No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Denbigh wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    @Denbigh Why have you bolded your recent posts?

Only cause I find a lot of my posts get ignored so I'm trying a new thing haha :D

Well I hope it allows you to find your Quantum Of Solace... what I am suggesting is rather then Shatterhand being Blofield alias as in the book it’s a completely new character but usuing the name from the book a bit like octopussy the name cake from Fleming but the character is original
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    It's preferred if you post without bolding, as it can be slightly disruptive to the rest of the conversation.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited January 2019 Posts: 5,869
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »

Only cause I find a lot of my posts get ignored so I'm trying a new thing haha :D

Well I hope it allows you to find your Quantum Of Solace... what I am suggesting is rather then Shatterhand being Blofield alias as in the book it’s a completely new character but usuing the name from the book a bit like octopussy the name cake from Fleming but the character is original

That could be interesting, but I think that would really split the fans. I think Octopussy worked because the story was very distant from the original source material and had so many aspects of other stories that it kinda dilutes the use of Octopussy.

Another example I can think of is Oberhauser, but again that stemmed from quite a small part of Bond's backstory, and became something else entirely. I personally think the use of Oberhauser was kind of wasted. I've always thought it'd be more interesting if the Bond girl (Madeleine Swann) was the daughter of Oberhauser rather than White.

With Shatterhand, it could work but it'll be very distracting for us as fans. I think we'd constantly be thinking... this characters is meant to be Blofeld, are they going to go there? And also you'll just be thinking about how they chose not to try and bring back Waltz because his performance in Spectre wasn't picked up by audiences as a highlight of the film.

It brings up a lot of problems, so I'd rather Malek played an original villain like Silva, or even one adapted from unused Fleming material like Oberhauser, but done a bit better. They got that balance of traditional and modern Bond villain just right with Silva so stick to that route me thinks.
    It's preferred if you post without bolding, as it can be slightly disruptive to the rest of the conversation.

That's fine, will do :D
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    According to Vogue, Daniel wore a Tom Ford tux to the Golden Globes.

Does DC normally wear TF outside of Bond?

Yes, he does frequently.
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 4,602
    Someting I think we saw in SP was the fact that you are asking much of a "slight" actor to play a role where he is a genuine threat to Bond . IMHO, the villain must pose a threat and a big guy projects that threat via their physicality (even if they don't use it). Hence TS doing a good job in OHMSS. Even with all of the tech etc, the projection of power and threat via stature is crucial. It's not coincedence that Darth Vadar is a big guy after all. For that reason alone, I hope they don't sign up Malek

How this works with a female villain I'm not sure but I would assume they would use their sexuality to project power/threat?

PS anyone seen the recent shots of Jamie Lee Curtis (with new grey hair) underrated actress IMHO, more scary than Malek in her own way !

https://www.eonline.com/news/1003325/jamie-lee-curtis-slams-fiji-water-for-viral-pr-stunt-at-2019-golden-globes
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    Does anyone have a reference for how long production on a Mr. Robot season typically lasts?

Shooting for Season 3 started March 7 and ended August 25. Season 4 will have two more episodes.
    I'm really not sure about this Rami Malek guy.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    patb wrote: »
    Someting I think we saw in SP was the fact that you are asking much of a "slight" actor to play a role where he is a genuine threat to Bond . IMHO, the villain must pose a threat and a big guy projects that threat via their physicality (even if they don't use it). Hence TS doing a good job in OHMSS. Even with all of the tech etc, the projection of power and threat via stature is crucial. It's not coincedence that Darth Vadar is a big guy after all. For that reason alone, I hope they don't sign up Malek
    He is a bit slight and unassuming, although I think he might be able to do an unhinged psychotic well. I agree with you on physical size being preferable though, especially in relation to Craig's Bond.
    How this works with a female villain I'm not sure but I would assume they would use their sexuality to project power/threat?
    I was just commenting on Lotte Lenya in another thread. It comes down to the writing, direction and acting. She was quite terrifying despite being a small, slight and almost frail woman.
    PS anyone seen the recent shots of Jamie Lee Curtis (with new grey hair) underrated actress IMHO, more scary than Malek in her own way !

https://www.eonline.com/news/1003325/jamie-lee-curtis-slams-fiji-water-for-viral-pr-stunt-at-2019-golden-globes
    She's inspired by her most famous film! She'd be great as a villain, but perhaps in a Kingsman film rather than Bond.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    I will say this: Danny Boyle’s choice, Tomasz Kot would have been much more intriguing.
  • Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan
    @PanchitoPistoles isn't it time you let your Danny Boyle infatuation go?

