Supergirl

chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
in General Movies & TV Posts: 17,691

Looks like it might turn into something interesting...

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Now, hopefully, it's tied to Arrow and Flash.
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 4,813
    She's way prettier here than in that dark ass photo they released earlier. I don't know about the show itself though... I have a feeling that my girlfriend will end up being the one who watches it around my neck of the woods, lol

I hope the Tom Welling cameo is true
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    At least her costume isn't black..
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I think it looks decent enough and it's nice to see a female-lead superhero project which looks positive and influential enough without being tacky and trashy for my daughter to watch.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Helen Slater will always be Supergirl to me!

normal_helen-slater-supergirl-1980.jpg
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Both Helen Slater and Dean Cain (L&C:NAoS) are going to be appearing in the new series.

I don't know what to make of it, just from the trailer, it looks very "light" - I'm enjoying Dare Devil, Flash, Arrow and Gotham (though I seem to be in the minority with the last) - so I'll give this a go. but it seems a little soap opera Superhero.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Watched the trailer earlier. Depite the initial cheese-iness, I thought it showed great potential. I'm confident it'll do well.

Also great to see a female fronted superhero show. I really hope it succeeds.

What a stupid movie though.
    Looks interesting, a lot was given away in that trailer thought I was watching a full episode. The actress seems good and it appears consistent with Kara El, visual affects look good for TV. Also some decent smack downs are inevitable when Kryptonians are involved ;)
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    My only problem with Supergirl is that, whenever I hear Cat Grant, I picture Tracy Scoggins from the Lois & Clark series......
    Their are some characters that I am afraid I cannot take seriously. No offense but this is one of them.
    chrisisall wrote:

Looks like it might turn into something interesting...

I just saw the video and all I can think of is: Ugly Betty.

You can guess that I am highly skeptical. Lois & Clark never did it for me, this... I am just not convinced.
    This looks interesting? Looks god awful to me!
    Ludovico wrote: »

What a stupid movie though.
    Stupid?
    Well, yeah. But lots of fun too IMHO.
    B-)
    jobo wrote: »
    This looks interesting? Looks god awful to me!

Well, actually it is inspired: imagine Ugly Betty with superpowers and... Well, errr, hum, then, you see... Okay, yes, it looks awful.
    It doesn't look that... bad... sorta...
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    It looks dreadful IMO. Poor script, bad acting. How are other people reacting?
    I'm not totally familiar with the story, the Supergirl I grew up with was the 90's comic version: the T-1000 esque humanoid that was dating the Lex Luthor clone with the bright red hair and Abe Lincoln beard (my god, when you say it out loud...)

That said, the trailer reminded me more of Princess Diaries than Supergirl
    the trailer reminded me more of Princess Diaries than Supergirl

O:-) =))
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 1,552
    So, apparently some people have been able to see the pilot episode already and we're to expect some early reviews, it should be a good indicator of what to expect.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    In all honesty, I can't think of anything I've seen in the last few years that looked worse than this, in every sense of the word. Wow.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    In all honesty, I can't think of anything I've seen in the last few years that looked worse than this, in every sense of the word. Wow.

You haven't seen Gotham, I take it?
    @Agent007391, I have not. Is it that bad?
    I enjoyed it. It had it's hits and misses, but I think the positives outweighed the negatives and I have seen a lot worse and will be watching the second season. Probably a polar opposite view to @Agent007391

My feelings on Gotham are well documented on the thread for the series, so I won't bog down this thread. Yes, it's bad.
    edited May 2015 Posts: 40,470
    Alright, I'll keep things here on topic then and go check out that thread to see why you don't care for it.

...but surely it can't be as bad as this looks...can it?

EDIT: If anyone out there is dying to know how the show is, apparently the first episode has leaked a whole six months ahead of its planned release:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/KingPatel/news/?a=120863

It's not posted there, it's just an article about it. I'm sure it wouldn't take much digging to find it, though.
    It's a Batman show without Batman. Why don't we have a RoboCop show with just regular cops in it? :-j

The only way they could turn it into anything other than a bad idea is if season 2 revolved around Bruce training over the world and season 3 introduced Batman. If nothing else the relationships with Bats would have some more backstory. Otherwise, it's a waste of a show.

As for Supergirl, I'll have to check out the pilot but it's definitely looking like it's aimed towards girl tweens...
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I sat through 4 seasons of 'The Vampire Diaries' before giving up due to it being very bad for my health (pulled all my hair and excessive cringing). I thought that show was bad, this looks even worse.
    I sat through 4 seasons of 'The Vampire Diaries' before giving up due to it being very bad for my health (pulled all my hair and excessive cringing). I thought that show was bad, this looks even worse.

Why did you sit through one minute?

Why did you sit through one minute?

Women tend to have that effect on me. I'm in the same boat as him: my girlfriend got me to sit through a few seasons of it before it clicked one day and I realized what a terrible mistake I had made.