Possible knee surgery for Craig

in Actors Posts: 725
This looks accurate as the news had been full of his knee injury weeks ago. I'm just totally, totally guessing here from personal exp. 3 yrs ago - but it looks like he had a meniscus tear. It is a common knee injury and is usually a sports injury.The more severe ones like mine usually need surgery. If this is the injury, I'm amazed he continued to do stunts and perform running scenes like the ones we saw from pictures in Mexico as it can hurt like hell. Man he has really been banged up from doing Bond over the last 10 years.

Know the Mirror is tab, but the story doesn't seem sensationalized, and if he is off for nearly 3 weeks as the story noted, it wasn't a minor tear as the minor ones can sometime heal on their own. Don't know if the word "serious surgery " is accurate either. No doubt major news to come, IF it is accurate. Hope it's not but think it likely is.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=newssearch&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB8QqQIoADAA&url=http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/spectre-james-bond-daniel-craig-5462062&ei=-IIgVcqvLsOxsAWauoGwAw&usg=AFQjCNFIgfxWB27MdExEQk0m628ZBrSJmw&bvm=bv.89947451,d.b2w

Comments

• MansfieldMansfield Where the hell have you been?
    Any surgery is serious medical procedure, I just believe its appearance in the article is redundancy in the reporting. Hope he has a speedy recovery. I'm in the medical field and have seen plenty of individuals with continuing difficulties post-operation, though those are usually attributed to the health of the surrounding structures. Craig is fit so he should be back in top shape in no time if all goes well.

This is just part of what makes him such a great actor. He broke his arm during Quantum Of Solace all for the sake of getting authentic action footage.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    The man IS dedicated. Kind of like the character he portrays...
    And the grateful fans kick his arse for not running around like a crazy man. As if it is asked too much to add one and one.
    But for what its worth, the timing on display here is a bit odd. We THINK we know, they have been back to Pinewood for a while now. Then they say, it was done last week, but seen with that bag on Monday. So what and when exactly was it? But i dont doubt, there is some truth in it. Sadly. Thanks to good ole Logan, who really cost them time with his crappy script, there is just no day, they can afford to loose.
    None of us are getting any younger! As already mentioned Brosnan did something similar when filming DAD.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    You gotta respect the man for this level of dedication. It would be interesting to see a list of the injuries he has received over the course of his tenure, and how he got them/which scene he was filming at the time. He sliced off the tip of his finger in QOS or perhaps SF, IIRC.
    The most we know of was during QOS. Tip of finger, cut under the eye, that had to be sewed, damage to his shoulder, that had him in a sling for many weeks.
    Something with the leg, too, during SF, for which he had to go into that freezer thing. Can't remember, what it was called. But that one went rather smoothly. No such luck this time.
  • Ahw I hope he gets well soon. I admire him for doing a lot of the action scenes himself but it's really gonna cost him when he gets older. :S
    Germanlady wrote: »
    The most we know of was during QOS. Tip of finger, cut under the eye, that had to be sewed, damage to his shoulder, that had him in a sling for many weeks.
    Something with the leg, too, during SF, for which he had to go into that freezer thing. Can't remember, what it was called. But that one went rather smoothly. No such luck this time.

His most serious injury had to be on QOS when he did those stunts jumping on the moving bus and leaping across one roof to another ledge. You can see see him really slam his shoulder into the wall. That cost him as he tore his should up. He wore a sling after the shoot because he had rotator cuff surgery, a crummy operation that requires a lot of post op physical therapy. They usually put 6 nails into your shoulder to reattach it.

• edited April 2015 Posts: 6,601
    Yes, I know the scene, the rotator was said to be a bit affected by early Rugby playing,
    As you say, must have been painful post op, as he admitted on Leno, I think, that the therapy was quite bitchy.
  • RC7RC7
    edited April 2015 Posts: 10,512
    At least he'll be able to look back and think, 'well, I did it for real' and people watching these movies in 50 years will see that and appreciate it. Kudos to him for putting his arse on the line.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited April 2015 Posts: 8,078
    We are going to have to accept that, like Moore heading into the second half of his bond carrer, Craig will hand over the more physical stuff to the double. No reason to jeapodize your lead at such an advanced age.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    RC7 wrote: »
    At least he'll be able to look back and think, 'well, I did it for real' and people watching these movies in 50 years will see that and appreciate it. Kudos to him for putting his arse on the line.

Dan rocks, no flippin' doubt.