The Crying Game

2»

Comments

• SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    edited May 2015 Posts: 2,138
    Really young memory of Jeremy Brett's Sherlock going off the top of the waterfall with moriarty. Think I was more upset it was Brett's last Sherlock. Brett was fantastic always thought he looks how Felming drew Bond one that got away.

Fleming drawing here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Bond_(literary_character)

281ahed.jpg

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Bruce Willis at the end of Armageddon. :)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    The scene of the fatal crash of Ayrton Senna at the end of the 'Senna' documentary. I had seen the crash many times on tv before, but being totally absorbed by this absolute legendary sportsman for 90 minutes, it really hit me hard and I cried like a baby for a good 30 minutes.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    TripAces wrote: »
    Tokoloshe wrote: »
    The first ten minutes of Up.

I cried like a baby in front of the whole family. The wife has never let me forget.

It wasn't the whole first ten minutes, though, right? But I know what you are talking about. Yes...touching and heart-wrenching.

A large part of why the beginning of "Up" is so emotional is due to Michael Giacchino's excellent and moving music (I think it is the track "Married Life" - it tells Carl's life's tragic story). A most outstanding soundtrack, if there ever was one.
    It doesn't belong in this thread, but many here have been saying that Michael Giacchino would be an outstanding choice for the Bond films.
    I would challenge anyone to watch the first ten minutes of Up and not be moved in some way, just superb movie making IMHO
    The ending of Excalibur made me tearful as a child, for some reason.
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 2,081
    That perfect little non-verbal moment in Warrior right after Brendan says "I love you". - I'd describe the moment instead but I'm trying to avoid spoilers... ;) Those who have seen it know what I mean: what the situation was, who he said it to and what the reaction to it was... :((
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Tuulia, I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. That is one fantastic, criminally underrated film. And yes, that scene in question is definitely a tearjerker. It's such a beautiful moment.
    @Creasy47 - H5
    edited May 2015 Posts: 2,138
    One that gets me is the Hurricane, I find it really upsetting being a true story of how law enforcement took away a man's succesfull life due to racisim, jealousy and a vendetta against Rubin Carter from when he was a boy. the film left me feeling ashamed to be white. Denzel Washington's finest piece of acting.
    I used to be tearful at the end of any King Kong movie as a child.
    Ludvico, that got me too, it was the human eyes of the beast that gets you.