'Anyone for a jelly baby ? ' - Doctor Who discussion thread.

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The thing that sucks about something like that is that you pretty much have to have none of/one of the series already, and that's it. Look at Dexter: they're coming out with the big box set on blu-ray after the series ends, and I've seen people who have all of the seasons thus far who are still going to spend $300 on the big collectible set. It always seems like what you have, something better will be released down the line.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    With a series you know will end, pick the set up when it's over. That's why I would always do. With something like Doctor Who, there is no harm in collecting them one at a time as it will go on for, well, forever.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited September 2013 Posts: 13,904
    Cover art for the upcoming DVD release of Scream Of The Shalka has been released:

51eYGm7gPeL.jpg

Special features have not yet been announced.
    edited September 2013 Posts: 13,350
    The read through took place today for the Christmas Special, otherwise known as Matt Smith's final episode.

p01g4lmg.jpg

Production begins on Monday and yes, Matt will wear a wig. If it's good enough for McGann...
  • What's happened to his hair and is that a scar on his head?
    He shaved it off for a film, How To Catch A Monster and though it was growing back, it wasn't enough I take it, so off it came again. Yes, that's a scar that Matt got as a child. It's only noticeable when he has short hair. Just one reason that quiff looks so much better.
  • I don't know if it's ever been mentioned already but chances of a shot at the next Bond I wonder?
    Matt's already said no to that, when asked but would love to be a villain.
  • Samuel001 wrote:

Easy saying no until you're actually asked. There aren't many actors out there who would pass up the opportunity.
  • I don't know if it's ever been mentioned already but chances of a shot at the next Bond I wonder?

I'd say no chance. Great chap and actor to boot though, just not Bond. He'd come across more geeky than Q!
    Samuel001 wrote:

Easy saying no until you're actually asked. There aren't many actors out there who would pass up the opportunity.

It's just not him and I don't think he'd even do a screentest for it. You can't be both The Doctor and James Bond.
  • edited September 2013 Posts: 6,396
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

It's just not him and I don't think he'd even do a screentest for it. You can't be both The Doctor and James Bond.

Why not? You can be Han Solo and Indiana Jones and Jack Ryan or Daredevil and Batman (with a little George Reeves thrown in for good measure).

By the way I agree about Smith, I don't think he's right for Bond either. I was just posing a question.
    Being roles with a constant turnover just rules the possibility out to me. Two British icons and to be both would seem wrong in my eyes. It may one day happen but I doubt it.

A more interesting question to me would be how would Peter Capaldi do as James Bond.
  • edited September 2013 Posts: 6,396
    Better still. Peter Capaldi as Malcolm Tucker as James Bond ;-)

Oh, and on that note:

"You're David F***ing Niven!" =))
    The 50th Anniversary special will be titled, The Day of the Doctor and will be 75 minutes long.
  • Thanks @Samuel001. I just hope the quality of the script is better than anything from the last series.
    The Cybermen are to return this Christmas. Some sites have taken this to mean that the Cybermen will be the reason for the Doctor's regeneration.
    The BBC have revealed some details about their programming for the Fiftieth Anniversary celebrations, which will include:
    •The Anniversary Special itself, which has been named The Day of the Doctor and will be 75 minutes long.
    •The 90 minute drama An Adventure in Space and Time
    •A BBC Two lecture by Professor Brian Cox on the science behind the hit show
    •A Culture Show special by Matthew Sweet, entitled Me, You and Doctor Who
    •A BBC Radio 2 documentary entitled Who is Doctor Who
    •A repeat run of a restored version of the very first story, An Unearthly Child, on BBC Four
    •A primer to the series with Doctor Who: The Ultimate Guide
    Exact times will be revealed at a later date.
  • I just hope the quality of the script is better than anything from the last series.

The last series seems to have gotten lots of slack and I'm not sure why. I thought it was much better than series 6, which made me lose interest in the show altogether for a bit.
  • I just hope the quality of the script is better than anything from the last series.

The last series seems to have gotten lots of slack and I'm not sure why. I thought it was much better than series 6, which made me lose interest in the show altogether for a bit.

I didn't find the stories captivating in the slightest. I'm looking forward to seeing a new direction when Capaldi takes over.
    SaintMark wrote:
    The BBC have revealed some details about their programming for the Fiftieth Anniversary celebrations, which will include:
    •The Anniversary Special itself, which has been named The Day of the Doctor and will be 75 minutes long.
    •The 90 minute drama An Adventure in Space and Time
    •A BBC Two lecture by Professor Brian Cox on the science behind the hit show
    •A Culture Show special by Matthew Sweet, entitled Me, You and Doctor Who
    •A BBC Radio 2 documentary entitled Who is Doctor Who
    •A repeat run of a restored version of the very first story, An Unearthly Child, on BBC Four
    •A primer to the series with Doctor Who: The Ultimate Guide
    Exact times will be revealed at a later date.

I look forward to sitting down and hopefully watching all of these! I just won't tell the Mrs! =))
    image.php?pid=11550&w=650
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Wow-zers. I was just about to post this image...

Totally speechless, I am. I really hope this will be as fantastic as it should.
    Samuel001 wrote:

Thanks for posting Samuel! This really could be epic! :-bd
    Leaked Synopsis:
    The Doctor and Clara are still trapped within the Doctor's timeline. The only way to escape is to reopen the lock that conceals the Doctor’s darkest day. The Time War.

So, it carries on from the last episode, to be continued indeed.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Leaked Synopsis:
    The Doctor and Clara are still trapped within the Doctor's timeline. The only way to escape is to reopen the lock that conceals the Doctor’s darkest day. The Time War.

So, it carries on from the last episode, to be continued indeed.

Excellent Samuel! Thanks for posting! Counting down the days already! \:D/
    No doubt a three-parter along with the Christmas episode. That's my thinking anyway.
    Good news : the music for the last two Christmas episodes ("The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe" and "The Snowmen") will be released on october 21st 2013. Here's the booklet's cover :

snowmen-soundtrack.jpg

Source : http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/snowmen-widow-christmas-soundtrack-53096.htm