The Next American President Thread (2016)

Comments

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited August 2016 Posts: 8,189

Poor choice of words, there. #-o

Haha, somehow that reminded me of the dark knight!
    It still goes on today. Sarah and husband Todd were out to dinner last night:

Waiter: What would you like to eat Mrs. Palin?

Sarah: I'll have the usual-the 12 inch Wolverine.

Waiter: The filet or bone-in?

Sarah: The bone-in of course.

Waiter: And the vegetable?

Sarah: He can order his own dinner.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

Poor choice of words, there. #-o

Haha, somehow that reminded me of the dark knight!

giphy.gif
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    FLeiter wrote: »

=))
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited August 2016 Posts: 12,459
    Palin - I never got her appeal to men; not in the slightest. And overall a huge YUCK.

Anyway, there is this on "think tanks": And it seems to many to be standard operating procedure, not a real surprise here:

Oh and I see the comments are starting to be the usual stuff ... ;)
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Palin - I never got her appeal to men; not in the slightest.

She's a throwaway. A real life Barbie doll.
    That said, she disgusts me personally.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Since I live in a very blue state I was playing with the idea of throwing Jill Stein my vote just to encourage a third party... but her VP pick is for s**t. Oh well, I am taking Bernie's advice & voting for the Hill... :-??

It's the best move, really. I have been telling you that for weeks. Glad you came around. ;)
  • edited August 2016 Posts: 3,564
    Palin - I never got her appeal to men; not in the slightest. And overall a huge YUCK.

Oh and I see the comments are starting to be the usual stuff ... ;)

Gentlemen...let it be noted for the record that our dear @4EverBonded has also acknowledged that she does not see the appeal that Naomi from TSWLM holds for some men either. (A point that I'm always happy to tease her about...)

That said, our comments of late HAVE tended to the "I didn't really need to know that..." end of the scale. Let's try to stick to topic (with occasional lapses for silliness acceptable when kept within the bounds of good taste) can we please?
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    FLeiter wrote: »

(C) Spitting Image 1986

The old jokes are the best

• So now 50 Republican experts on international relations -- veterans of several past Republican administrations -- have signed a letter of opposition to Trump's presidential aspirations. They think he'd be a dangerous choice for the Oval Office. Big surprise, hm? Just as surprising as Trump's response: they're all a bunch of "Losers." I'm not writing Trump off just yet -- as the saying goes, "No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public" -- but it's really not looking good for Donnie.

Or, as the other saying goes: "STFU, Donnie! You're out of your element!"
    This piece is from 2012, the Republicans saying back then they had a "wake up call" at that time and needed to change. Hmmm.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    This piece is from 2012, the Republicans saying back then they had a "wake up call" at that time and needed to change. Hmmm.

The Republican party seems to be like me on a Monday. I hear the alarm clock, and I wake-up, thinking, "I've gotta get going!" Then my body fails me, and I enter into sleep again, missing all the wake-up calls for two hours, until the alarm clock wakes me up again not long after that. Though I'm determined to get up this time, I fall back into sleep yet again, and the cycle repeats.

We've got to see if the Republican party has the will and ability to get up out of bed after the massive defeat and embarrassment that is coming their way via Trump's ongoing campaign this year. Presidential candidates/circus performers like they've had on order recently aren't going to stop the Democrats from losing the oval office any time soon, and I think they're beginning to see that now.
    Sean Hannity keeps digging and slinging as much dirt as he can, for Trump.
    I just read this:
    Character - not issues ...

In part here:
    American history is rife with examples of uncivil discourse. Abraham Lincoln’s own commanding general, George B. McClellan, once called him “the original gorilla.” Theodore Roosevelt dismissed President Benjamin Harrison as “a cold-blooded, narrow-minded, prejudiced, obstinate, timid old psalm-singing Indianapolis politician.” In 1960, Harry Truman denounced Richard Nixon as “a no good lying bastard” and said that anyone who voted for him “ought to go to hell.”

And it doesn’t take a pollster or a pundit to know that winning the presidency has sometimes—maybe even often— hinged more on questions of the candidates’ character, temperament and personality (and the shorthand caricatures of same) than on their stances on the issues of the day—however grave or challenging.

But when a pre-adolescent boy at a Trump rally in Virginia can yell, “Take the bitch down!” and his mother’s defense is, “Children will be children”—and the sitting president feels compelled to describe a would-be successor as actually unfit for the office—it seems beyond dispute that the country has reached some kind of new low.

Character - not issues ...

In part here:
    American history is rife with examples of uncivil discourse. Abraham Lincoln’s own commanding general, George B. McClellan, once called him “the original gorilla.” Theodore Roosevelt dismissed President Benjamin Harrison as “a cold-blooded, narrow-minded, prejudiced, obstinate, timid old psalm-singing Indianapolis politician.” In 1960, Harry Truman denounced Richard Nixon as “a no good lying bastard” and said that anyone who voted for him “ought to go to hell.”

