Goodbye to Judi Dench? (Contains Skyfall Spoilers)

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Craig said Skyfall has 2 or 3 hooks. I think one of those hooks has something to do with M.

When the plot involves M's past, I think you might be right! ;)
  • Stephen Fry would be an excellent M.
    i do not think its M's Ashes in the box. I think its a farewell gift to say thank you from Dench's M as she is forced to leave the service? Perhaps if this scene is near the end? One of two things will happen? 1: Bond goes after Bardems Villain? Or? He goes to meet his new superior along with the new Moneypenny?!!!!!! I hope its the latter! :-)
  • edited December 2011 Posts: 5,745
    RogueAgent wrote:
    i do not think its M's Ashes in the box. I think its a farewell gift to say thank you from Dench's M as she is forced to leave the service? Perhaps if this scene is near the end? One of two things will happen? 1: Bond goes after Bardems Villain? Or? He goes to meet his new superior along with the new Moneypenny?!!!!!! I hope its the latter! :-)

The order I viewed the photos (the order they were on the website) it appears Bond hands Eve the box. Ima check, and edit if I'm wrong.

EDIT: nope, he hands it to her. It looks like they're not shooting atm though in the pictures, cue the guy in the red beanie. So perhaps he was just giving it back to her.
  • I'd like to handle Eve's box.
    lol! :)) oooooohhhhhhh yes!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited December 2011 Posts: 13,934
  • @QBranch done!

Anyway, I've said it before, I think colin firth would make a good M
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 12,837
    I'd like to handle Eve's box.

post of the year :D
    congrats to "forgotmyusername" That is so my sense of humour! lol
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited December 2011 Posts: 13,894
    002 wrote:
    Some Suggestions:

Hugh laurie, Stephen Fry, Paul McGann, Chris Barrie from Red Dwarf,

I think Chris Barrie would make a better Q.

She needs to go.
    The_Reaper wrote:
    She needs to go.

I'd say 'should', not 'needs'.
  • No no, M must remain female, she should be fifty something but still kinda hot, but the antithesis of the bond girls. Very self possesed post feminist and there should be real chemistry between herself and bond. A strong and sexy character, who takes no prisoners. Who dresses avant garde designer and is intimidated by no one. There are enough male characters, and this would be a golden opportunity to move with the times and represent a strong sexy self possessed intelligent woman. Oh yes, and she should be played by a complete unknown capeable of making a big and lasting impression.....mmmmm..I wonder who that might be?
    Time for an old white male again in the M role I think. Colin Firth or Hugh Grant perhaps.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited December 2011 Posts: 15,690
    Getafix wrote:
    Hugh Grant perhaps.

Hugh Grant as M ? You are no longer allowed to criticize Brosnan. =))
    Getafix wrote:
    Hugh Grant perhaps.

Hugh Grant as M ? You are no longer allowed to criticize Brosnan. =))

Joke.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I've always thought Anthony Hopkins or Malcolm McDowell would make great M's, but both may be too old for the role now.
    A couple of people said Colin Firth. While I'm not a big fan of his, I think he might actually make a decent M.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I've always thought Anthony Hopkins or Malcolm McDowell would make great M's, but both may be too old for the role now.
    Anthony Hopkins doesn't age!
    :-t
    Would hate to see Judi go because she is SO GOOD. Judi is the last holdover from the Brosnan age. I was surprised but delighted that she stuck around after DAD. She is a great M, but if she goes then I guess the next film will feature a male in the role, a retired admiral like they had done in the past.
  • This should be her last outing, just to silence complaints about how the character's been written recently.
    I don't think shes leaving.....

(It's mostly about the best exotic.... But it gets the pont across)

http://tvnz.co.nz/close-up/judi-dench-doesn-t-slow-down-video-4790173

(Tell me if it's region locked or something.)
    If nothing else Eon's already shown how exceptionally faithful they are to the members of their Bond family. I suppose if Dench goes it's of her own free will. Or not at all. She's a marvellous actress with tons of experience and having her even in a minor part - as her health would seem to prevent anything else in the future - would profit any film, not just Bond. The moment to go would have been with CR. I suppose if she feels she's up for it Dench will go on.
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 147
    I like Judi Dench but a new M will be awesome.
    Please no copying of Dench, Lee or Brown must be his/her own interpretation of M.
  • Tom Wilkinson would be an interesting choice. Kinda reminds me of Lee, but I don't think he would be a clone
    I would actualy like to see Tom Wilkinson has M.
    I think it would be pretty cool if we saw Dench stepping down in Bond 24, and having the transition to the next M. Kind of like Q in TWINE.
    Hopefully the next M won't be all over involved.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Given Dench's recent problems with her eyesight, I wouldn't be shocked if she had to opt out of acting altogether in the coming years.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Tom Wilkinson would be an interesting choice. Kinda reminds me of Lee, but I don't think he would be a clone

One of the best choices I've seen.