Connery vs. Moore

Comments

FYEO would then be Dalton's debut
    Wow, that really shifts my attitude towards FYEO! It's no secret that I don't like FYEO as it is. But with Dalton in the role, now that could be something! I imagine it to be a bit TLD-esque in tone. They would have done away with all the ridiculous gags--which in my view do jeopardize the consistency of the film.

• PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    FYEO would then be Dalton's debut
    Wow, that really shifts my attitude towards FYEO! It's no secret that I don't like FYEO as it is. But with Dalton in the role, now that could be something! I imagine it to be a bit TLD-esque in tone. They would have done away with all the ridiculous gags--which in my view do jeopardize the consistency of the film.

I tend to see TLD as FYEO done my way(with John Barry music, a lead actor better suited to a Fleming-ish type Bond, more chemistry between Bond and the leading lady and a more exciting final 1/3).

• DN > LALD (Nearly 50 yearson, and still entertaining)
    FRWL > TMWTGG (Classic Bond)
    GF > TSWLM (An Ultimate Bond adventure)
    TB > MR (Both not my 'great' bond films, but atleast TB has a great first 3 quarters)
    YOLT > FYEO (I enjoy both, but i think YOLT is slightly better)
    OP > DAF (Not a fan of DAF)
    AVTAK > NSNA (I think AVTAK is a great movie and always has the on-the-edge of your seat moment ontop of the golden gate bridge scene)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Can't wait to get into the Dalton films again. Haven't seen either in quite some time, finishing up OP tonight, getting through AVTAK, and then I'm good.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited August 2011 Posts: 28,694
    Is this thread a joke? Come on, It's an obvious choice my friends! Just look at him:

How many people do you know that look that badass in that pose? Bow to the King! ^:)^
    Haha, that picture is excellent.
  • Better question. How many people can be in their 80s in still look badass?
    @DoubleOhhSeven, good question, indeed. Sean's the best.
  • do_me_nicelydo_me_nicely Banned
    edited August 2011 Posts: 106
    Coneery could play Bond again ?? \:D/
    He looks good then Daniel.......... ?
    back on topic , Moore wipes the floor for him \m/ Every Time .
    @do_me_nicely, Connery most certainly could not play Bond again. The man is 80 years old.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    It could work @Creasy. Bond, out of shape and In retirement is sent to a retirement home in the Bahamas secretly run by SPECTRE. While there Bond must avoid expired Bran flakes and prunes, defend himself with only a hearing aid and his walker, thwart the guards in the complex whose sole job it is to turn the TV channels, and most importantly, Bond must bed a Bond girl(granny??) without overclocking his heart. I can see the EON tagline now: 'With age comes wisdom. With danger comes Bond'. Wow. I have to stop. It would be great though...... :-D
    @0Brady, fantastic idea! The showdown could be between Bond and his bed, which is extremely comfortable and he can't seem to resist. Maybe have a nail-biting climax between Bond and the other folk in a game of Go Fish.
    Exactly. Bond had already led an escape plan that was thwarted and he got his eating privileges taken away and must resort to getting food scraps bartered off by other retirees in the Go Fish game a la CR in a way. If he faltered for a second he would say: "I'm not getting a bite". Later on Felix and Moneypenny would show up after Bond finally finds out that the complex is of SPECTRE's control. How does he find out? During a walk around the outer courtyard he spots the name of the complex in large, albeit red, letters: Sunshine Passages Elderly Complex for Tired and Retired Elders. Bond then manages to get a phone call to MI6 and Langley by bedding a nurse who keeps an eye on calls made to the retirement complex. With a nod to the girl he says: "I may not move like I used to, but when I need to, I'll RISE to the occasion." Felix is inserted in place and he and Bond work to escape by rallying the other elders. With canes in hand Bond and Felix charge into the courtyard and have a large YOLT esque battle(without the volcano fortress) while Moneypenny sends in Bond's illegitimate children from his sexcapades with Honey, Tatiana, Domino, Pussy(It's ironic these days)and Tiffany. Suddenly Bond and Blofeld meet amid the battle and exchange puffs and wheezes as a fight ensues. The old Bond themes of the Connery films play in the background until both of them are on the ground fighting with all that's left in their bodies' reserves. Then, for no reason Bond questions Blofeld as to why he didn't just kill him when he arrived so none of Blofeld's plans would be foiled and he would save a lot of money. Blofeld didn't really know himself, shouts and points to a random statue in the courtyard, and amid the further confusion as usually happens between villainous plots and Bond, the two continue to struggle. Bond then suddenly remembers that Blofeld is lactose intolerant(we don't know how he knows, but by this point, who cares?!) and sees his aged white cat laying on the grass lapping out of a saucer of milk. Bond throws Blofeld off with a strength he should have used five minutes ago when he was being strangled and gets the milk, spilling the contents down Blofeld's throat. With one last snigger, Bond turns to his dying archenemy and says: "It looks like you've expired". Blofeld silently dies and Bond falls limp over the corpse. A month later Bond is recovered and with Felix, Moneypenny, his kids, and his past flings(Honey,Tatiana,Domino,Pussy,Tiffany) at an MI6 sanctioned complex for Bond and visting company exclusively. A photo op is taken by a majestic golden statue of Bond in his better years. An eyebrow is raised tout above one eye of the statue in classic Connery Bond fashion. Bond then lives the rest of his days fully retired after Blofeld was killed and SPECTRE was completely wiped out by old age and cancer. The film ends with Bond reading past MI6 files about his missions to his kids while his ladies smile and look on. Finally closing the last of the files, Bond turns to the screen and says: "And I lived happily ever after." The screen turns black, and you hear Bond faintly call to the women: "I've got a little more left in me, and we could have a hell of a fun time ladies?" He is shushed and told not to speak of such things in front of the kids. A masterpiece finishes and credits roll. What do you think? I'm surprised I took the time to write all this but I just couldn't stop. :-D
    Man, that is a dark story. So is this what I'm getting in theaters next November? If so, bring on 2012!
    Fantestic idea , brady !!!!!!!
    Connery not be old . Thats rediculous spam to say , did you look for the picture before ?? :-D
    I've had that picture saved on my laptop and have been itching to use it @do_me_nicely. I am overjoyed to share its epicness(I don't think that's a word???).
    edited August 2011 Posts: 106
    It is , I looked up :O
    But now..... can Moore wipe a floor for Connery ??
    Me , I say.. YES
    X(
    HA HA HA HA HA! Never ever @do_me_nicely. Try and find an equally epic picture of Moore to match the behemoth I posted above. Good luck. You'll need it!
    :-))

