I've never noticed that before...

Comments

• PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    I always heard it was his stuntman and not Roger himself.
    I always heard it was his stuntman and not Roger himself.

It looks like him ,thought it might be an in-joke...i cant see what a stuntman would be doing there...
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    If I recall correctly in the TMWTGG commentary, Roger said he was the cowboy. Roger's stuntman played Lt. Toro in the PTS of Octopussy.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Murdock wrote: »
    If I recall correctly in the TMWTGG commentary, Roger said he was the cowboy. Roger's stuntman played Lt. Toro in the PTS of Octopussy.

Sounds like a load of bull.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    And his Body double from his days on the Saint, came out of retirement to do it.
    Murdock wrote: »

I didnt know that @Murdock ,it's just what i have seen with my own eyes over the years ..!!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I often return to parts of SP to watch them for enjoyment, and doing the rounds I found a detail I'd never seen before in one clip. While Bond is seducing Lucia, there's a moment starting around 2:10 in this video where you can see a tear start to glisten in her eye and fall down her cheek as she discusses her husband and the power of SPECTRE:

I'm not sure if this was a purposeful move on the part of Monica that was directed by Mendes or an accident as she got into character and felt connected to Lucia's fear and pain, but otherwise it gives us an interesting insight into her character and her mixed emotions. Lucia hated her husband, but without him she's now risking death, causing a bittersweet turmoil inside of her that reveals itself in the tear. Much like Madeleine and her view of White, they both hate and miss the men that've departed from them at the same time, albeit for different reasons, which makes for an interesting sub-theme of the film.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Acting at it's finest...
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I noticed that tear upon my first theatre viewing. It didn't do much for me personally, but it was certainly different & interesting.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    She was raped by Bond, hence the tears.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Noticed it on first viewing. Hope it was real, as it shows some great acting. Although these days it may have been a bit of CGI
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    I just noticed this:

In YOLT, when Bond encounters Blofeld, the cat jumps from Blofeld's arms and coils itself around a henchman's legs. We cut to close-up of Bond and then back to the long shot: the cat is suddenly gone.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    TripAces wrote: »
    I just noticed this:

In YOLT, when Bond encounters Blofeld, the cat jumps from Blofeld's arms and coils itself around a henchman's legs. We cut to close-up of Bond and then back to the long shot: the cat is suddenly gone.

Yeah, that cat was a real riot. I wonder what it must've been thinking, with all those explosions and smoke wafting through the set, with all the shaking and sparks around it.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    I just noticed this:

Yeah, that cat was a real riot. I wonder what it must've been thinking, with all those explosions and smoke wafting through the set, with all the shaking and sparks around it.

The poor thing was probably terrified!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    It certainly was. It was so scared in fact, it climbed it's way into the rafters of that Volcano set.
    I just noticed this:

If there is a better sign of this out there than the shot of Pleasence's arm being shredded by its claws, I've not seen it.
  • TripAces wrote: »
    I just noticed this:

Yes, Donald Pleasance never fully recovered from the experience. Hence the stilted delivery and vacant-eyed performances that defined the rest of his career.
    edited May 2017 Posts: 28,694
    I just noticed this:

Yes, Donald Pleasance never fully recovered from the experience. Hence the stilted delivery and vacant-eyed performances that defined the rest of his career.

@Some_Kind_Of_Hero, WAIT. So you mean to say that while playing Dr. Loomis in the Halloween films, the fear and dread Pleasence exuded wasn't derived from his pure talent and connection to the script's material, but by his flashbacks dealing with that hair-trigger cat?

woah.gif

This changes everything, and the news has resulted in two separate time periods in my life. The time before I knew the truth of Pleasence's acting, and the time after I knew the truth. Everything has changed utterly, a terrible beauty is born.
    I've just noticed that Naomi in TSWLM is the first woman in the Bond films that Bond kills.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Birdleson wrote: »
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    I've just noticed that Naomi in TSWLM is the first woman in the Bond films that Bond kills.

You could say Fiona.

But Bond didn't actually kill her Fiona...did he? I guess it is open to debate.
    Is that really the case? Wow, I never noticed that either. 10 films in for that to happen. He didn't even get to sleep with her, despite eyeing her up and down a few times, to Anya's annoyance.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    tanaka123 wrote: »

You could say Fiona.

But Bond didn't actually kill her Fiona...did he? I guess it is open to debate.

It's always difficult to determine the culprit of killing in situations like TB, where Bond doesn't directly kill Fiona as he did, say, Elektra, but his actions in the moment did lead to Fiona's death nonetheless. Because Fiona would've lived without Bond's actions, I think it's pretty safe to say that he killed her far more than he didn't. Her underlings supplied the bullet, but it was Bond who used the path of that bullet to serve his own ends, concluding Fiona's life.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I've just noticed I don't fully understand why 'Risico' is a title? I love it, I just don't get how it makes sense to the story?
    edited May 2017 Posts: 23,883
    I believe Fiona was killed in self defense. Bond had no choice. Kill or be killed. He had no weapon and had to use his smarts.

He certainly had a choice when he took out Naomi. If I remember correctly, she didn't even know where the car was at the time, and was hovering over the water looking for it when he fired the missile.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I've just noticed I don't fully understand why 'Risico' is a title? I love it, I just don't get how it makes sense to the story?

I believe it's one of Columbo's lines: "In this pizness there is much risico..."
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Yeah, I was going to quote the short story, too. Does it need more than that?
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    I never wondered about the title "Risico" since the German word for risk or hazard is "Risiko". I just realised for the first time I don't know what language "risico" is meant to be. The Italian word is rischio, the Spanish, riesgo, it's riesque in French and risco in Portuguese. The only language where it's actually "risico" is Dutch. So what lingo is the short-story Columbo using?
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 4,325
    Risico perhaps takes a while to get going but Fleming's descriptions of the locales are enjoyable as usual although his attempts at regional lingo (it's set in Italy)- 'In this piznizz is much risico' - don't always work terribly well.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    I never wondered about the title "Risico" since the German word for risk or hazard is "Risiko". I just realised for the first time I don't know what language "risico" is meant to be. The Italian word is rischio, the Spanish, riesgo, it's riesque in French and risco in Portuguese. The only language where it's actually "risico" is Dutch. So what lingo is the short-story Columbo using?

What @Tanaka says. When you try to get an accent in writing you have to do it phonetically. Hence Risico. Well done about the spelling in those langauges though!
    Apologies if this has already been mentioned. I was watching "The Living Daylights" today and in the scene in Austria right after Bond's car self destructs he turns to Kara and says "Glad I insisted you brought that cello" but he didn't. Bond was pretty visibly annoyed when Kara insisted she go back for the cello. This kind of comes across as an insignificant little throw away line but it's very revealing. I guess it's easier for Bond to pretend bringing the cello was his idea all along than to give credit where it's due.