Pierce Brosnan Not a Fan of Spectre

Comments

RC7 wrote: »
    Nice to see some level headedness in here. Brosnan was in no way harsh, just offering an opinion.

Still, I disagree with him. SP was not too long. Brosnan seems to have a short attention span.
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 503
    Just bear in mind that these quotes have probably been blown out of proportion by scummy newspapers to make a bigger deal of it than is really necessary . To be honest compared to some of the snotty reviews i've read Brosnan was quite kind about Spectre .

I actually agree with what Pierce said about the storyline , it's not great but it's far from the worst Bond storyline ( weirdly it didn't stop me enjoying the movie) The actors can only do their best with the material they are given. DAD wasn't Brosnan's fault much like QOS wasn't Daniel's.
    Brozza never got over being fired by EON more than a decade ago. :))
    No he did not and this is my point. He hasn't earned the right to complain about anyone's Bond films considering his were the worst of the entire series, and he should stay quiet.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Another Brosnan bashing thread. Unbelievable.
    He just offered his opinion, for Christ's sake.

8-| 8-| 8-|

I know ...Brosnan was both critical and complimentary... he ended his interview with positive comments.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    He hasn't earned the right to complain about anyone's Bond films

In that case then neither have we.

• edited November 2015 Posts: 2,341
    :)
    Another pointless thread........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    He hasn't earned the right to complain about anyone's Bond films

In that case then neither have we.

Hear hear!
    Nothing wrong with what Brosnan said. He, like any other member of the audience, saw the film and offered his opinion when asked. Even went out of his way to compliment Craig for his work in both this film and his tenure as a whole. Nothing wrong with that at all.
    The_Reaper wrote:
    I used to defend him at times but this makes me lose some respect for him. Sure, he's entitled to his opinion, but maybe he shuts the hell up about Daniel Craig's Bond from now on, yeah? He should take a page from Sir Roger Moore's book about not saying anything unless you have something nice to say, especially towards a franchise that made you a huge star.

http://www.denofgeek.us/movies/james-bond/250638/former-bond-pierce-brosnan-cool-toward-spectre

Having just re watched Spectre and really enjoyed it, I totally agree with you.

As the star of what I personally regard as the four worst films in the entire series, Brosnan is in no position to start slagging off the Craig movies, or any of the other Bond films frankly. He should keep his artistic views on this subject to himself, as everything he says only invites comparison with the dreck that appeared in.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    No he did not and this is my point. He hasn't earned the right to complain about anyone's Bond films considering his were the worst of the entire series, and he should stay quiet.
    TROLLS---1992-008.jpg
  • 1) It wasn't at all negative.
    2) What he said was 100% correct.
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 11,189
    Getafix wrote: »
    The_Reaper wrote:
    I used to defend him at times but this makes me lose some respect for him. Sure, he's entitled to his opinion, but maybe he shuts the hell up about Daniel Craig's Bond from now on, yeah? He should take a page from Sir Roger Moore's book about not saying anything unless you have something nice to say, especially towards a franchise that made you a huge star.

http://www.denofgeek.us/movies/james-bond/250638/former-bond-pierce-brosnan-cool-toward-spectre

Having just re watched Spectre and really enjoyed it, I totally agree with you.

As the star of what I personally regard as the four worst films in the entire series, Brosnan is in no position to start slagging off the Craig movies, or any of the other Bond films frankly. He should keep his artistic views on this subject to himself, as everything he says only invites comparison with the dreck that appeared in.

He HAS been critical of his own movies in the past as well as his portrayal of Bond. Why does that mean he still shouldn't express his view when asked? He is still a very popular Bond after all whether you like him or not.

Personally, while I really liked a lot of the film, I thought the last 20 minutes were the weakest section of SP so what he says has a little bit of merit IMO.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Getafix is just mad Pierce didn't give him his autograph. That's why he has an obsessive hatred of the man. :))
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 11,189
    I will be a bit critical of Pierce and say that I think sometimes he does try a little too hard in interviews to project a sense of grandeur in his answers:

“[Spectre] is neither fish nor fowl. It’s neither Bond nor Bourne"

This phrase comes to mind. It sounds flowery and doesn't really mean anything.
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 725
    Most of the posts are ignoring the most important point - he made these comments just as the film is going into its most critical BO period. It needs all the help it can get to get to 900m let alone 1b. He's press savy and he knew his comments would go viral with "Brosnan bashes SP," "SP is weak" type headlines and it could hurt the film. Of course he is entitled to his opinions, but it would have been a lot wiser to wait until the film had been out a few months. Brosnan is always dicking around with EON over the fact he was fired. He's still bitter. He should have waited.
    Somehow though I don't think his views will seriously impact SP's run at the BO. His comments may grab a reader's attention but I doubt they will honestly deter people from seeing the film.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    This is a misquote Brosnan was actually talking about Die Another Day =))
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    This is such a petty complaint. I actually laughed at "Brosnan hasn't earned the right to criticize Craig's movies." Pathetic.
    edited November 2015 Posts: 16,330
    Sark wrote: »
    This is such a petty complaint. I actually laughed at "Brosnan hasn't earned the right to criticize Craig's movies." Pathetic.
    I had a good laugh too. I bet if Sean said he hated it, some people would get mad and call him senile. 8-|
  • ForYourEyesOnlyForYourEyesOnly In the untained cradle of the heavens
    There's nothing wrong about this, lol. Roger Moore claimed that watching QoS was like some poorly-edited ad.
    No, but people saying Pierce should keep his mouth shut because he didn't like it very much is uncalled for. He has opinions, just like us.
    edited November 2015 Posts: 1,984
    That's what I said. My original post was in reference to the topic, not any of the other posts here.
    There's nothing wrong about this, lol. Roger Moore claimed that watching QoS was like some poorly-edited ad.

Roger has earned the right to say whatever he wants. Sean too.

Brozza appeared in the biggest Turkey of them all, so is not well placed to criticise other people's Bond films.

And the Bourne comment shows how clueless he is. CR and QoS in particular were Bond's response to Bourne. The Mendes films are Nolan tributes.
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    You mean "earned the privilege". Rights aren't earned.

What have you done to earn the privilege of criticizing Brosnan's films?
    edited November 2015 Posts: 1,984
    @Getafix You don't need privileges to offer your opinion on somebody's work, lol. What Brosnan says is just what he says.
  • Getafix wrote: »
    Brozza appeared in the biggest Turkey of them all, so is not well placed to criticise other people's Bond films.

Brosnan wasn't in Quantum of Solace.

• Thunderball007Thunderball007 United States
    This is a misquote Brosnan was actually talking about Die Another Day =))

LOL! Nice!

=))
    Getafix wrote: »

Brosnan wasn't in Quantum of Solace.

Or The Living Daylights. :P
This discussion has been closed.