Your Favorite Films?

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @chrisisall, with the same premise, or just the director in general?
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @chrisisall, with the same premise, or just the director in general?
    Imagine something like this, directed by John McTiernan:
    Bond goes undercover to track the murderer of a Middle Eastern oil sheik and discovers a conspiracy of quantum proportions that plays out in a claustrophobic undersea drilling platform a' la Ten Little Indians with a Die Hard twist.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    You just really can't beat 'Die Hard' anymore. No matter how many times I watch it, I never find myself complaining - only wishing that more action films of today were like this.
    Yeah...LIKE DIE HARD 5!
    :P
    Interesting, @chrisisall. Why hasn't McTiernan worked on anything in the past ten years? Is it because of his last few bland projects?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Interesting, @chrisisall. Why hasn't McTiernan worked on anything in the past ten years? Is it because of his last few bland projects?

Apparently he is a jailbird.
    Makes sense, I never knew that. Looking it up now, but not seeing anything; when he is slated for release?
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Some artists burn out, blow all their creative energy in a few projects, get involved in drugs or bad relationships, or just get tired IMO.
    Or that.
    [-X
    chrisisall wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Some artists burn out, blow all their creative energy in a few projects, get involved in drugs or bad relationships, or just get tired IMO.
    Or that.
    [-X

Quite true, @chrisisall, it is sad to say. My friend and I seem to always have talks about creative people we love that have lost what seems to be either their inspiration, talent, mind or all of the above.
    Wiretapping and his ex-wife, apparently. Such a shame. He went out on a bad note with both 'Rollerball' and 'Basic': the former was terrible, and the second I haven't heard many good things about. I really enjoyed his take on 'The Thomas Crown Affair,' though.
    I didn't know he directed the Brosnan Thomas Crown. Another film I need to see stat.
    edited March 2013 Posts: 40,474
    I didn't know he directed the Brosnan Thomas Crown. Another film I need to see stat.

The chemistry between Brosnan and Russo in that film was excellent. I quite enjoyed it. The late 90's/early-to-mid 2000's was a great time for Brosnan's non-Bond films, such as 'The Matador,' 'The Thomas Crown Affair,' and one of my favorites, 'The Tailor of Panama.' Such an excellent character in that, and you have to add that to your list, as well, if you've yet to see it.

In fact, it may be on my top five.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    The chemistry between Brosnan and Russo in that film was excellent. I quite enjoyed it. The late 90's/early-to-mid 2000's was a great time for Brosnan's non-Bond films, such as 'The Matador,' 'The Thomas Crown Affair,' and one of my favorites, 'The Tailor of Panama.' Such an excellent character in that, and you have to add that to your list, as well, if you've yet to see it.
    Seraphim Falls was also amazing, with Liam Neeson.
    Yes it was, I totally forgot about that, @chrisisall. Great pairing. While most people hated it, I quite enjoyed 'Remember Me' - the ending is tear-inducing - and it was nice seeing Pattinson flex some acting chops outside of 'Twilight,' a series which needs absolutely zero acting skills.
    Now I'm tearing up remembering it. How un-manly of me.... :O
    chrisisall wrote:

The ending? Oh, don't worry, I'm right there with you. Gets me every single time. Chills, tears, the whole lot. It's wild.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    chrisisall wrote:

The ending? Oh, don't worry, I'm right there with you. Gets me every single time. Chills, tears, the whole lot. It's wild.

MUST SEE THIIIIIIS!
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, please do! Lots of great acting in the film, very touching movie, I thought. Keep that high up on your Must See list!
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, please do! Lots of great acting in the film, very touching movie, I thought. Keep that high up on your Must See list!
    @Creasy47, let's not oversell the flick here; it might not live up to our hype for some! It's a small, intimate film that will undoubtedly appeal to a select audience. That said, I *HAD* to own it.
    B-)
    @chrisisall, fair enough, fair enough! I agree. I see it as an overlooked, emotional movie with some solid acting and great relationships. I, too, had to own it, and while I've yet to watch my blu-ray copy of it, I'll be sure to save a lonely Saturday night to do so.

Another really emotional movie that does make my top five is 'Man On Fire.' Have you seen that? One of the late, great Tony Scott's best.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Another really emotional movie that does make my top five is 'Man On Fire.' Have you seen that? One of the late, great Tony Scott's best.
    Honestly, I read the reviews and was not ready for a tear-jerker at that time, but I love Tony's work (Last Boyscout is a fave, along with True Romance), so I guess I'll have to get to it....
    I definitely felt like it was a tear-jerker at numerous times. The ending makes me cry like a baby, I'll admit. If you've seen 'Domino,' you'll notice the soundtrack and editing style are incredibly similar, it's insane. Almost like a totally unrelated sequel.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    If you've seen 'Domino,'
    Holy crap, Batman, another I REALLY need to see!!!
    chrisisall wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    If you've seen 'Domino,'
    Holy crap, Batman, another I REALLY need to see!!!

I remember enjoying the style, but I have not seen that film in a loooong, long time. I really don't remember much from it. I only recall one very cool scene where:
    Domino and her bounty hunting gang go to capture a criminal, and when they find themselves outmanned in a tight-knit, inevitable gun battle, she defuses the situation by stripping for one of the criminals. Great scene.

Creasy47 wrote:
    Domino and her bounty hunting gang go to capture a criminal, and when they find themselves outmanned in a tight-knit, inevitable gun battle, she defuses the situation by stripping for one of the criminals. Great scene.
    I'm gonna buy it!!!!!
    Tell me your thoughts. Tony Scott's style is amazing - though irritating to some - and it's another reason 'Man On Fire' finds a spot on my Top Five.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    You just really can't beat 'Die Hard' anymore. No matter how many times I watch it, I never find myself complaining - only wishing that more action films of today were like this.

Me and you agree! I heard the new one is awful
    @Batman23, yeah, all I've heard from 'A Good Day To Die Hard' is trash, and I've no interest in seeing it until it hits Redbox in a few months for $1.20 and some tax.
  • Creasy47 wrote:
    Tell me your thoughts. Tony Scott's style is amazing - though irritating to some - and it's another reason 'Man On Fire' finds a spot on my Top Five.

Man on fire....awesome acting...awesome film.

Looking forward to gijoe and red 2.

Current top 5.

Wages of Fear
    The third man
    French connection 1 & 2
    Heart of darkness
    The man who wasn't there

• TOFANA007TOFANA007 Banned
    Hey guys Tafana checkin in. Herees my top 5

TO LIVE AND DIE IN L.A.
    THE FRENCH CONNECTION (like a lotof cop movvies if you cant tell)
    48 HRS
    GODZILLA RETURNS
    PULLP FICTION

all clasics to this DAY!!!
    @TOFANA007, I love 'Pulp Fiction.' I'm a huge fan of Quentin Tarantino, and I finally saw 'Jackie Brown' for the first time a few weeks ago and loved it. Have you seen it?