And it doesn’t take a pollster or a pundit to know that winning the presidency has sometimes—maybe even often— hinged more on questions of the candidates’ character, temperament and personality (and the shorthand caricatures of same) than on their stances on the issues of the day—however grave or challenging.

But when a pre-adolescent boy at a Trump rally in Virginia can yell, “Take the bitch down!” and his mother’s defense is, “Children will be children”—and the sitting president feels compelled to describe a would-be successor as actually unfit for the office—it seems beyond dispute that the country has reached some kind of new low.

Well-said. Well-said.
    edited August 2016 Posts: 12,459
    Character on both sides is an issue ... but it is more lopsided than ever before.
  • Those of you who've seen some of my posts in other threads may know: I'm kind of a comic book afficianado. I just finished the current issue of a title that .... may be of interest to those of you following this thread. The title is, "Vote Loki" -- and the premise is: Marvel Comics' trickster god, Loki, the prince of lies and Thor's half-brother/immortal frenemy has decided to run for President of the USA. His campaign slogan is, "I'm going to lie right to your face and you're going to love it." So far, the series is on issue #3...so if you get bored on a day that The Donald has managed to behave himself somewhat, you may want to check out an issue or two. Personally, I'm having a hard time deciding where to cast my allegiance: I can't wait for the debate between Loki and The Cat in the Hat! (dialogue provided by Dr. Seuss, edited & plotted by Stan Lee.)
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    I somehow feel detached from this world. The Turks are rallying behind a Hitler impersonator (yes, that's right GG, this is a Godwin. But he's been actively killing Kurds for a long time now, so he's closer to one AH then anyone before), millions of people are fleeing war zones where a FU group of human-hating creatures are actively creating hell, millions of people join these refugees for a better life and risking not just everything they have but their lifes too, The EU is falling apart and instead of trying to listen to it's people this bureacratic monster is even more detached from the world, still wanting to make a deal with this Hitler-impersonator, and the last beacon we had of Western 'civilisation' has an ogre running for President and a presidential race that's so far below par it's even hard to see what's going on..

And the 21st century is only in it's second decade. Thirty years ago we all thought by now we'd heve shuttle transport between here and the moon and we'd be setting foot on Mars. This is one of those 'what the hell happened'moments in history.
  • When Trump is elected he'll make sure everybody in America gets a Jetsons car. Because, y'know, winning.
    Considering the real pain and trauma caused by the NeoCons invading and destabilising successive Middle Eastern and North African countries, and the financial pain caused by the bankers, I still have trouble seeing why electing someone who is a bit rude to some people (i.e. Trump) would be such a catastrophe
  • Troy wrote: »
    Considering the real pain and trauma caused by the NeoCons invading and destabilising successive Middle Eastern and North African countries, and the financial pain caused by the bankers, I still have trouble seeing why electing someone who is a bit rude to some people (i.e. Trump) would be such a catastrophe

Because rudeness is what Trump does before he gets out of bed in the morning. It goes downhill from there. Even the Neocons are afraid of what Donnie says he'll do as President. See my post yesterday about the letter from 50 Republican foreign affairs "experts."
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    Even the Neocons are afraid of what Donnie says he'll do as President.

Yeah, right.

Former Acting CIA Director Mike Morell: I want to scare Assad, kill Iranians & Russians covertly:

MICHAEL J. MORELL: I Ran the C.I.A. Now I’m Endorsing Hillary Clinton.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Nothing new.
    Even the Neocons are afraid of what Donnie says he'll do as President.

Yeah, right.

Former Acting CIA Director Mike Morell: I want to scare Assad, kill Iranians & Russians covertly:

MICHAEL J. MORELL: I Ran the C.I.A. Now I’m Endorsing Hillary Clinton.
    There will be loads of idiots supporting Hillary, but that says nothing about what she'd do or not do.

@troy if you think international politics will be solved by bullying and torture then by all means support Trump. For that's what he said he'd do. For bullying has always stabalised other countries, and murder and torture have always brought peace and prosperity, right? You're absolutely right. Because NeoCons FU before, it's only right to make it even worse. Ten, in history, they won't look that bad....
    So disgusted with this election...
  • And now: Trump says he wants to debate "very badly"... but only if he gets to approve the moderators. Y'know, to make sure the debates aren't rigged. Okay, so everybody chime in on the obvious response: Yes, Donnie, we're sure you'll debate very badly. That said: in what world does letting either/any candidate (we're still hoping for 3 podiums) pick the moderators NOT assure a rigged debate? Oh, in the same universe where "Fair and Balanced" means "Totally biased in favor of the Republicans." Right, I forgot about that. Okay, let's see -- that means no female moderators, no one of Mexican descent, certainly no one of Islamic heritage, no black folk (except Amarosa) ....and oh yeah, no babies. Did I leave out any other groups who are obviously biased against The Donald? It's hard to keep track, there are so many of them...
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Hey, don't dog Trump. He has a very good brain! =))
    Murdock wrote: »
    Hey, don't dog Trump. He has a very good brain! =))
    AND he knows words!
    CfC_MsSVAAAG-W2.jpg
This discussion has been closed.