No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    matt_u wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »
    I certainly think he looks better now than he did during SP (both in the film itself and during the press tour).

You can't be serious.

small_150218-182546_to180215rtx_0563.jpg
    I'm deadly serious.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Well, the fact that you think Connery looked excellent in NSNA speak volumes... imo Craig in SP looked perfect, better than SF and certainly better than now.
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 6,677
    Connery did look excellent in NSNA, the best since TB, IMO.

I think this all boils down to what your age is and with what you identify with. I see young people here saying he looks old. I see middle age people saying he looks good, and the other way around. So, I firmly believe it's on the eye of the beholder and his age and perception of Bond as a character.

I, for one, like seasoned Bond. Besides, Craig makes it believable. Anyone wants to go for a round or two against him in the ring? I wouldn't. Or even run a mile against him. I wouldn't. And I'm in superb shape and fifteen years younger.

Oh and since Craig pics emerged, the "next bond" thread disappeared completely. That says something.
    Craig is going to do this Solo but he is going to do this role on bond 25

(Now how on earth do I put The man who would be bond in a sentence on the next page)
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I guess I’m one of the few who also feels Craig has gotten more handsome looking with age. He looks really good in the latest photos with Mortensen.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited January 2019 Posts: 4,343
    Univex wrote: »
    Connery did look excellent in NSNA, the best since TB, IMO.

The fact that in DAF looked terrible doesn't mean is excellent in NSNA. Look, Moore in FYEO had the same age Connery had in NSNA, and looked far better. For a 53 years old man Sean looked fine, but for a spy running around the world with his licence to kill, I don't think so. Plus, his hair were ridiculous.

BTW, to me Craig looks fine now and he still have almost 2 months to get in even better shape. He'll be ready.
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 17,333
    I certainly think he looks better now than he did during SP (both in the film itself and during the press tour).

You can't be serious.

I'm deadly serious.

Some photos from the SP press tour were less fortunate :))

daniel-craig-james_3127949b.jpg
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Craig is going to do this Solo but he is going to do this role on bond 25

(Now how on earth do I put The man who would be bond in a sentence on the next page)

Something about Idris Elba, perhaps?
  • In NSNA, Connery looks like a wax mannequin of himself.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    I guess I’m one of the few who also feels Craig has gotten more handsome looking with age. He looks really good in the latest photos with Mortensen.

I think a lot agree with you, @DonnyDB5 ... A few people that know very little about fitness posted many unflattering pics in the recent few months while DC became a new Dad and prep'd for a film. They almost took glee in the fact that he wouldn't be ready for his last 007 film.

Most went silent over the past couple of days.

DC is looking trim and sharp. Not a lot to say beyond that. I mean, just take a look at the pic someone posted above with him going to the gym in the summer. He had a jolly spare tire floating around his waist.

Compare that to the photos from a few days ago.

The man is looking lean and fit. With six weeks to go-- and a continued regime on set.

Whoever thought he wouldn't be ready for B25 should be eating humble pie.

You can't be serious.

I'm deadly serious.

Very true. I've always personally thought that Craig looks better with a little bulk and muscle on him (a la CR & SF). He seems to be going for that approach based on these recent photos, so despite the notable and unavoidable facial aging I prefer the way he looks now. I thought he seemed a bit gaunt during the SP run (including in the film) and similarly in QoS (although I liked his suits in that film).

New photo of craig at an Italian restaurant.

Looks like his baby gave him a sleepless night. I know what I'm talking about.

You can't be serious.

I'm deadly serious.

Very true. I've always personally thought that Craig looks better with a little bulk and muscle on him (a la CR & SF). He seems to be going for that approach based on these recent photos, so despite the notable and unavoidable facial aging I prefer the way he looks now. I thought he seemed a bit gaunt during the SP run (including in the film) and similarly in QoS (although I liked his suits in that film).

I haven't really thought that much about Craig's physicality "differences" from film to film. In general I prefer Bond to look lean; he doesn't need to be bulky to be a physical threat, IMO.

You can't be serious.

I'm deadly serious.

I haven't really thought that much about Craig's physicality "differences" from film to film. In general I prefer Bond to look lean; he doesn't need to be bulky to be a physical threat, IMO.
    In general I very much agree with you and far prefer a leaner 'Bond'. However, just in the case of Craig, and due to his appearance, I prefer him with a bit more mass. I think it fills out his face, reduces the natural cragginess and wrinkles that he has, and makes him seem more threatening. Perfect example is in this Sony ad from the SF days.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Maybe it’s just me but I’m not seeing the pictures that everyone else is seeing of Craig. I see a genuinely “old” and a bit haggered looking Craig. Now sure he looks much better than he did 5 months ago, due to probably getting back in shape for the role however, all you guys saying he looks better than ever, I just dunno- he doesn’t look terrible persay but he isn’t anything to go gaga over for me at least.

He's 50 years old now. Doesn't matter if he gets even more muscular than in CR, he'll never look 38 years old again as he did in that film. Not everyone can age as gracefully as Tom Cruise, but even Mr. Cruise himself does not look as youthful in the latest Mission Impossible than he did in the original 1996 outing. As far as regular 50 years old guys are concerned, Craig looks mighty fine for his age. He's no Keanu Reeves, but he's also far above Johnny Depp.

