James Bond on Blu-ray/4K

Comments

Ed83 wrote:
    Best Buy Having a Sale on James Bond Blurays. $4.99 a piece. Thats the best price I've seen for individual Bond Blurays.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/save-on-select-blu-ray-123968?ref=199&loc=NKa3hZyYoHA&siteID=NKa3hZyYoHA-yD0vxd8k6.zjtvnnPiq7rw

This is a fantastic deal! Thanks for sharing. For me personally, I prefer having the individual films, so that I can see the spine on the shelf for each title.

• MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    My Bond 50 and Skyfall blu ray should come tomorrow. Boy am I excited!
  • I have each Bondfilm in seven different copies, including Blu-Ray, but I've been thinking of buying the Bond 50 Blu-Ray set as well, since I´m a collector... What do you think?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I have each Bondfilm in seven different copies, including Blu-Ray, but I've been thinking of buying the Bond 50 Blu-Ray set as well, since I´m a collector... What do you think?

Well I don't really see the point in shelling out $80+ just for the box, but if you're a collector and have the money to spend, go for it. I sold all my DVD copies (sans a few) when I upgraded to blu-ray, and I still have TWINE on VHS.
  • Creasy47 wrote:
    I have each Bondfilm in seven different copies, including Blu-Ray, but I've been thinking of buying the Bond 50 Blu-Ray set as well, since I´m a collector... What do you think?

Well I don't really see the point in shelling out $80+ just for the box, but if you're a collector and have the money to spend, go for it. I sold all my DVD copies (sans a few) when I upgraded to blu-ray, and I still have TWINE on VHS.

I see. I managed to get the VHS-set a couple of months ago... for 3 dollars! The complete set from DN do DAD!
    edited July 2014 Posts: 40,450
    Very nice! I always thought about purchasing GE on VHS again just to have it, but it'll never beat the VHS copy I had when I was young. It had so much sentimental value to me, but I guess when I switched to the DVD version, I was young and things such as sentimentality didn't really do anything for me. It's amazing that I kept my TWINE VHS.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Very nice! I always thought about purchasing GE on VHS again just to have it, but it'll never beat the VHS copy I had when I was young. It had so much sentimental value to me, but I guess when I switched to the DVD version, I was young and things such as sentimentality didn't really do anything for me. It's amazing that I kept my TWINE VHS.

I think I have all the Bond movies on every format. I have them all on VHS at least twice. I have all the special edition DVD's and the Blu-rays. :D

Send one of those GE VHS copies my way then, @Murdock!
    Creasy47 wrote:

I believe I have four of them. I'd be happy too. :)
    Murdock wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

Well well, I'd be very delighted to take one, if you wouldn't mind! I could always send a few bucks your way via PayPal or something. I would love to set it up in my room somewhere, or even hook up the VCR upstairs and watch it on VHS for a bit of nostalgia.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

Well well, I'd be very delighted to take one, if you wouldn't mind! I could always send a few bucks your way via PayPal or something. I would love to set it up in my room somewhere, or even hook up the VCR upstairs and watch it on VHS for a bit of nostalgia.

I'll have to find them. I put my entire VHS collection in the garage because they were taking up too much space, but when I find one, I'll send you a PM.
    Sounds good, I look forward to the PM! I really appreciate it. :-)
  • Murdock wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

I think I have all the Bond movies on every format. I have them all on VHS at least twice. I have all the special edition DVD's and the Blu-rays. :D

Do you have the VHS-set that makes the image of all the Bonds when you connect them?? :)
    Murdock wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

Do you have the VHS-set that makes the image of all the Bonds when you connect them?? :)

Sadly I do not. I mostly have VHS tapes from these sets.
    51556BcslML.jpg

I also have several from CBS Fox and a set from the 80's dubbed the Connery and Moore classics.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Okay, so who has Bond sountracks on 8-Track? :P
  • Surely one advantage of these is that they have analogue sound, you have Barry's music as raw and vibrant as intended. Though maybe if the film was taped off the telly, with a higher standard tape, it would be even better.
    My Bond 50 BR set has arrived with my BR copy of Skyfall. I am so pleased with the boxset, you can tell a lot of hard work went into it. I'll be watching DN tonight, I really can't wait!
    My Bond 50 BR set has arrived with my BR copy of Skyfall. I am so pleased with the boxset, you can tell a lot of hard work went into it. I'll be watching DN tonight, I really can't wait!

Happy it arrived on time, hope you enjoy it! Let us know what you think of that wonderful blu-ray quality. If you're starting with DN, I'd suggest you do a proper marathon over the next few days/weeks to really notice the attention to detail and the progression of quality as it moves from the 60's all the way up to 2012.
    Creasy47 wrote:

Happy it arrived on time, hope you enjoy it! Let us know what you think of that wonderful blu-ray quality. If you're starting with DN, I'd suggest you do a proper marathon over the next few days/weeks to really notice the attention to detail and the progression of quality as it moves from the 60's all the way up to 2012.

Oh, certainly! I'll be doing a review of each film as I go, that I'll post in the "Last Bond film you watched" thread.
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 1,181
    You are in for a real treat for your first bluray viewing! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I was blown away with the early films.
    @MayDayDiVicenzo, sounds good, I look forward to reading them! I've never really been great with reviews, so what I did was I took about half of the films during my last marathon, and went through and commented on cool moments, what I loved, what I hated, lines, attire, kills, etc. that were cool, and just listed it as I went along. It was pretty fun.
    Yes, I'm not very good at film reviews, too. What I'll try to do in my reviews is to focus on things that don't get mentioned very often, aspects of the films that catch my eye or irk me. So it should be great fun reviewing the films, and writing up my views on every film, something I have not yet done on this forum.
    You never know what you can find by doing that! I remember making a lot of comparisons between TSWLM and QoS by doing that, which was really interesting.
    On my test run of the Bond 50 br set, I watched Moonraker last night. It was absolutely incredible! I always loved Moonraker, but on my dvd, the whole space station part felt like a nice but somehow detached gimmick. On br, it all makes perfect sense. The space station looks incredible. The whole last part of the film now really is the climax of the film. What a great investment this box set is :-)!
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    boldfinger wrote: »
    On my test run of the Bond 50 br set, I watched Moonraker last night. It was absolutely incredible! I always loved Moonraker, but on my dvd, the whole space station part felt like a nice but somehow detached gimmick. On br, it all makes perfect sense. The space station looks incredible. The whole last part of the film now really is the climax of the film. What a great investment this box set is :-)!

Snap! I watched Moonraker as well last night, on Bond50. Just absolutely gorgeous.
    Have the movies been ranked in this thread PQ-wise?
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    I'd say the 60's film, and the duo of Gilbert's movies in the 70's are the best picture quality.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    I was happy to see that my copy of Skyfall on Blu-ray included a digital copy. I'm hoping that future Bond releases also include them. It's nice having a collection of hard copies but I think it is even nicer having a collection of Bond films that you can watch on your cell phone, tablet, etc. anytime and anywhere.
    I have totally digitized my Bond Bluray Collection onto my computer so that I can play any of the films with a click of the button without loading discs. The files are huge, but you don't lose any quality that way. I also have Skyfall on Vudu, but I really don't have the bandwidth to constantly stream HD movies so I went with the other option of my harddrive.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    But you still have the hard copies, right?