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    DN beats LALD
    FRWL beats TMWTGG
    GF beats TSWLM
    TB beats MR
    YOLT beats FYEO
    DAF loses to OP

5-1 win to Connery. However, Connery's performances in all his EON Bond movies beats all of Moore's imho.
  • edited August 2011 Posts: 19,339
    HA HA HA HA HA! Never ever @do_me_nicely. Try and find an equally epic picture of Moore to match the behemoth I posted above. Good luck. You'll need it!
    :-))

Sir Roger doesn't need to look tough,his natural charm always wins the day :

imagehttp://www.saint.org/blog/uploaded_images/roger-moore-pool-blonde-german-tv-770724.jpg
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Do_me_nicely your point is ?? Moore isn't going to stay in top-shape for 50+ years...
    You can't compare the awesomeness of Connery's flexing while clothed to Roger, on a beach, in a towel. You tend to compare things a lot that really shouldn't be compared. I'm sure if Rog was wearing a suit and flexing, it would be equally cool.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Most people aged 80 would look like that on a beach in a towel... even Connery. He may be flexing, but if you'd see him in a towel, he'd have the same manboobs and fat... What matters is that Moore CARES about the franchise, unlike Connery who retired in the Bahamas. Moore is a greater human being than the other 5 Bond's, and than most people in the world.
    edited August 2011 Posts: 40,473
    Indeed, @DaltonCraig007. I was just saying if Rog was in an equal pose as Connery, it would look equally cool. So, if Connery was unwillingly photographed while wearing a towel on a beach, he would look just like Rog does. You can't really compare those pictures like do_me_nicely did, only the men's attitudes and careers. And, like you said, Moore is much better in terms of the franchise. Much, much better.

Speaking of Moore, has anyone heard of the comedy 'Boat Trip', starring Cuba Gooding Jr. and Horatio Sanz? It's one of those cheaply made comedies that goes straight-to-DVD and everyone seems to hate but me. I found it hilarious. Anyway, Roger Moore plays a gay war veteran in that movie, and he had me in stitches every time he was on screen. If you love Moore and haven't seen it, give it a shot sometime. You get to hear him call himself a "badass mother****er".
    Most people aged 80 would look like that on a beach in a towel... even Connery. He may be flexing, but if you'd see him in a towel, he'd have the same manboobs and fat... What matters is that Moore CARES about the franchise, unlike Connery who retired in the Bahamas. Moore is a greater human being than the other 5 Bond's, and than most people in the world.
    Listen @DC007, the fact that Connery retired to the Bahamas has no connection to his care of the Bond franchise. And Connery didn't go there by choice. He is in the Bahamas until Scotland becomes completely independent, because he is willing/and has made a great effort to make Scotland free. And I hope this picture of Connery in an "easy" pose suits you. Connery doesn't go out on beaches in view of photographers these days.

Batten down the hatches...
    Perhaps it's where one joined the series. For me it was Dr. No, which firmly established Connery as JB. I always liked the cool detachment of Connery's Bond, the idea that he actually did look dangerous. In particular, I always liked SC's facial expressions, whereas RM's always seemed studied, mocking, never threatening. For me, RM has always been JB lite. Never really serious about being Bond, which is why Craig is a welcome addition.
    Moore doesn't have a chance!

Sean