The deleted scenes and alternate versions thread

jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
edited November 2016 in SPECTRE News & Spoilers Posts: 10,586
I thought it would be nice to open a thread to discuss any shots or scenes that appeared in the trailers but were non existent in the final product.

The ones I've noticed are:
-A scene where Bond walks through the MI6 corridors as the passing employees gaze at him
-The original scenes in Bond's flat as seen in the teaser trailer are notably more serious than in the film

And the ones listed on the main site:
-A scene where as Moneypenny exits Bond's flat, a woman's voice is heard coming from his bedroom
-Bond telling Madeleine they have 'all the time in the world' as he drives off with the DB5

EDIT - 10/11/16

Please discuss all aspects relating to deleted scenes/alternate versions of Bond films here.

Comments

• JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    edited November 2015 Posts: 4,151
    The scene with M (overdue holiday) changed slightly from trailer to final movie.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    edited November 2015 Posts: 3,675
    Hinx's killing of the Spanish agent is not shown like the trailer.

What do you mean the ones listed on the main site?
  • TigerTanakaTigerTanaka Welcome to Japan, Mr. Bond
    The scene with M (overdue holiday) changed slightly from trailer to final movie.
    I noticed that too. That scene has a shot of Bond is slightly on the side instead of a front medium shot like in the trailer.

• JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    I noticed that too. That scene has a shot of Bond is slightly on the side instead of a front medium shot like in the trailer.

It is. I also think it's said, by Bond, in a more serious tone than in the trailer.

• TubesTubes The Hebrew Hammer

Probably for the better, as I couldn't understand that Bond was saying "overdue holiday" in the trailer.

• edited November 2015 Posts: 847
    The FULL LIST of spectre's deleted scenes (and other Bond films) is here : http://www.commander007.net/2015/10/spectre-scenes-coupees/

And what the source for that in our website : "Craig insisted on reshooting the scene where Moneypenny visits Bond's flat towards the end of filming..." ?
  • "Do you know what name links them all?"
    "Me"

wasn't in the film, nor was the shot of Q's laptop with the scrambled Spectre logo
    The full list of spectre's deleted scenes (and other films) is here : http://www.commander007.net/2015/10/spectre-scenes-coupees/

And what the source for that in our website : "Craig insisted on reshooting the scene where Moneypenny visits Bond's flat towards the end of filming..." ?

Can someone who speaks French translate this? Google Translate makes a mess of it.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    dinovelvet wrote: »
    "Do you know what name links them all?"
    "Me"

wasn't in the film, nor was the shot of Q's laptop with the scrambled Spectre logo
    Actually, Q says "Do you know who links them all?" "Him" And Bond is talking about Oberhauser!!
    ggl007 wrote: »
    "Me"

Actually, Q says "Do you know who links them all?" "Him" And Bond is talking about Oberhauser!!

In the trailer I'm pretty sure bond say's "me".
  • Yes its an example of a trailer manipulating dialogue for a different effect. Bond saying "me" was not in the film though.

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Hinx's killing of the Spanish agent is not shown like the trailer.

What do you mean the ones listed on the main site?
    MI6-HQ.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I need to get my hands on the full love scene between Bond and Lucia.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    yogi1 wrote: »
    ggl007 wrote: »
    "Me"

In the trailer I'm pretty sure bond say's "me".
    You're right. I'm talking about the film version
    ;)
    doubleoego wrote: »
    I need to get my hands on the full love scene between Bond and Lucia.

Is it censored where you are?
    I know where to get it, along with the 4h cut of the film. Here's the link:

• At 0.45 seconds here there is a scene between M and Moneypenny that didn't make the final cut.

In fact there are some pretty dodgy leaps the film makes with the London scenes whilst Bond is in Austria. I'd imagine this scene would have smoothed out those creases.

For instance:

- Bond asks Moneypenny to look into a man called Franz Oberhauser. She basically does a Google search in her apartment.
    - Soon after we see Q is in Austria and he tells Bond that "Franz Oberhasuer is dead". Bond never confided this information with Q. I think the film is missing a scene where Moneypenny talks to Q about this. Also we've never even seen Harris and Whishaw have scene together let alone imagine them sharing such information with each other. It's only Bond who has a relationship with both independently, not together.
    - Despite this Q and Moneypenny still interrupt M's dinner with news on an investigation they have been carrying out on Spectre. At what point do they pull their resources??

Like I said clearly a few scenes were clearly trimmed out from the London sequences, and on repeat viewings it becomes more clear that the storytelling just dosen't hold up to scrutiny.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    On my second viewing, I noticed how Q insists quite a few times that Franz is dead for some reason, when in the newspaper article, it clearly states that his body wasn't recovered.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    These scenes better be on the Bluray or EON will be receiving a very unpleasant call from me.
    An extended edition would be Nice :)
    Also one I've noticed. During the final stages of filming we were given a clapperboard photo showing Birds of the West Indies in what appeared to be the re-shoot of the flat scenes. Did anyone spot it in the film?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    jake24 wrote: »
    Also one I've noticed. During the final stages of filming we were given a clapperboard photo showing Birds of the West Indies in what appeared to be the re-shoot of the flat scenes. Did anyone spot it in the film?

This was in Bond's flat? I imagine a great story behind it being there, if so.

Maybe for one year on Bond's birthday they teased him with it as a sort of gag gift or something like that. Possibly 009 gifted it to him, judging by how Bond loves to get on his nerves in SP. ;)
    jake24 wrote: »

This was in Bond's flat? I imagine a great story behind it being there, if so.

Maybe for one year on Bond's birthday they teased him with it as a sort of gag gift or something like that. Possibly 009 gifted it to him, judging by how Bond loves to get on his nerves in SP. ;)
    Could be interesting actually ;)

This was the picture:

B_6bB-mWsAArsoO.jpg
    edited February 2016 Posts: 10,586
    As expected, the DVD/Blu-ray do not contain the said deleted material, so it's unlikely these will ever see the light of day.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Annoying.
    edited February 2016 Posts: 10,586
    I don't recall this being in the film:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CbNfph2WAAEtISG.jpg
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Make sure to put that picture into a link, @jake24.

Just looks like some downtime in between shooting the train scenes to me.
    Fixed.
    I don't think it is between takes... (see the list at CJB)
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    The annoying alternate take they used in the final film when Oberhauser says "Welcome James. It's been a looong time....and finally, here we are"

The line as used in the film appeared in one of the US TV spots early on