MOVIE POLL 2015: Best Sam Mendes-Film Poll (TOP 6, DEADLINE OCTOBER 18TH!)

2»

Comments

keep voting guys
    Keep voting guys :-).
    Come on, movie lovers. Has anyone seen all of Mendes' filmography? Let me know what your TOP 6 is :-).
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    1. American Beauty
    2. Skyfall
    3. Revolutionary Road
    4. Road To Perdition
    5. Jarhead
    6. Away We Go
    I think...your TOP 3 is spot-on. Really his best cinematic achievements. Let's see if the TOP 3 changes November 6th :-).
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    1. American Beauty
    2. Road to Perdition
    3. Jarhead
    4. Revolutionary Road
    5. Skyfall

I've never seen 'Away We Go.'
  • Jazz007Jazz007 Minnesota
    1. Road To Perdition
    2. Skyfall
    3. American Beauty
    4. Revolutionary Road
    5. Jarhead

I haven't seen Away We Go... All have been good movies - Road To Perdition is particularly great.
    14 voters already ;-)
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    1. American Beauty
    2. Road to Perdition
    3. Revolutionary Road
    4. Skyfall/Jarhead (can't decide really)
    ROAD TO PERDITION is fantastic, AMERICAN BEAUTY is good, couldn't get into JARHEAD, was bored by REVOLUTIONARY and consider SKYFALL less than worthless. Never heard of AWAY WE GO.
    1. American Beauty
    2. Revolutionary Road
    3. Road to Perdition
    4. Away We Go
    5. Jarhead
    6. Skyfall
    1. American Beauty
    2. Revolutionary Road
    3. Road to Perdition
    4. Away We Go
    5. Jarhead
    6. Skyfall
    bondsum wrote: »
    1. American Beauty
    2. Revolutionary Road
    3. Road to Perdition
    4. Away We Go
    5. Jarhead
    6. Skyfall

"Away We Go" higher than both "Skyfall" and "Jarhead"???
    Okay, I decided to make a poll out of this, with points attached to every film. The rules are like this:

If you saw all of Mendes' work, then your TOP 6 with attached points will look like this:
    8 POINTS: Winner
    6 POINTS: Runner-Up
    4 POINTS: 3rd Place
    3 POINTS: 4th
    2 POINTS: 5th
    1 POINTS: 6th

If you only saw 5 of the films directed by Sam Mendes, the TOP 6 Points will look like this:
    6 POINTS: Winner
    4 POINTS: Runner-Up
    3 POINTS: 3rd Place
    2 POINTS: 4th
    1 POINTS: 5th

If you only saw 4 of his films:
    4 POINTS: Winner
    3 POINTS: Runner-Up
    2 POINTS: 3rd Place
    1 POINTS: 4th

If you only saw 3:
    3 POINTS: Winner
    2 POINTS: Runner-Up
    1 POINTS: 3rd Place

Only 2:
    2 POINTS: Winner
    1 POINTS: Runner-Up

Only 1 (Must be "Skyfall" :-O):
    1 POINTS: Winner

Having said all this, the current standings after 18 votes:

102 POINTS: "American Beauty" (1999)
    074 POINTS: "Road To Perdition" (2002)
    058 POINTS: "Skyfall" (2012)
    052 POINTS: "Revolutionary Road" (2008)
    029 POINTS: "Jarhead" (2005)
    020 POINTS: "Away We Go" (2009)
    The current standings sound about right to me where RR should be at no 3 or a tie with Skyfall. IMO
    Keep on voting
    Any more voters curious about how the ranking will look like when the premiere date of "SPECTRE" is nearing :-)?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    1. American Beauty (2 points)
    2. Skyfall (1 point)

Wow, I feel like a traitor! :))
    QBranch wrote: »
    2. Skyfall (1 point)

:)) why? I mean anyone that puts Skyfall at No 1 of the Mendes movies must either have seen only Skyfall or is delusional :P
    2. Skyfall (1 point)

:)) why? I mean anyone that puts Skyfall at No 1 of the Mendes movies must either have seen only Skyfall or is delusional :P

Ah come onnn. Don't be so rude on people :-P. I think it's one of Mendes' best works. Together with "American Beauty" and "Revolutionary Road". It's actually nice to discover so many thematical similarities between his films. Just have a look at this topic:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/5531/directed-by-sam-mendes-themes-and-motives-of-the-director-you-can-find-in-skyfall#latest
    2. Skyfall (1 point)

Ah come onnn. Don't be so rude on people :-P. I think it's one of Mendes' best works. Together with "American Beauty" and "Revolutionary Road". It's actually nice to discover so many thematical similarities between his films. Just have a look at this topic:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/5531/directed-by-sam-mendes-themes-and-motives-of-the-director-you-can-find-in-skyfall#latest

Nah, I didn't mean it rude, just a little teasing (therefore the smilies) ;)
    2. Skyfall (1 point)

Naughty naughty Swiss :-P.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited August 2015 Posts: 13,936
    2. Skyfall (1 point)

No worries, guys- I didn't think the comment was rude. Either way, it's near impossible to offend me- but don't see this as a challenge ;) It just feels weird putting Bond below anything else is all. I have seen Jarhead and Road to Perdition, but can hardly remember them- it was long ago. I have a feeling Skyfall would still stay in 2nd place though.
  • QBranch wrote: »
    2. Skyfall (1 point)

No worries, guys- I didn't think the comment was rude. Either way, it's near impossible to offend me- but don't see this as a challenge ;) It just feels weird putting Bond below anything else is all. I have seen Jarhead and Road to Perdition, but can hardly remember them- it was long ago. I have a feeling Skyfall would still stay in 2nd place though.

Are you going to see all of Mendes' films before "SPECTRE" premieres ;-)?
  • Any more votes?
  • Deadline for this poll is October 18th (around 8:00 PM GMT)
    Deadline is this Saturday October 18th...
    --> 8:00 pm GMT
    --> 3:00 pm EST
    --> 9:00 pm GMT+1

So make sure you vote before the deadline!
    1.5 hours until the deadline!