"Name That Quote"

Comments

• Then here's another guess: The astronaut at the beginning of YOLT, responding to SPECTRE's rocket?
    There's about a half dozen responses all correct, i.e - how many times in James Bond must we have heard 'What is That', but the guy is looking for one specific instance

I would of liked it to be Tanya Roberts and Moore in the shower, but looks unlikely. Still sticking with Madga and Bond (OP)
  • All good guesses but keep going.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    The cops when the find the dart in 'Charlies' head in LALD?
  • Nope, looks like i'll have to give you a clue to bump this up and keep it going, it's from the Roger Moore era
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited August 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Bond to Stacey at the mine shaft in A View To A Kill?
    I really thought I had it..

Could it be from Moonraker when Bond and Goodhead first spot the Drax Spacestation in orbit
  • Nope keep going
  • Octopussy? When Bond asks about the Octopussy tattoo?
  • Another clue, Bond does not say it.
    Complete guess here but is it corinne du four to bond in moonraker during the scene where bond breaks into Drax's safe?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I think it has to be Octopussy related.

Nuts=Peanuts-> Where do you get peanuts?->A circus!
  • Cdr_Bond wrote:
    Complete guess here but is it corinne du four to bond in moonraker during the scene where bond breaks into Drax's safe?

Ooh, possibly. I thought you meant when she says "What are you doing?!" but I think you mean when he is breaking the safe with his gadget!
    She doesn't say anything at all, just gives him a quizzical look from what I can remember

'You see?, you have a heart of gold'

It's one of these rounds again when the quote in question is mentioned more than once throughout the series that always arouses confusion, or a little irritation even

Someone said this occurs in a Moore release but spoken by someone else..

Surely wasn't Sutton when she couldn't see a big freakin' airship creeping up behind her

Wait a damn minute, I've think I've got it

It's General Gogol in The Spy Who Loved Me, when they show some diagrams on a screen with Q, Amasova and Bond. They show the microfilm and Gogol asks 'What's that'

Points please
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 102
    Well done @Baltimore_007 you got it buddy great stuff!!

It was indeed General Gogol in response to the microfilm in The Spy Who Loved Me, "Oratory, What is that?"

Over to you!
    I don't believe it. Truly a spontaneous moment of excellence

I can't go wrong with Bond quotes

Let me think..

'You can leave'
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Nick Nack in TMWTGG?
    What's this doing on page three of index, I thought this was one or two participants favorite thread?

It is not Nick Nack from Golden Gun, and I advise changing the 'leave' to 'go', was a little inebriated the other night, but it's still the same use of word basically

'You can Go', now try it
  • Oh dear, what is going on here :-S

This is still outstanding too, so I guess we can keep all these trivia rounds together?

Once again - 'You can go'

Who said it? Somebody, somewhere - knows
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Sanchez to one of his boys??
  • Sanchez had boys?

No, it's not Sanchez.

Even Benny, who is a master at these rounds, seems bemused?

I am genuinely surprised nobody has got this by now. Seriously
    Sanchez had boys?

No, it's not Sanchez.

Even Benny, who is a master at these rounds, seems bemused?

I am genuinely surprised nobody has got this by now. Seriously

I meant his henchman, not sons, if that was where you thought I was going. Sorry to lead you in the wrong direction.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 816
    The trainer to Bibi when she asks if she's allowed to go with Bond? (FYEO)
  • I know it was a reference to henchmen, just questioned the boys bit?

It seems all interest is lost in these Bond quote rounds now, so to bring this to a quick conclusion, I will add that @BondWillReturn is very close with the last response

It is from For Your Eyes Only, but not that character or scene

Almost a give away now, but this round has gone on long enough!
    Is it Q to Sharon, the Q branch girl in FYEO?
  • That is exactly it. (Q) - "It's alright Sharon, I'll lock up, You can Go" or something very similar

What I like about that scene, as Moore and Q work with the Identigraph machine to find Locque, when they first go in, there is a room full of about thirty people at work, about three minutes later, and Sharon comes in with the coffee, the place is deserted and the lights are out?!

Could be one for Bond questions, but all said, Benny got it correct and has a next turn
    Thanks @Baltimore.

Ok the new quote is....

"Any more?"

To easy.
    Benny wrote:
    Thanks @Baltimore.

Ok the new quote is....

"Any more?"

To easy.

I have a feeling it's the salesman guy at Southeby's Auction House in Octopussy, asking for any more bids on the Fabrege Egg?
    Told you it was easy. And an obvious one from yours truly.
    Over to you @00Beast.
    *BUMP*

@00Beast seems to have missed the boat here.
    First in best dressed...