case that first debate can't come soon enough Brady.

But will there be a debate? I understand he's not sure he'll do one.

I don't think so....

Wow. :D I'm in utter shock if they are serious. Wait, are these people allowed to vote? Oh god, now I'm beginning to truly grasp the gravitas of the situation. The problem is worse than I thought.
    I don't think so....

@chrisisall,@DarthDimi, As bad as that video was, it only gets worse. CAUTION: Massive stupidity ahead.

We are surrounded by cruel, sadistic pigs masquerading as human beings, and nothing proves that better than this election and these videos.
    It all depends of numbers. Stupid people make faithful voters but they're not numerous. Trump's hardcore base is thin and his potential of expansion is getting thinner and thinner.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7

I respect that interviewer. How can you maintain a straight face while slipping these people so many subtle burns. :D

But I nearly lost it when that guys says "I'd agree with those quotes if Trump said them." Is this the common denominator of the American voters? That's scary. That's just terrifying. These people have stopped thinking ages ago. They're just sniffing Trump's farts and crying tears over how good they smell. These are drones, brainless worshippers, no better than suicide terrorists. If Trump tells this guy to beat up a black gay person or blow himself up in a refugee camp, I bet he'd do it.

What the hell is wrong with America?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    What the hell is wrong with America?

Sadly.
    giphy-facebook_s.jpg
    I don't think so....

@chrisisall,@DarthDimi, As bad as that video was, it only gets worse. CAUTION: Massive stupidity ahead.

We are surrounded by cruel, sadistic pigs masquerading as human beings, and nothing proves that better than this election and these videos.

OMG, as he was reading those quotes, I was like "when did he say THAT-?" and I'm not even a Trump fan.... then to find out who REALLY said them.... all I know is, my country is full of corporately engineered morons. 8-|
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited August 2016 Posts: 12,459
    In Pennsylvania, Trump rally:

Trump to a protester at that rally (I do not have follow up info on how the crowd reacted to the protester):

On just about the only show where the host (Hannity) still champions him and tries to help him. Here is Trump's statement on oil in Iraq.

And Trump using David Duke's (KKK) poster. Trump staff just photoshopped the Star of David off. But Trump is here holding it up at rally yesterday.

Well, I guess the Pennsylvanians will just have to decide how much pumping is needed. ;-)

He's invaded my home state?! He must be stopped!

He's actually not very far from my home at all; within punching distance.
This discussion has been closed.