"Name That Quote"

Comments

JWESTBROOK wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    You're trying to mislead me, and I'm not going to get it. Good luck everyone else.

That is the fun of the game. There is no sense in quitting, as any guess is a good guess or at least an effort.

Well I looked it up, so I'd rather not say ;)

^#(^
    That's no fun...

Well in hindsight, I would never have gotten it. Not one in the series I've seen too much, oddly.
    Where's the sense in looking things up. Beats the whole object of these rounds

I should know it, and I can't quite think what it is. You pointed out it's a line out of License to Kill but still no nearer to a resolvement. Is it Bouvier to Bond after the Bimini bar incident and they're adrift at sea. I don't know. Other than that, can't remember any talk like that with Sanchez so went with something different
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Where's the sense in looking things up. Beats the whole object of these rounds

I should know it, and I can't quite think what it is. You pointed out it's a line out of License to Kill but still no nearer to a resolvement. Is it Bouvier to Bond after the Bimini bar incident and they're adrift at sea. I don't know. Other than that, can't remember any talk like that with Sanchez so went with something different

That isn't it either.

By the way, I didn't say it was in LTK. I said it wasn't in that moment, meaning the quote was from one of the many other moments in any of the films in the franchise. Sorry for the bad wording on my part.
    No need to apologize, but that was the way it appeared. May as well have another attempt as it's not restricted to just one Bond release

What was the quote again - what exactly do you do ?

Damn it, is it Christmas Jones to Bond in The World Is Not Enough, sometime after she realizes he's not Doctor Arkov and wants to know specifically what it is he does. May have been when the pipline was attacked, further through the movie, and Bond explains that King thinks they're dead now ?

Getting in a muddle now. I think it's from TWINE in any event. Can't quite pinpoint whereabouts though. It does sound like a Brosnan quote come to think of it. Hopefully that at least gave someone a shove in the right direction or they can put this to bed
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited April 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Not that moment either, @Baltimore. Keeping thinking; I am about to retire for the night.
    Patt to Bond in Thunderball?
    He responds "I travel, a bit of a licenced troubleshooter" and then he gives a wee giggle that isvery out of character for 007!
    Bloody hell...

...the village fool got it...

Fleming help us all.

shoot-me.gif
    LOL, no worries luvvies.
    I watched THUNDERBALL just today.
    I'll take it seriously.
    Next up:
    In what film, and by whom, is this said?
    "To the Penny, number one."
    LOL, no worries luvvies.
    I watched THUNDERBALL just today.
    I'll take it seriously.
    Next up:
    In what film, and by whom, is this said?
    "To the Penny, number one."
    Or you Googled it. Wouldn't surprise me to be honest.

Blofeld in Thunderball?
    You're half right.
    Keep trying.
    And why is it so hard to believe I watched Thunderball today?
    I have a lot of time on my hands, I have the 50th Blu Ray, and I love seeing Seanie shirtless and sweaty :))
    I'm a Bond fan just like all of you here.
    You're half right.
    Keep trying.
    And why is it so hard to believe I watched Thunderball today?
    I have a lot of time on my hands, I have the 50th Blu Ray, and I love seeing Seanie shirtless and sweaty :))
    I'm a Bond fan just like all of you here.

Blofeld in From Russia With Love then.
    Now you're not right at all!
    Also: use your brain cells.
    Why would Blofeld say "To the penny, Number One?"
    HE is Number One.
    You have the gall to call me stupid.
    Take a look in the mirror.
    Step away from the computer or smartphone.
    Largo to Blofeld in TB. I forgot baldie was number 1.
    Oh, I get a question wrong and I'm a troll.
    I'm stupid.
    You get one wrong, and it's because "you forgot".
    Well some of us never forget.
    Flagged.
    And would Largo use American slang like "To the penny?"
    Why not drag yourself away from your rubbish Daniel Craig movies and watch a classic like Thunderball and maybe you'll learn the truth.
    And yes it's from Thunderball.
    Oh, I get a question wrong and I'm a troll.
    I'm stupid.
    You get one wrong, and it's because "you forgot".
    Well some of us never forget.
    Flagged.
    And would Largo use American slang like "To the penny?"
    Why not drag yourself away from your rubbish Daniel Craig movies and watch a classic like Thunderball and maybe you'll learn the truth.
    And yes it's from Thunderball.

I love TB, but Blofeld ends up being such a sub-standard villain in all but OHMSS, so it is easy to forget him. He is more like a Moran than Moriarty so to speak. While TB is good, it can't reach the depth of the Craig era so for that I would rather watch any of Dan's three at this time.
  • Thunderball: One of the SPECTRE agents responding to Blofeld's question that all of the funds have been accounted for when he is suspicious of embezzlement.

"To the penny, Number 1"
    "On the contrary"
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 101
    Correct @OffspringFan88.
    The floor is yours.
  • Ok, probably an easy one for all, the next one is....

"Never mind that now your here"
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    M to Bond at the Bladon Safe House in TLD when Bond arrives with the hamper from F&M.
  • Good guess, but not the one.

Keep going.
    Bond to Sylvia Trench - Dr No?
    Dalton to Maryam d'Abo.
    The Living Daylights.
    On the plane at the end.
    When he's about "to defuse a bomb" :)
    i think it was 'now that you're here' (take over) in that release. I don't remember any 'never mind' coming into play, and I've seen it enough times

Was it Lazenby in OHMSS, at the end when Tracy is rescued, and Piz Gloria is destroyed, and the Saint Bernard arrives and George asks him to fetch the brandy ?

'never mind that, fetch the brandy, five star hennessy of course' , but then again, where does the 'now you're here' come into play ?

Tricky one this
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The one thing that comes to mind is Bond asking for a tow in DN.
    I think Bond got more than a just a toe with Honey Ryder at the end of Doctor No. (apologies, couldn't resist)

In all seriousness, that's a good response. You may well have it, reading again

edited April 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Creasy47 wrote:
    The one thing that comes to mind is Bond asking for a tow in DN.

You may be on to something. It sounds like Connery...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Like I said, I feel like a part of that quote is what Connery uses in DN, but it may not be all of it, so I could be wrong.
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 102
    @Thepastykid is correct, it was indeed Bond to Sylvia in Dr No. when he's investigating who has sneaked into his room.

Over to you @Thepastykid.
    Thanks.

"Well, I'm glad we got that out of the way"