SPECTRE Trailer/TV Spot Thread - NEW TV Spots Page 117 - Final Trailer Page 106

19192949697121

Comments

  • Posts: 2,081
    That's funny?

  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Posts: 11,090
    Yeah, I find it a little funny to see someone suddenly take a table to the face. The fact that I didn't notice it first time round adds to the hilarity.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited September 2015 Posts: 4,116
    I ran into a door yesterday ...it was kinda funny.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited September 2015 Posts: 23,883
    For those who are concerned, I'm sure no one was hurt during that stunt.

    It likely was a stunt woman, and the table almost 100% was a soft prop.

    They'll find a way to explain it, or we may not even see that shot in the final film (it may be filmed from another angle or be another take).
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Posts: 3,531
    I used RowVid to go frame by frame and these are the results.

    NlqGtMQ.jpg
    JCnbnz4.jpg
    OGTZNIW.jpg
    PfTWhmq.jpg
    OFSzZPC.jpg
    UEuyPh8.jpg
    fJ2Usky.jpg
    XYCD8dK.jpg
    Dbd5BZl.jpg
    cTcJR3r.jpg
    JR8OMnN.jpg
    IvsH2sg.jpg
    yeKsNBt.jpg
  • Posts: 2,081
    I didn't think anyone was actually hurt. It just surprises me people find that kind of thing funny. Many find those things funny in real life, too - someone falling down on the street, an artist falling from the stage, etc. I've just never gotten what's funny about anyone potentially hurting themselves.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Posts: 11,090
    There's a thin line, well in this case a table between laughter and pain.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Posts: 4,116
    X_X ..that poor table
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Posts: 3,531
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    X_X ..that poor table

    It decided it was going to slam into Swann's head, but it got injured by her sexiness.
  • RC7RC7
    Posts: 10,432
    Tuulia wrote: »
    I didn't think anyone was actually hurt. It just surprises me people find that kind of thing funny. Many find those things funny in real life, too - someone falling down on the street, an artist falling from the stage, etc. I've just never gotten what's funny about anyone potentially hurting themselves.

    Isn't people 'falling over' one of the purest sources of hilarity? Laurel and Hardy made a career of it.
  • Posts: 2,873
    The US version of the spot with the November 6 date and the announcer growling the title :))
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 1,985
    Well, this "superhenchman" table kick / Bond can't get his gun in time scene, could be taken straight from a Connery / Moore Bond movie, it's a "by the number" scene, and yet I'm sure most here love it (me included - If I exagerate, I consider this trailer gets Bond more than the whole of Skyfall :) ) So there's still life in the Bond genre, not sure we need to stray away from it...
  • The table is probably made of some real soft material to avoid injuries...or its a cgi table. either way. its not a real table...
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Posts: 3,157
    There were people believing EON actually killed the golden girl in Goldfinger.
  • Walecs wrote: »
    There were people believing EON actually killed the golden girl in Goldfinger.

    ...but they did kill Brosnans Bond career with DAD...

  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Posts: 11,090
    Seriously, it's a film, who gives a f*** if someone has a table kicked into their face? Seriously, tge table is soft? It's cgi? Who cares? People are acting like Bautista actually caused physical harm to his co-star. Get a grip or is it an issue because it's a female character that suffers the makeshift projectile bashed into her face? I remember having the same laugh out loud reaction when I first saw CR, where Molloka throws his gun at Bond but Bond catches it and throws it back into Molloka's face.

    Either way this table kick looks funny to see and what makes it all the more hilarious is that, it doesn't look like Hinx intentionally meant to do it the way it happened. It looks like he wanted to startle them and get to Bond quickly and just kicked the table out if his way but it ended up flying into Madeline's face :)) :))
  • Posts: 8,406
    antovolk wrote: »
    The US version of the spot with the November 6 date and the announcer growling the title :))


    I love when they announce the titles that way honestly actually hearing them growl Quantum of Solace was so freaking cool...well for someone like me who loved the title from day one watch the press confrence listened to Michael Wilson's explanation of the title and thought "I totally agree with this." yeah for me hearing the announcer say Quantum of Solace was so cool... for the 98% of the world who hate the title yeah...
  • BirdlesonBirdleson San Jose, CAModerator
    edited September 2015 Posts: 30,190
    Through trailers alone, at this point we have already clearly seen SPECTRE reference or give homage to DR. NO, FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE, GOLDFINGER, THUNDERBALL, ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE, LIVE AND LET DIE, THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN, OCTOPUSSY, CASINO ROYALE, QUANTUM OF SOLACE and SKYFALL (and if I stretch just a bit, possibly YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE and DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER). Honoring the history is thrilling an appropriate, so long as there is a solid, well-structured movie under all of the frosting. There is the danger of the franchise beginning to coast on familiarity, but I am optimistic.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Posts: 4,116
    The goal I think of SP is to return to a modern interpretation of classic Bond. I don't think those are homages as much as they are iconic images/elements from the series.
  • Posts: 6,601
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    The goal I think of SP is to return to a modern interpretation of classic Bond. I don't think those are homages as much as they are iconic images/elements from the series.

    Agreed.
  • BirdlesonBirdleson San Jose, CAModerator
    Posts: 30,190
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    The goal I think of SP is to return to a modern interpretation of classic Bond. I don't think those are homages as much as they are iconic images/elements from the series.

    Which would fall under the definition of an homage.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Posts: 4,116
    Homage means something done in respect or honor to someone or something. I mean here that those images or elements are part of Bond's world.

    Let me clarify maybe not all such as the white tux is definitely a homage to GF but IMO a lot of it is just Bond being Bond.

