What is your least favourite Moore 007 flick ?

Comments

• royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Opposites it seems :)
    7. Moonraker
    6. A View to a Kill
    5. Octopussy
    4. The Man With the Golden Gun
    3. Live and Let Die
    2. For Your Eyes Only
    1. The Spy Who Loved Me

DAD, AVTAK and MR are the worst films of the entire EON franchise (in my opinion).
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited June 2011 Posts: 15,691
    MR are the worst films of the entire EON franchise (in my opinion).

X_X
    The Man with the Golden Gun. EASILY the worst (not to offend- just my opinion) I mean, it's somehow MORE dated than older movies in the series- the tackiness overall- some of Bond's ridiculous blazers... ugh....
    Pepper wasn't THAT funny the first time- certainly no reason to bring him back.
    Moore is kind of a jerk in this movie (didn't know that was possible!)
    Terrible wasted opportunity for a cool fight- the dojo scene- irks me everytime the two girls beat up all the guys FOR Bond- then he tries to look so tough when he pushes that one last guy over

It does have 3 redeeming values though-- and just to be clear, I don't HATE this movie- it's just Moore's worst:
    *Christopher Lee
    *Britt in that bikini
    *Moore's one decent beat-em-up in his whole tenure (I'm referring of course to the scene when he swallows the golden bullet)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Master_Dahark I disagree with all your complaints on TMWTGG !! Moore is aweome, Pepper is fantastic and the fight with the 2 girls is bloody brilliant !!
    I will agree that Moore is awesome- love that guy! Just not so much in TMWTGG ;)
    Pepper is fantastic
    Can you give me two good reasons why he's fantastic?
    :/

I'm a big supporter of Golden Gun, but I still think this is the one casting choice that was a little misguided.
    Mine would stack up like this:

(in best to worst order)
    1. Live and Let Die
    2. Octopussy
    3. For Your Eyes Only
    4. The Spy Who Loved Me
    5. A View to a Kill
    6. The Man with the Golden Gun
    7. Moonraker
    Here's my list- best to worst

For Your Eyes Only
    Octopussy
    The Spy Who Loved Me
    A View to a Kill
    Moonraker
    Live and Let Die
    The Man with the Golden Gun
    My least favorite Moore 007 movie is Moonraker, but let it be said, that's just in Moore's rankings. As for my entire list of the 22, Moonraker is somewhere around #17, so it's not at all one of my least favorites.
    My least favourite is Octopussy. I dont know why...
    JBFan626 wrote:
    <blockquote rel="DaltonCraig007"> Pepper is fantastic </blockquote>

Can you give me two good reasons why he's fantastic?
    :/

I'm a big supporter of Golden Gun, but I still think this is the one casting choice that was a little misguided.

Can't explain why, I just love J.W. Pepper !! He's so awesome, he should have appeared in every Moore outings (atleast) !!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Can't explain why, I just love J.W. Pepper !! He's so awesome, he should have appeared in every Moore outings (atleast) !!

That's the part that scares me most.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 1,082
    My least favorite is FYEO, even though it is still good. Compared to the other Moore movies, however, it feels bland. The plot is ok, and the villians/henchman/everything are just ok.
    The fact that TMWTGG is leading this poll is ridiculous. It´s by far my favorite.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited March 2012 Posts: 23,569
    Pepper is an abomination, the road that would lead straight to Austin Powers had they continued using him for the Bonds. He's fine in LALD IMO, since the tone of the film allows his presence. Now, the tone of TMWTGG would allow for his presence as well but that tone is almost entirely the antithesis to what I consider good Bond material.
    The World Is Not Enough, Tomorrow Never Dies, Die Another Day, A View To A Kill and Quantum of Solace are my bottom 5.
    Rossi wrote:
    The World Is Not Enough, Tomorrow Never Dies, Die Another Day, A View To A Kill and Quantum of Solace are my bottom 5.

So then I suppose you voted for AVTAK. Is it because Moore was 56/57 while filming it?
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 157
    Rossi wrote:

So then I suppose you voted for AVTAK. Is it because Moore was 56/57 while filming it?

No. My vote is in AVTAK because the plot is a recycled one. It's a bad remake of Goldfinger, with some scenes and situations borrowed from Licence Renewed, For Special Services and Role of Honour. Poor John Gardner.
    edited March 2012 Posts: 15,691
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Pepper is an abomination

:-( I thought you were a man of good taste, Dimi :-(
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Pepper is an abomination, the road that would lead straight to Austin Powers had they continued using him for the Bonds. He's fine in LALD IMO, since the tone of the film allows his presence. Now, the tone of TMWTGG would allow for his presence as well but that tone is almost entirely the antithesis to what I consider good Bond material.

The car chase is very good and Pepper is like extra spice to the scene!

Leave Clifton James alone, he's done no harm to anyone. I fully endorse his participation in both his appearances, wish we could have had one or two more even

Can't believe I never repsonded to this thread

Least favorite Moore release, well A View to a Kill surely above all else, and quite rightly too, then Octopussy, after that The Spy Who Loved Me, then For Your Eyes Only, then Moonraker, after that Golden Gun, and we end with Live and Let die, which of course in order of this, is my favorite Moore release, and of the entire series in actual fact

Someone may have asked me recently, so there you go

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I am so surprised this thread was not all about AVTAK being the worst. Hmm. I am no fan of TMWTGG either. But AVTAK ranks at the bottom for me.
    Can I say DAD? That was a Moore flick made by chimpanzees.

To be fair there isnt a Moore I dislike. Each one has charm. humour and spectacle and is an absolute pleasure. Even the gorilla suits, Jaws in love, kung fu schoolgirls I can forgive because it all has oodles of charm.

As much as I love Dalts, Craig and Conners when I want to relax it is always a Moore I reach for. Of course it helps as I saw each one come out at the cinema. So each one reminds me of the Southend odeon, usherettes and actual queues to see movies.
    actonsteve wrote:
    I agree that DAD was a modernised Moore Bond film. The same could be said about TND.
    actonsteve wrote:
    I agree that DAD was a modernised Moore Bond film. The same could be said about TND.

You are spot on young man...

actonsteve wrote:

Yet Tomorrow Never Dies is insanely amazing! Modernized Moore or not, TND is awesome!
    actonsteve wrote:
    actonsteve wrote:

You are spot on young man...

Yes, and that might be why I like them so much. Since I love the Moore movies, this makes a great fit.

00Beast wrote:
    actonsteve wrote:

Yet Tomorrow Never Dies is insanely amazing! Modernized Moore or not, TND is awesome!

Yes, and Brosnan is really good. His second best appearance, after DAD.
    Stamper, Kaufmann and Carver are great villians. The BMW was a great gadget. This is the type of Bond movie that I really like and it fits my definition of Bond very well (not saying Bondian, since that might upset some people).
    00Beast wrote:
    actonsteve wrote:

Yes, and Brosnan is really good. His second best appearance, after DAD.
    Stamper, Kaufmann and Carver are great villians. The BMW was a great gadget. This is the type of Bond movie that I really like and it fits my definition of Bond very well (not saying Bondian, since that might upset some people).

Say it anyway! Haha, I agree, it is Bondian, and it fits my definition of Bond as well.
    I know I am in danger of incurring the wrath of DC007 but I think it would have to be Moonraker, I like a bit of silliness but this one is a bit too crazy, Jaws is so bad in this movie, I think if Bond had stopped Drax going into space rather actually going in to space it would have been a better film but the first half is pretty good and the visuals and music are great. I think it's just the all round confindence displayed on screen which keeps this above the dross like DAD.