Yes, that's true.

http://southpark.wikia.com/wiki/Satan?file=Satan 2.png
    peter wrote: »

I think a lot agree with you, @DonnyDB5 ... A few people that know very little about fitness posted many unflattering pics in the recent few months while DC became a new Dad and prep'd for a film. They almost took glee in the fact that he wouldn't be ready for his last 007 film.

Most went silent over the past couple of days.

DC is looking trim and sharp. Not a lot to say beyond that. I mean, just take a look at the pic someone posted above with him going to the gym in the summer. He had a jolly spare tire floating around his waist.

Compare that to the photos from a few days ago.

The man is looking lean and fit. With six weeks to go-- and a continued regime on set.

Bang on, @peter.

This recent "Low-quality paparazzi or candid photos show Craig is too out of shape and won't be ready for Bond" narrative has played out like some (even more comically) weak-sauce version of 2005's "Daniel Craig is Not Bond" crap.

The man could hop off a BA overnight from NY to London with a perfect shave, coiffed hair and wearing a full tuxedo -- and someone online would snipe that he can't be Bond because one of his shoelaces is undone.

But in all seriousness: how wonderful is it, this feeling that Craig's working out, casting's underway (if not advanced), script's being tweaked -- this really is "Bond film eve." It's amazing to know that somewhere in the world right now, B25 is moving full steam ahead. I just absolutely cannot wait until we get an official taste of what it will be.

• peterpeter Toronto
    I’m with you all the way on all points @AgentM72 ! And yes, I felt like a kid at Christmas looking at the latest pics. Knowing the main man is prepping gives me goosebumps thinking of the possibilities behind this next adventure!
    I vividly remember the feeling of waking up at 4am EST to watch the Skyfall and SPECTRE press conferences. I'm getting chills now just thinking that might happen again in a few months.

I also remember the day we saw the first 'official' Skyfall image -- believe it was that still of a bearded Craig creeping up on Patrice in the "jellyfish" scene. We didn't know why he had a beard, or where this weird location was, and yet it was so...Bondian.

That first bit of official publicity is going to be great, too. After such a long and complicated road to get here, that will be the moment for me that Bond 25 really becomes...real.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I did the same, waking early to watch the press conference. I was so excited when the gunshot sounded off, and the cracked web of glass formed the word SPECTRE, I almost fell of my chair. Like an excited kid, I truly wanted to squeal. Hairs did stand on end.

I was a happy boy on that day @AgentM72 .

I expect nothing less for B25. A smile all day. My wife will beg me to wipe it off my face. My kids accusing me of being a nerd (guilty!). I look forward to it!
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    I vividly remember the feeling of waking up at 4am EST to watch the Skyfall and SPECTRE press conferences. I'm getting chills now just thinking that might happen again in a few months.

I also remember the day we saw the first 'official' Skyfall image -- believe it was that still of a bearded Craig creeping up on Patrice in the "jellyfish" scene. We didn't know why he had a beard, or where this weird location was, and yet it was so...Bondian.

That first bit of official publicity is going to be great, too. After such a long and complicated road to get here, that will be the moment for me that Bond 25 really becomes...real.

I hated that first image from SF! Didnt seem 'Bondian' at all to me!
    I do vividly remember the teaser poster for CR,
    And getting very excited that we were in for something special!
    I did the same, waking early to watch the press conference. I was so excited when the gunshot sounded off, and the cracked web of glass formed the word SPECTRE, I almost fell of my chair. Like an excited kid, I truly wanted to squeal. Hairs did stand on end.

I expect nothing less for B25. A smile all day. My wife will beg me to wipe it off my face. My kids accusing me of being a nerd (guilty!). I look forward to it!

Haha, yes!

And if I'm not mistaken, the SPECTRE title was rumored/spoiled on this particular forum a few days early? At least, I remember reading it here and thinking "Hmm, that's interesting..." and then as the letters started to form in the 5-step animation, I could already tell it was that word by the second beat or so. Definitely a vivid memory.

I also remember thinking, "Wow, the grey shade of that new Aston is very bright" -- just because we'd been used to the darker, gunmetal DBS takes in the early Craig era and hadn't had a more classic Aston color since Pierce's Vanquish in DAD.
  • Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan

What time do you have to get up to catch the press conference early @peter
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

Man...good times.

If things are organizes similarly, we could be experiencing this again in about a month and a half.
    jake24 wrote: »

Man...good times.

If things are organizes similarly, we could be experiencing this again in about a month and a half.

I'm so there. With eyes wide at least half open.

Or maybe principal photography will actually be starting in Canada, and I'll just be able to wake up at a reasonable time... ;)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Is that fattening?
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I thought it was closer to 5 am EST @Blofeld0064 , but since I’m in the same time zone as AgentM72, I submit to his memory!
  • peterpeter Toronto

Is that fattening?

Just bloating. Temporary discomfort.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    So when do we reckon the press conference will be?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Denbigh wrote: »
    So when do we reckon the press conference will be?
    If things go the way they did with the last two films, last week of February or the first week of March.
  • Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan
    I thought it was closer to 5 am EST @Blofeld0064 , but since I’m in the same time zone as AgentM72, I submit to his memory!

Since I live in Michigan and You in Canada @peter we live in the same time zone also, I assume February 28th will be when the press conference happens.

Since I live in Michigan and You in Canada @peter we live in the same time zone also, I assume February 28th will be when the press conference happens.

I am fine with that I just can’t wait to find out the title