What is your least favourite Moore 007 flick ?

Comments

• PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    Thanks, Luds. :)
    Luds, what's so bad about Spy? It's friggin' awesome.
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 503
    AVTAK. I already posted this but just doing a test post here.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    edited March 2011 Posts: 1,986
    Quoting The_Reaper: Luds, what's so bad about Spy? It's friggin' awesome.
    Wrote this a long ago, likely 2006ish, but you'll be able to see my beef with the flick. I would likely have a much more polished stomping of the film now rather than an aggressive kick to its groin, but the feeling remains the same. ;)

Fan Review on Main site, second one from the top. I gave it a nice little spanking! :-q

Barbara Bach: >-)
    "...it is a complete failure and a disgrace for the franchise."

A bit of hyberpole, no? You are entitled to your opinion, of course Luds. But I disagree completely with eveything you said in that review. :-?
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Yeah I went a bit far about complete failure and disgrace, DAD and TWINE are worse ;)
    I'm not particularly keen on TMWTGG. Moore is good, but neither the girls, villain or plot do very much for me. Its greatest strengths are the beautiful locations IMO.

I rank the Moore-Bonds as follows:

1 TSWLM
    2 FYEO
    3 AVTAK
    4 LALD
    5 OP
    6 MR
    7 TMWTGG
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    The Man With The Golden Gun. There was so many things wrong with that movie, even though Christopher Lee's Scaramanga is one of my favorite villains.
    Definately Moonraker, no questions asked! Even the other despised Moore movie, TMWTGG, is far better in my book than MR. At least it's plot stayed "down-to-Earth", no pun intended. There is just so little to watch after Bond leaves Venice, but even that gondola chase beforehand was exceptionally cheesy and very non-Bond-like.
    ok so which one of this is my least fav moore flick.
    for me it is the movies without any vote.lol i feel like the lonely indian lol
    from worse to best
    1.FYEO
    2.OP
    3.MR
    4.TMWTGG
    5.LALD
    6.AVTAK
    7.TSWLM
    TMWTGG, the book is so much better and wasn't even polished by Fleming befre the man died.
    With the exception of Lee's interpretation of Scaramanga I agree SM.
    Great to see OP with no votes in this category!
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    Indeed. Does that mean it's seen as the best Moore Bond film?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited June 2011 Posts: 13,350
    Indeed. Does that mean it's seen as the best Moore Bond film?
    Perhaps just as the one that everyone agrees is 'average' or 'good'.
  • Close call between TMWTGG and TSWLM... but I'll vote for the former.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Worst in top to bottom order

AVTAK
    TSWLM
    MR
    LALD
    TMWTGG
    OP
    FYEO
  • SharkShark Banned
    edited June 2011 Posts: 348
    THE SPY WHO LOVED ME without a doubt. 70s precursor to the Brosnan era/error.
  • I'm probably not the best person to offer an opinion as I've only seen 4 of Moore's films:

OP - saw it in the theatre when we couldn't get in to NSNA. Thought it was okay, but vastly inferior to Connery's films.
    FYEO - saw it on DVD about 8 years ago. Didn't live up to the hype but I thought it was good - but not great...maybe it would have seemed better if I had seen MR beforehand ;-)
    TSWLM - saw it in a rep theatre a couple of years ago. Good, but not great.
    LALD - saw it on TV three years ago. Terrible, terrible Bond film. I can't give details because it was so unmemorable that I can't recall anything to do with plot, pacing, direction, editing, etc.
    Definitely The Man With the Golden Gun. Moore himself was pretty good in this one, but overall the movie is just horrible, and easily ranks as one of the worst in the entire series.
    AVTAK used to me one of my all time favourite Bond movies but now it's well down the list, however my least favourite Moore movie is LALD.
    In my opinion it is a bland movie with a mediocre plot and some weak characters. It's certainly not a Bond movie I can watch over and over again
    Wow! I had no idea so many people were down on LALD! Personally, it's my second favorite Bond movie, and has been for some time now!
    Moonraker is my least favourite of the Moore flicks. Bits and pieces of it were absolutely magnificent (Production design, the score, and the glass factory fight), but, all in all, it's just plain silly.

7. Moonraker
    6. A View to a Kill
    5. The Man With the Golden Gun
    4. The Spy Who Loved Me
    3. For Your Eyes Only
    2. Octopussy
    1. Live and Let Die
  • edited June 2011 Posts: 251
    I think maybe AVTAK, Bond is a little too gentle in this movie. Moore still has bags of charm though, and there are many plusses! I love the cast, especially Grace Jones as May Day, and Duran Duran made a good effort.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited June 2011 Posts: 4,450
    Moonraker:

7. Moonraker (20/22)
    6. The Spy Who Loved Me (13/22)
    5. The Man With The Golden Gun (11/22)
    4. Octopussy (10/22)
    3. Live And Let Die (7/22)
    2. A View To A Kill (5/22)
    1. For Your Eyes Only (4/22)
  • I used to always think "The Man With The Golden Gun" was the worst Moore film, but the more I watch it, the more I enjoy it (having traveled to Thailand and Hong Kong helped this fact). I am going to nominate "For Your Eyes Only", it has good elements, but it just feels and looks flat.
  • edited June 2011 Posts: 1,644
    Listening to Flight into Space......still cant believe Barry is gone.

1. FYEO (the way its lit might not be the most flattering but I find it tremendously exciting nonetheless......80s FRWL almost)

2. OP (very underrated , very plausible plot.....some sillyness but its not very distracting , Khan is underrated villain)

3. TSWLM (style over substance , true.....but the style is just freakin awesome , 70s GF. Stromberg is oldskool cruel but gets overshadowed by Jaws. Bach not the best actress but enjoyed the character , this isnt plot driven anyway so can accept it)

4. AVTAK (underrated , not the greatest plot but believable.....slooooow paced but I enjoy it. Zorin was among the best 80s/90s villains at least. I wouldve kept the firetruck scene but it would be scary as hell to watch , the taxi scene is all right minus the silly French man. The last part delivers in true Bond style imo)

5. MR (totally OTT but great fun if youre in the mood , Jaws shouldve been cruel though......but that wouldnt really fit in this. Drax has wonderful presence)

6. LALD (fun but again script aint the best , I loved Solitaire/Kananga though)

7. TMWTGG (find it hard to digest.......havent seen it in many yrs , should give it another chance)
    Voted wrong......only 1 dislike on FYEO , thank you very much.....lol
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    1. OP
    2. FYEO
    3. Spy
    4. LALD
    5. AVTAK
    6. TMWTGG
    7. MR

I really appreciate MR, but the OTT-ness and overt humour are still turnoffs but there are a plethora of strengths to compensate; Moore, Lonsdale, Barry and Adam all spring to mind.

OP is the ideal blend of Spy and FYEO. :-D
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Wow royal65 - My favorite Moore outings are #1 TMWTGG and #2 MR !!