'Anyone for a jelly baby ? ' - Doctor Who discussion thread.

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited June 2014 Posts: 13,905
    That's the best which they could come up with? Personally, I would choose (in no order)...

- SEVEN trapped in the basement, with the approaching Dalek, and what happens next (Remembrance Of The Daleks)
    - The Cybermen march though London (The Invasion)
    - TWO's speech to Victoria (The Tomb Of The Cybermen)
    - ELEVEN protecting Trenzalore (The Time Of The Doctor)
    - SEVEN & Mel say goodbye (Dragonfire)

That is just a handful.
    And from the new series I found that moment when Sarah Jane discovered the Tardis in the basement with the Tennant Doctor standing behind her a very emotional moment and always make me grab a tissue.
    That's the best which they could come up with? Personally, I would choose (in no order)...

- SEVEN trapped in the basement, with the approaching Dalek, and what happens next (Remembrance Of The Daleks)

That is just a handful.

One's farewell speech to Susan. Always brings a tear to my eye, regardless of who says it.
    Gerard wrote:

That is just a handful.

One's farewell speech to Susan. Always brings a tear to my eye, regardless of who says it.

good one
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    SaintMark wrote:
    Gerard wrote:

That is just a handful.

good one

I agree. The first companion to leave the show, a pivotal moment, that is emotional but not saccharine.
    NEWSFLASH

The new Doctor lands on August 23, with a feature-length first episode called "Deep Breath" - starring Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor and Jenna Coleman as his companion, Clara.
    Very mysterious. :)
    I don't know what The Moff is trying to achieve with that question. I don't know any humans that have lived to be at least 953 years old (Time And The Rani), can regenerate, and live on another planet. Also, in the 1996 tvm, the Doctor says that he if half human. So if he is only half human, what's the other half? He's an alien, that's it.
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 6,432
    I don't know what The Moff is trying to achieve with that question. I don't know any humans that have lived to be at least 953 years old (Time And The Rani), can regenerate, and live on another planet. Also, in the 1996 tvm, the Doctor says that he if half human. So if he is only half human, what's the other half? He's an alien, that's it.

Moffat can be a wind up merchant, unless he is trying to open up the door to ideas he has. Always seen the Doctor myself as alien and kind of dismiss elements of the tv movie.

Personally the two hearts should suggest he is not human. Though writers can come up with anything in order to make what ever they want fit. Hopefully Moffat will not go much further than that interview with his idea as to whether the Doctor is human.

Moffat can be a wind up merchant, unless he is trying to open up the door to ideas he has. Always seen the Doctor myself as alien and kind of dismiss elements of the tv movie.

I feel the same towards the tvm. Though I will say that it has my favourite TARDIS interior.

I feel the same towards the tvm. Though I will say that it has my favourite TARDIS interior.

Tardis in the Tv movie is fantastic, when i rewatched it a few years ago i did enjoy it. Despite not liking elements would have been interesting if the further Tv movies/episodes were green lit. Though perhaps that would have not led us to where we are with Doctor Who now.
    Following the list of actors that could have been cast if Doctor Who was a US show, there's now an 50th Anniversary tribute for this list of 'what if actors'...

I think Vincent Price is an inspired choice for The 3rd Doctor.
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 6,432
    Unable to view video at moment, Vincent Price would have been very good. Played some great roles in Roger Cormens Edger Allan Poe movie interpretations.
    Following the list of actors that could have been cast if Doctor Who was a US show, there's now an 50th Anniversary tribute for this list of 'what if actors'...

I think Vincent Price is an inspired choice for The 3rd Doctor.

ONe word : Wow !

And I agree on Vincent Price. And Harrison Ford. Oh, and the final poem reminds me of one of my favorite story in Ray Bradbury's "The Martian Chronicles".
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Not sure if this has been posted (I don't follow the thread), but for anyone with a lot of money to spare, you can pick up the 'Doctor Who: Series 1-7 Limited Edition Blu-Ray Giftset' starting June 30th for $349.99.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ref=&%74%61g=%62l%75r%61yf%6fr%75m%2d20?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=blurayforum-20&ASIN=B00DYAE2IY
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Looking forward to the news series. That airdate isn't a surprise ;) but I suppose the title is. An hour for the first episode would be great - and just like last time.
    ohfilms1 wrote:
    NEWSFLASH

The new Doctor lands on August 23, with a feature-length first episode called "Deep Breath" - starring Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor and Jenna Coleman as his companion, Clara.

Cool! Really looking forward to seeing Capaldi's take on the Dr? :D
    News
    Kate Stewart, Osgood, UNIT and the Cybermen are back for Series 8. Also Michelle Gomez has been cast as Gatekeeper of the Nethersphere.
    Nice to see the folks at UNIT again and can't wait to find out what the heck is the gatekeeper of the Nethersphere
    Michelle Gomez was hilarious as Sue White in Green Wing, so her casing is good news. She has also prior experience with the world of Who, having lent her voice to the 7th Doctor Big Finish audio, Valhalla. It looks like they're assembling quite an interesting supporting cast for series 8.
    http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/series-8-new-trailer-64242.htm

This is pretty cool, wonder whos voice it is? Let speculation begin.
    edited July 2014 Posts: 13,905
    Sounds to me like...
    Terry Malloy (Davros).
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 6,432
    Yeah mate, i thought that. Very good trailer, good production value.

The voice apparently says "I see into your soul Doctor. Beauty, divinity
    and hatred!"

Interesting eludes to a darker side with such a compliment... in context of course. :-)
    edited July 2014 Posts: 13,350
    This teaser on the website, has written under it "It's time you knew him..."

This Doctor is bad.
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 112
    So who could it be?
    Davros? Dalek Cann?
    Come on August!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Not sure if this has been posted, but here's a new teaser (perhaps):

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=120229
    I've just discovered some news (that dropped last month), that is more collector related, than to the show itself. It turns out that the 5" line of figures isn't dead just yet. There is going to be a Time Of The Doctor set, which will comprise of one body, and three swappable heads (young/aged 11th Doctor & 12th Doctor). There will also be a new Ace figure, also 5", this time from Silver Nemesis.

http://doctorwhotoys.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1746
    The scripts for the first five episodes of the new series have today been leaked online.

The BBC is pleading with those who know to keep the lid of things.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    The scripts for the first five episodes of the new series have today been leaked online.

How on earth can this happen? Somebody will be in big trouble if they ever find out who let this happen? Forgive the WHO pun by the way!
    ;)
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 7,653
    Samuel001 wrote:

Somebody seems to be hellbent to hurt the Doctor Who franchise, I hope they take that person to the cleaners.

And now we have the anti Doctor/Moffat crowd having ammunition to piss of all the other fans with revelations way before the showing on TV.