'Anyone for a jelly baby ? ' - Doctor Who discussion thread.

Comments

• MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Gerard wrote:
    Here's a little game that might amuse you. My best score ? 3180, with Eight.

http://games.usvsth3m.com/2048-doctor-who-edition/

That is so addictive! Thanks for the post.
    Well, here is the same game, but with the Master :

http://games.usvsth3m.com/2048/the-master-edition-8/

BTW, I started collecting the Doctors from the Doctor Who Figurine Collection (I don't have the space to collect all the figurines, most of it having been used by the James Bond Car Collection). Received Eleven and Four today.
    August can't come soon enough.

BoVsAGXIEAAjpu3.jpg
    Following the above post... The 1st teaser trailer

Come on August!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited May 2014 Posts: 13,905
    They've been filming on Aberavon Beach in Port Talbot. Wales, looking like an alien planet since 1963. :D

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/16-doctor-who-pictures-behind-7156119

So it is August, not September? Lovely stuff.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 112
    I guess those photos supports the rumor the Doctor is returning to the Planet of Fire from Season 21, which had the Master... who is supposed to be returning... probably means nothing... ;)
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Thanks for posting both of you.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Saturday 23rd August then? The weekend of the Bank Holiday and three months from now.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Saturday 23rd August then? The weekend of the Bank Holiday and three months from now.

And it shall be written down in our dayplanner
    ohfilms1 wrote:
    Following the above post... The 1st teaser trailer

Come on August!

Talk about short and sweet! ~X(
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 12,837
    Yeah I think it's a bit of a wind up calling that a teaser trailer. It's one frame for fucks sake! ;) I think for it to be called a trailer it needs some context behind it and it needs to actually show something, not just a random image. We saw more of Peter Capaldi at the end of the last episode. They should've called it a sneak peek or something.

Anyway, it's looking pretty good, I'm looking forward to it.
    They've been filming on Aberavon Beach in Port Talbot. Wales, looking like an alien planet since 1963. :D

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/16-doctor-who-pictures-behind-7156119

Even when she's wearing a baggy orange jump suit, Jenna Coleman still manages to look fit. Future Bond girl maybe?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Piper, Freema, Gillan... the Doctor's had some smashing companions since the 90s, but yes, Jenna is easily the fittest. I can't take my eyes off her. @-)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

Even when she's wearing a baggy orange jump suit, Jenna Coleman still manages to look fit. Future Bond girl maybe?

I complain a lot about Bond these days (there is a lot for me to complain about), but I wouldn't complain if Jenna Coleman were to join the ranks of Bond Girl. On second thoughts, maybe when the next Bond takes over, that way if won't look like James Bond and his daughter.

• edited May 2014 Posts: 19,339
    DOCTOR WHO HORROR QUIZ FOLKS :

How well do you know the Doctor? Test your knowledge – head to our classic #WhoOnHorror Quiz http://www.whoquiz.horrorchannel.co.uk

UPDATE : Just noticed that you can only play if you have a FB or Twitter account..but its here if someone wants to have a go anyway.

You absolutely have to see this :

Great job, girls ! One of my favourite series mixed with one of my favourite musicals ! Genius !
    anyone in the UK with access to the horror channel, they're showing reruns of our fav time lord. this week Tom Baker - Genesis of the Daleks - every week night 7.50pm to 9pm.

Cracking stuff - i feel a slight stiffness coming on.
    They've been showing Doctor Who for over a month now.

7-Doctors1.jpg

I have a number of DW DVD's, so I haven't gone out of my way to see them on the Horror Channel. It's still nice to see the classic era get some love, what with Watch showing only the modern series'.
    Gerard wrote:

another try for the contents of my wallet.

Happy birthday to Colin Baker !
    edited June 2014 Posts: 13,905
    6.jpg

Happy birthday SIX. Now, who's for a glass of carrot juice carrot juice carrot juice?

http://www.doctorwho.tv/worldtour/
    Doctor Who: The World Tour
    I might go to the NY one, how about you?
    It looks like The Underwater Menace isn't coming to DVD, and neither might any remaining classic stores...

"Doctor Who - No 'Underwater Menace' DVDs After All? Here's What We Were Told!
    On the other hand, Colin Baker reports that 'The Five(ish) Doctors Reboot' could be on the way
    Posted by David Lambert

We reported this past Friday that Amazon.com had set up a listing for Doctor Who - Story #032: The Underwater Menace on DVD, and had begun accepting pre-orders for the title. In our write-up, we discussed on how there wasn't much left available from the classic show for the BBC to release on DVD, and that the two items clearly available to release would be the 1993 charity special Dimensions in Time and the 1999 charity special Doctor Who and the Curse of the Fatal Death.

