No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

THR also chimes in https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/james-bond-25-miss-november-2019-release-date-1137104?utm_source=twitter
    With the abrupt exit of director Danny Boyle, the next installment in the James Bond film franchise — the untitled Bond 25 — will miss its Nov. 8, 2019 release date in North American theaters, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter. (Wonder Woman 1984 debuts on Nov. 1.)
    Calliope wrote: »
    THR's now saying it will be pushed back -- and that was a possibility even before Boyle left.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/james-bond-25-miss-november-2019-release-date-1137104
    Even before Boyle departed, there was talk of pushing the movie's release to early 2020.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    JET007 wrote: »

Don't buy it.

Press release in May: "Daniel Craig returns as 007 and Academy Award-winning director Danny Boyle (Slumdog Millionaire, Steve Jobs) will direct from an original screenplay by Academy Award nominee John Hodge (Trainspotting) with production set to begin on 3 December 2018."
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 4,619
    Now it's a near certainty that Bond 25 will be pushed back. Who would have thought when the highly successful Skyfall was released that 6 years later we would be in this mess? When will Barbara Broccoli finally admit to herself that it's time for her to go?
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia

Roger Moore's manager.
    @Torgeirtrap , he was Sir Roger Moore's assistant, who I would imagine has had some dealings with EON.

Seeing THR's piece now put me back into doubt.
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 6,677
    Now it's a near certainty that Bond 25 will be pushed back. Who would have thought when the highly successful Skyfall was released that 6 years later we would be in this mess? When will Barbara Broccoli finally admit to herself that it's time for her to go?

Just out of curiosity, where do Michael G. Wilson and Gregg Wilson fit in all of your ramblings against EON? Is it all down to Barbara? All her fault? Because she championed for Craig? Is that it? I'm asking because you said you read the leaks. Is there anything you'd like to elaborate on the matter? I'm all ears...eyes.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Now it's a near certainty that Bond 25 will be pushed back.

Yes, Variety and THR are both usually very reliable, and both are now saying there will be a delay, to write/rewrite the script with a new writer (Hodge left with Boyle). Unless they announce something within the next few days, there will be a delay. The only question is for how long? 4 months? Eight? A year?
    Red_Snow wrote: »

Roger Moore's manager.
    JET007 wrote: »
    @Torgeirtrap , he was Sir Roger Moore's assistant, who I would imagine has had some dealings with EON.

Seeing THR's piece now put me back into doubt.

Thanks! :-)
    What do we make of his comments? Will he have knowledge of the production, or is it just speculation?
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    I'd be fine with a May 2020 release. Finally: a summer Bond!
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I’m holding out to see if Baz comments at all on Twitter tonight.
    Univex wrote: »

Just out of curiosity, where do Michael G. Wilson and Gregg Wilson fit in all of your ramblings against EON? Is it all down to Barbara? All her fault? Because she championed for Craig? Is that it? I'm asking because you said you read the leaks. Is there anything you'd like to elaborate on the matter? I'm all ears...eyes.
    I am directing my anger and frustration at Barbara Broccoli instead of MGW for the same reason the people who are unhappy with the current US administration are directing their anger at Trump instead of Pence. She is the one running the show.

Btw, choosing Craig to replace Brosnan is the single greatest thing she has done as a movie producer.
    This is really the worse case scenario.

Delaying the film by possibly a year and releasing in 2020 is shocking. Heads should really roll for this.

I have zero enthusiasm for another Daniel Craig film, especially one that coems five years after the release of SP. I'm a diehard Bond fan as well, so just imagine what general audiences are thinking.

Ditch Craig and reboot.

Daniel Craig is a complete nobody in the Hollywood system. He's hardly employable. Why are Eon so desperately hanging on to him? He's done.
  • manovermanover uk
    Aim for April/May 2020 release date..will give enough time for director and script work.
    Ok, glad you've cleared that one out. Thanks.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

Delaying the film by possibly a year and releasing in 2020 is shocking. Heads should really roll for this.

I have zero enthusiasm for another Daniel Craig film, especially one that coems five years after the release of SP. I'm a diehard Bond fan as well, so just imagine what general audiences are thinking.

Ditch Craig and reboot.

Daniel Craig is a complete nobody in the Hollywood system. He's hardly employable. Why are Eon so desperately hanging on to him? He's done.

LOL
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    April 2020 has Fast & Furious 9, and May 2020 has Guardians of the Galaxy 3.
  • manovermanover uk
    Yep..Some people are really overreacting to this news.
    I do hope the EON offices aren't as hysterical as some users on these forums.
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 4,619

Ditch Craig and reboot.

Replacing Craig is not enough. A new, fresh approach to producing Bond films is needed, with a new writer. How excited would you be about the prospect of a Bond film starring a new actor, but written by P&W?

Ditch Craig and reboot.

Replacing Craig is not enough. A new, fresh approach to producing Bond films is needed, with a new writer. How excited would you be about the prospect of a Bond film starring a new actor, but written by P&W?

Not excited at all, I'll give you that.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Yeah alot of unnecessary panic
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Yeah alot of unnecessary panic

I think the 'panic' you're referring to is down to the fact that a week ago we thought this film started production in three months with Danny Boyle directing.

Now Boyle is out and it's being delayed by an entire year.

It's very frustrating news and something that was entirely avoidable. I'm unsure why this was allowed to happen and the administrative oversight of this whole affair has been atrocious by Eon.

• QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    Ditch Craig, I was really bummed when he announced his return.
    Reboot the whole thing with Campbell or Nolan as directors.

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    QQ7 wrote: »
    Ditch Craig, I was really bummed when he announced his return.
    Reboot the whole thing with Campbell or Nolan as directors.

+1
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    Also, it would be lame if Bond 25 is just some lazy political pamflet against Putin.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    No, please don’t ditch Craig.
  • They aren't going to ditch Craig, no way, Bond 25 is being produced by 3: Michael G, Barbara, and Daniel himself. Unless Craig himself decides to step down, he will be Bond. Save the reboot for B26, lets just get this film on the right track with a finished script and director.
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    The whole thing is taking too bloody long, SF should have been Craig's high end note.
    Just my two cents.