Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    bondjames wrote: »
    da na nanana na

???

http://picosong.com/bm2Y/
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    IGUANNA wrote: »
    Newman blew away with Spectere, all his recurring themes took it to the level that even I canoto touch as I dabble away on my piano learning christmas tunes eatering toblerone and learning how to ski. He makes the perfect soundtrack not just for my day today, but also for Bonds highs and lows and his big old rivalry with Brofeld. I make it a mission to listen to every cue of Specrte, twice a day liked I used to with Skyfall. These tunes reveal themselves to be extremely caliber when stacked against ancient techno beats from David Arnold. David is David, and Newman is Goliath so go score Zoolander and leave beloved Bond alone at least unti l Craig is done please. Thommy Newman has the same things as Barry; a European style of theme-based scoring. Everyone gets his due his musicial due due.

Are you feeling alright?
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    all his recurring themes took it to the level that even I canoto touch as I dabble away on my piano learning christmas tunes eatering toblerone and learning how to ski.

Waah?! :-O
    :) No not really but thank you for the message how are you? I am feeling romantic.

Listen to Moneypenny's theme again. It has a kinky flair to it that only Barry brought in spades.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    :) No not really but thank you for the message how are you? I am feeling romantic.

How is the skiing going?
    Thank you for the message. Everytime I reach the bottom of the hill I lose my balance and my legs fall apart but. at least I am trying unlinke Daniel Craig did in Spectre haha lol. But to get back on topic I don't care if Thomas Newman can ski anyway because he has it down all day. Feel free to send me a friend Mendes4.
    The lack of skiing in SP was a major disappointment to me.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Getafix wrote: »
    The lack of skiing in SP was a major disappointment to me.
    I thought the oversize sledge was a nice new winter sports discipline. Wonder at what ski resort you can rent those? and I take it the steering is strictly through the engines? Pity Bond isn't that good with those, he crashed his.
    Same for me I made a post about the secret reason why and it was closed. Could be because I don't post a lot. I like to imagine every day of the week has a differnet theme song and today it's that one track of mine from Angels in Heaven or whatever it was called I believe the track is called Antartica by Thommy Newman.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Much of the work Newman did for SF and SP is masterful. It's a total head-scratcher that so many fans on here dislike his scores.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    TripAces wrote: »
    Much of the work Newman did for SF and SP is masterful. It's a total head-scratcher that so many fans on here dislike his scores.

Some of SF is very good: parts of the PTS, the scene where they approach the island on the yacht and of course Tennyson.

I'm struggling to come with a single example for SP though.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    My problem with them is that they aren't very memorable or stand out artistically. They are just too generic as Bond scores. Just average.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Given that Newman and Mendes come as a package how do people feel about one returning meaning the other comes back too?

Do we have enough faith in Mendes that we are prepared to put up with another feeble Newman effort?

Coversely are some people so anti Newman they would be let Mendes go as well?

And of course there's always those who fall into the third category and want shot of them both.

Personally I'm not wild about Mendes and I really want to see the back of Newman but I feel Mendes is an
    intelligent guy who would want to put right the mistakes of SP and go out on a high and I think he's done enough in his films to deserve that chance. Plus I think DC is keen on him to stay.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited November 2015 Posts: 4,554

Some of SF is very good: parts of the PTS, the scene where they approach the island on the yacht and of course Tennyson.

These were the highlights for me:

1. The fusion of Latin rhythms and the Bond theme for the PTS.
    2. The choral music in the car chase.
    3. Madeleine's theme.
    4. Secret Room
    5. Donna Lucia
    6. The "Crows Klinik" track

But if we're talking a director/composer change, I'm sure David Fincher/Trent Reznor-Atticcus Ross would blow the lid off the thing. \:D/
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?

These were the highlights for me:

1. The fusion of Latin rhythms and the Bond theme for the PTS.
    2. The choral music in the car chase.
    3. Madeleine's theme.
    4. Secret Room
    5. Donna Lucia
    6. The "Crows Klinik" track

But if we're talking a director/composer change, I'm sure David Fincher/Trent Reznor-Atticcus Ross would blow the lid off the thing. \:D/
    Agree 100% with your selection of musical highlights from SP, as well as suggesting Trent/Fincher. Just thinking about it has me feeling goosebumps. Watch TGWTDT titles to get an example of the kind of genius they could bring.
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 11,425
    Given that Newman and Mendes come as a package how do people feel about one returning meaning the other comes back too?

Do we have enough faith in Mendes that we are prepared to put up with another feeble Newman effort?

Coversely are some people so anti Newman they would be let Mendes go as well?

And of course there's always those who fall into the third category and want shot of them both.

Personally I'm not wild about Mendes and I really want to see the back of Newman but I feel Mendes is an
    intelligent guy who would want to put right the mistakes of SP and go out on a high and I think he's done enough in his films to deserve that chance. Plus I think DC is keen on him to stay.

After SF I was in the 'get rid of both of them' camp, but Mendes redeemed himself somewhat with SP, in my eyes at least. Newman didn't redeem himself but I found his SP score less bad for some reason.

Ideally I think I'd still prefer a new director, but the thing is, I know how badly wrong things can go, and Mendes is a safe, if flawed, pair of hands. Even though I don't like SF, I put it in the 'valiant and ambitious failure' category, rather than 'outright stinker' one. And I'd prefer to see someone really trying hard and failing as director, rather than witnessing Bond re-enter the directorial merrygoround and creative abyss into which he descended during the Brosnan era.

I do think though, that thanks to Craig and Mendes, EON could actually have the pick now of many of the worlds best directors.

If only they could sort the writing out!