In the responses we got to this write-up via email, and on our site's Twitter and Facebook pages, fan after fan pointed out that it was highly unlikely that Dimensions in Time would ever come to DVD, reminding us that it's not about the production being a cross-over with the EastEnders program, but that there was a clause in the contract for that production stating it would never EVER come to home video. We didn't forget that, but it was our thought that donating a significant part of the revenue to the original charity would be enough to circumvent that clause. The feedback we got to that idea was that it would take too much time, effort and money to track down every person (or their heirs) involved in the production and get them to sign off on it. Rather unlikely; too bad. Yes, you can possibly see it anyway through illegal means...we don't EVER advocate or support that, though. And the main concept was being able to own it on DVD.

We expected at least some of that feedback to occur following our heavily-editorialized news post. What we did NOT anticipate, however, in all the feedback, was a comment from none other than Steve Roberts, the project leader of the Doctor Who Restoration Team. To fully understand the impact of what Roberts told us, we have to point out that we first reported on The Underwater Menace ("TUM") back in mid-February, and not too long after we posted that report there was an update the same day, which we added to the bottom, saying that "work on animation has been halted due to studio having other higher priority projects." What animation would that be? Why, the animation to recreate the still-missing 1st and 4th episodes from this 4-part story arc. Which is why in Friday's report we said that we didn't know if those parts would be filled in by animation, as originally planned, or if they would go with an alternate route of still photos and audio tracks plus narration. Apparently the answer is, "none of the above." Sadly, the comment posted by Steve Roberts on our Facebook page says that the title is apparently off the board entirely, despite Amazon's listing: "[Well], we're the team that remasters the episodes for DVD release and even we don't have a clue what's going on with TUM now. From where we're standing, it's looking like the range is dead."

Doctor Who - Story #032: The Underwater Menace

"The range is dead"...that's clearly meant to indicate that there are no classic Doctor Who DVD releases currently planned (or, if there are, then the Restoration Team is entirely out of the loop about them...a concept which is likely to fill any fan with dread!). So that's it. We're done, are we?

Well, of course there will always be DVD (and Blu-ray) releases from the new 2005 re-launched program. And we're not just talking about the upcoming Series 8 episodes, either. According to a report yesterday (Sunday) by our friends at DoctorWhoNews.net, the quirky-yet-lovable 50th Anniversary short called "The Five(ish) Doctors Reboot" - written and directed by Peter Davison ("The 5th Doctor") and co-starring him, Colin Baker and Sylvester McCoy (as it portrays their attempts to be included as part of the 50th Anniversary Special, The Day of the Doctor) - is coming to DVD in an official release soon. At least according to Colin Baker, who revealed it at the Doctor Who Appreciation Society's "Myth Makers" convention in the U.K. this past weekend. We would hope that it would be an international release, including North America, but no details about that were reported.

So we Whovians face an uncertain future about DVD releases of the classic show. Is it time for BBC Home Entertainment to collect what's available into "season sets" of some sort? Perhaps. Forgive the pun, but only time will tell what the future holds for Doctor Who. Stay tuned."

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Doctor-The-Underwater-Menace/19865#ixzz34oIzZGSr

---

That comes as a considerable let down, I was looking forward to The Underwater Menace (as well as any further Troughton era stories).
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    There was no chance they would animate everything that was left but I did think we'd see The Underwater Menace at some point and we still might.

I'd buy the season sets if they were released.
    Dopctor Who TV has already announced that "The Five(is Doctors Reboot" would be released, alongside "Day of the Doctor" and "Time of the Doctor" in a special boxset.

I would be very disappointed if "The Underwater Menace" is not released.
    I'm absolutely raging right now. I was so annoyed. Well... time to download the surviving episodes and the telesnap recons.
    Disappointing about TUM, would have been nice to have it animated along with the crusade, after those two I wouldn't expect any other animations but afterwhat we got its a let down not finishing what should be completed
    While waiting for series 8, here's a little something you might enjoy :

Gerard wrote:
    Dopctor Who TV has already announced that "The Five(is Doctors Reboot" would be released, alongside "Day of the Doctor" and "Time of the Doctor" in a special boxset.

I would be very disappointed if "The Underwater Menace" is not released.

Been thinking of getting Day of the doctor on bluray, will hold of for the special box set. Was hoping five doctors would have been on original Day of the doctor release.
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 6,432
    http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/doomsday-farewell-declared-greatest-sci-fi-moment-64019.htm

I love Doctor Who, admittedly i prefer Smith over Tenant though can't agree with this.

Spock dying in Wrath of Khan and pretty much every great moment in Empire strikes back is better than this. Think the doctors time stream being ripped apart was better.

Tom Baker deliberating over genocide of the daleks in Genesis of the daleks is far better than this.

To be honest the fact this was chosen as greatest sci fi moment is totally baffling.