Only after read John Hodge’s Bond 25 script and I know exactly why Boyle departed the production.
    No because then he will move on to Chris Nolan infatuation and I like the guy and I don’t want him forced down my throat
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    It would be great if it was a group of interesting villains rather than a single one like FRWL with Klebb, Grant, Kronsteen... Malek would fit well with that.

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    Tao Okamoto for Malek's henchwoman please :)
    DoctorNo wrote: »
    It would be great if it was a group of interesting villains rather than a single one like FRWL with Klebb, Grant, Kronsteen... Malek would fit well with that.
    Agreed. The more I see of this guy, the more I think he can be a subsidiary villain but not necessarily the main one.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    FWIW, some actor called José A. Fernandez is listed here (https://pro.imdb.com/title/tt2382320/) as a henchman in the film.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    I will say this: Danny Boyle’s choice, Tomasz Kot would have been much more intriguing.

I'm not a fan of Boyle and don't see him fitting Bond, but yes, that's the one thing I wish they had kept from him.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Agreed. The more I see of this guy, the more I think he can be a subsidiary villain but not necessarily the main one.

He looks too youthful and too much like a nice guy.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited January 2019 Posts: 5,869
    FWIW, some actor called José A. Fernandez is listed here (https://pro.imdb.com/title/tt2382320/) as a henchman in the film.

I think this guy has definitely added himself, but it's plausible that he's an extra whose just been hired and excitedly listed himself in the film. I wonder if that'll stick around.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

Casting well underway then.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited January 2019 Posts: 4,554
    I'm pushing my chips: it's Malek.

If scheduling were an issue, it would be an outright "No." So apparently, scheduling is NOT an issue.
    I reckon they already have the principal cast lined up, and confirmations are just a waiting game.
    He really gave it away in that interview. He starts fidgeting and uncomfortably feeling up the table while tapping his lap. I wonder if Kimmel was asked not to mention it but he did anyway.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    Will be very surprised to see someone else than Malek presented as the villain at the press conference.
    I think he’s been casted.

I think so, too. Based on these interviews, it's highly likely he will be in Bond 25.

And again they could work around his schedule or his part (assuming he is not the main villain) could be wrapped in day a few weekends in March and April with a few pick up shots in May

To be honest I would be shocked if Malek is not in the film however I do hope Waltz is back as well
    I think he could have enormous fun playing a second in command, off the scale dark and bonkers, meeting a nasty end but please not a the main villain. There is a child like , vulnerabilty about him that would not work.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer

Casting well underway then.

I remain skeptical, but casting (and listings) have to happen sooner or later so, yeah, maybe.

What stuck out was that this actor is from the Dominican Republic and recently Craig was on 'holiday' in St. Vincent and the Grenadines, which are of course both located in the Caribbean. It's possible EON want to shoot a section of the film there. Interestingly, that pilot who shared the photo of himself and Craig has since deleted it. Now why do that? ;)
    edited January 2019 Posts: 10,588
    He really gave it away in that interview. He starts fidgeting and uncomfortably feeling up the table while tapping his lap. I wonder if Kimmel was asked not to mention it but he did anyway.
    My gut feeling is that it is similar to the Villeneuve situation, in that they're in negotiations which will ultimately fall through due to scheduling. Mr. Robot begins filming in February and it'd likely be very difficult to make schedules work. Malek would also likely have to retain his Mr. Robot look for Bond.

That said, who knows what'll happen. I would be fine with him as the villain.
    Considering 2 out of the last four films were set in the carribean it wouldn’t be surprising
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited January 2019 Posts: 4,554
    I think he could have enormous fun playing a second in command, off the scale dark and bonkers, meeting a nasty end but please not a the main villain. There is a child like , vulnerabilty about him that would not work.

I don't see that at all. I see creepy as f*ck.
    My gut feeling is that it is similar to the Villeneuve situation, in that they're in negotiations which will ultimately fall through due to scheduling. Mr. Robot begins filming in February and it'd likely be very difficult to make schedules work. Malek would also likely have to retain his Mr. Robot look for Bond.

Again: if it won't work, then it's a "no" and there's no need to be nervous.
    You can be creepy and child like. I agree, I do see the creepyness but is that enough? Creepy is more like a scooby doo villain (sorry to bring that in again), I think we need more than creepy.