    The bat suit and car aren't homages to the old series ..its part of Batman's story.

    I'm just saying that not everything there is meant so much as a homage.

  • Posts: 6,601
    Again YES!
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Posts: 4,116
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Again YES!

    Thank you

    :)
  • BirdlesonBirdleson San Jose, CAModerator
    edited September 2015 Posts: 30,190
    Not to get too hung up on this, but I teach art, and homage (or hommage) is something I spend a decent amount of time on, so I get picky about meaning.

    How do you know which images and elements I refer too? Yes, the nods to CR-SF are not homages, but the references I was indicating in my original statement (I said reference or homage, so I really don't get what you are saying). And I included OP because it springs from the same short story as the Oberhauser's.

    But as for the rest. Bond being Bond, would be the PPK or Q, etc. When I said homages, I meant homages:

    DN - Bond dressed and posed as Connery when he's awaiting Dent.
    FRWL - Face of Blofeld/Head of Spectre in shadow.
    GF - White tuxedo.
    TB - SPECTRE meeting room, including execution of member.
    OHMSS - At this point this is just in marketing, but the bullet hole and the use of the theme song are obvious homages to that film, and are there to evoke a connection.
    LALD - Both the long dress coat and the get up with the black turtleneck with the shoulder holster (not the same as Batman's outfit, these are intended to honor the franchise's history).
    THWTGG - The barrel roll.

    Don't try to correct me if you don't pay attention to what I wrote.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 2,873
    The Chinagraph team on Jeff Pfeifer's music from the trailers being available officially someday
    @KnightHunter2xk Thanks! Always 1 of our fav elements to work on. I'd love to be able to say yes. Not my call. I will keep you updated

  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Posts: 11,090
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Homage means something done in respect or honor to someone or something. I mean here that those images or elements are part of Bond's world.

    Let me clarify maybe not all such as the white tux is definitely a homage to GF but IMO a lot of it is just Bond being Bond.

    The bat suit and car aren't homages to the old series ..its part of Batman's story.

    I'm just saying that not everything there is meant so much as a homage.

    I agree. When it comes to Bond there are certain staples that just can't be avoided, especially when there's a catalogue of 50 years worth of movies. The slightest deviation of what's come before people start accusing the film of not being a proper Bond movie and then when traditional elements are reintroduced tge movie is paying homage or referencing it's own history. However, I do think it's fair to say that there are a few homages considering what the Craig era has set out to achieve but other than that, it's all just Bond being Bond.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Posts: 4,116
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Not to get too hung up on this, but I teach art, and homage (or hommage) is something I spend a decent amount of time on, so I get picky about meaning.

    How do you know which images and elements I refer too? Yes, the nods to CR-SF are not homages, but the references I was indicating in my original statement (I said reference or homage, so I really don't get what you are saying). And I included OP because it springs from the same short story as the Oberhauser's.

    But as for the rest. Bond being Bond, would be the PPK or Q, etc. When I said homages, I meant homages:

    DN - Bond dressed and posed as Connery when he's awaiting Dent.
    FRWL - Face of Blofeld/Head of Spectre in shadow.
    GF - White tuxedo.
    TB - SPECTRE meeting room, including execution of member.
    OHMSS - At this point this is just in marketing, but the bullet hole and the use of the theme song are obvious homages to that film, and are there to evoke a connection.
    LALD - Both the long dress coat and the get up with the black turtleneck with the shoulder hols
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 1,985
    But then why do you choose the barrel roll of the helicopter as a reference to homage to TMWTGG and not TWINE ? I don't think we'll have a whistling noise. And are the Oberhauser screens a tribute to TND' Carver's ?

    I personnaly consider Bond movies are genre movies, and all these concepts then disappear IMO. Some elements are part of the genre, and there you go.

    There are some elements that are outside the genre (for instance I still don't get what they meant when Bond moved his fists at the casino like a drunken guy in Skyfall - despite LALD reference if you want, I don't find this scene is "Bond", it's more Johnny English, I've never seen this fight mentioned by anyone as a high moment of the franchise or even the movie), but in the end the genre always come back, or the franchise will die amongst generic spy movies.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited September 2015 Posts: 4,116
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Not to get too hung up on this, but I teach art, and homage (or hommage) is something I spend a decent amount of time on, so I get picky about meaning.

    How do you know which images and elements I refer too? Yes, the nods to CR-SF are not homages, but the references I was indicating in my original statement (I said reference or homage, so I really don't get what you are saying). And I included OP because it springs from the same short story as the Oberhauser's.

    But as for the rest. Bond being Bond, would be the PPK or Q, etc. When I said homages, I meant homages:

    DN - Bond dressed and posed as Connery when he's awaiting Dent.
    FRWL - Face of Blofeld/Head of Spectre in shadow.
    GF - White tuxedo.
    TB - SPECTRE meeting room, including execution of member.
    OHMSS - At this point this is just in marketing, but the bullet hole and the use of the theme song are obvious homages to that film, and are there to evoke a connection.
    LALD - Both the long dress coat and the get up with the black turtleneck with the shoulder hols

    Sorry I had a bit of a phone issue. Yes I agree with your examples as possible homages. Even two of them seen before in TND ...

    I don't think I conveyed well what I was meaning.

    Your original comment read to me that you were concerned that SP could possibly be nothing but homages.

    My counter was just my opinion that not everything was meant as an intentional homage.

    Here's a great example. Mendes et all noted and laughed that the ending of SF was reminencent of Home Alone but at conception it was not intended as a homage.
Sign In or Register to comment.