OMEGA appreciation thread (formerly Reliable Omega replica watches?)

145791019

Comments

  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Posts: 11,139
    Just watched the trailer for Season 2 of West World and our very own Jeffrey Wright's character is seen washed up on a beach, with his WoS era planet ocean in the sand next to him.
  • Posts: 632
    doubleoego wrote: »
    f3d45dde4ec42d19d5eecf7c041cf060.jpg

    f8aac24cb4b21873d1b5c359d0afef5d.jpg

    The new style of waves on the blue is starting to remind me of the Pepsi logo. Doesn't help that I later saw someone make a "Pepsi" version of it for April Fool's!
  • 001001
    Posts: 1,575
    Do omega have this technology yet ?

    1961792834_orig.jpg

  • Posts: 2,189
    001 wrote: »
    Do omega have this technology yet ?

    1961792834_orig.jpg

    I don't think that Omega have any interest in such tech. They are in the business of fine mechanical watch-making, not techy gadgets, despite the Bond connection.
  • Posts: 632
    WFdyW7r.jpg

    No waves, no regrets.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    Posts: 972
    001 wrote: »
    Do omega have this technology yet ?

    1961792834_orig.jpg

    I don't think that Omega have any interest in such tech. They are in the business of fine mechanical watch-making, not techy gadgets, despite the Bond connection.

    Yeah. Their greatest technology thus far is making their watches resistant to magnetism up to 15000 gauss. Pretty amazing imo.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    Posts: 972
    Omega's latest publicity image of Bond wearing the latest SMP.... Potential to be the next Bond watch for Bond 25 maybe... Hmmm..

    43273239275_2cb6c3472d_b.jpg
  • Posts: 632
    If only they didn’t just lose the director...
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    Posts: 972
    What a screw up. I'm a fan of Danny Boyle's work.... Such a waste. And filming is supposed to begin in a few months time....
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Posts: 2,630
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Posts: 15,423
    Craig is merely visible in the ad. Are we to expect a longer version of this commercial?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited September 2018 Posts: 23,883
    Craig is merely visible in the ad. Are we to expect a longer version of this commercial?
    I noticed that too. Rather strange, no? Why go through all the trouble of inserting a dinner jacket clad high priced actor in a pool if you're hardly going to show him in action. Oh well. The music was cool and it's a moody ad, but frankly I expected more.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Posts: 15,423
    bondjames wrote: »
    Craig is merely visible in the ad. Are we to expect a longer version of this commercial?
    I noticed that too. Rather strange, no? Why go through all the trouble of inserting a dinner jacket clad high priced actor in a pool if you're hardly going to show him in action. Oh well. The music was cool and it's a moody ad, but frankly I expected more.
    Sums up my feelings about it.
  • Posts: 632
    I was thrilled by it, but to each his own.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    Posts: 972
    It probably wasn't even Craig doing the swimming.. Most likely a stunt double.. Lol
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Posts: 15,423
    imranbecks wrote: »
    It probably wasn't even Craig doing the swimming.. Most likely a stunt double.. Lol
    That’s what I thought as well.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited September 2018 Posts: 23,883
    JET007 wrote: »
    Yes, we noticed that about a month ago when news of this ad broke. The point is more that given he is actually in the tank, why didn't they take more advantage of it in the filming? It seems like a wasted opportunity.

    Also, just to answer a question which was posted on the production thread about a month ago, this is an Omega ad featuring Daniel Craig. It is not a James Bond related ad, as there are no OO7 markings anywhere. So there is no guarantee that this revamped Seamaster will be worn in the film either.
  • Posts: 632
    There may not be any 007 markings, but I'd say that's the audience they're aiming for though. Craig has done publicity before as a brand ambassador, but it's been as "him" in far less formal wear. I'd be very surprised if we don't see a 007 edition of this new model soon. Conde+Naste+Traveler+mag+Omega+Daniel+Craig+Orbis+International+pg02-03+05-2011.jpg
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited September 2018 Posts: 23,883
    He is a brand ambassador for Omega. He is also a specific brand ambassador for the Hour Vision Orbis (the watch in that link above).

    I just want to restate that the ad above is an Omega Seamaster ad featuring Daniel Craig. Of course they are drawing a link to Bond. They did that with Brosnan as well during his run. However, it is not a James Bond Omega ad. Those are quite different, and feature watches from the film.

    He has a dual role for Omega. One as himself and one as Bond.
  • Posts: 632
    I get that, but in this long cinematic drought since Spectre's release, I'll take any hint of Bond I can get, especially as we're waiting till 2020 now.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Posts: 23,883
    JET007 wrote: »
    I get that, but in this long cinematic drought since Spectre's release, I'll take any hint of Bond I can get, especially as we're waiting till 2020 now.
    I agree. I look forward to the Heineken ad and hope it's better than the one they did for SP, which I wasn't a fan of.
  • Posts: 632
    bondjames wrote: »
    JET007 wrote: »
    I get that, but in this long cinematic drought since Spectre's release, I'll take any hint of Bond I can get, especially as we're waiting till 2020 now.
    I agree. I look forward to the Heineken ad and hope it's better than the one they did for SP, which I wasn't a fan of.

    I'm looking forward to it, too. Weird to think it's been shot and is just sitting on a shelf somewhere, waiting...
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Posts: 9,048
    JET007 wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »
    JET007 wrote: »
    I get that, but in this long cinematic drought since Spectre's release, I'll take any hint of Bond I can get, especially as we're waiting till 2020 now.
    I agree. I look forward to the Heineken ad and hope it's better than the one they did for SP, which I wasn't a fan of.

    I'm looking forward to it, too. Weird to think it's been shot and is just sitting on a shelf somewhere, waiting...

    Personally, I watch this video to just to catch a glimpse of DC as a 007 avatar in this. Plus I adore watches.

    My utility go-to at the moment is Seiko's Orange Monster. Masculine, and tough. Love it.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Posts: 9,048
    And, around the 8 second mark-- is that the back of a gun holster strapped to the torso?
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    Posts: 972
    JET007 wrote: »

    It's definitely him in that shallow water for that photoshoot. But I doubt it's him in the deep water shot of the commercial where they showed someone swimming up wearing a suit from behind.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Posts: 2,504
    omega-seamaster-300m-exhibition-ion-orchard-singapore-2018.jpg

    The James Bond watch turns 25 this year, with an exhibition at ION Orchard
    https://channelnewsasia.com/news/lifestyle/omega-seamaster-300m-james-bond-watch-exhibition-ion-orchard-10758356
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    Posts: 972
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    omega-seamaster-300m-exhibition-ion-orchard-singapore-2018.jpg

    The James Bond watch turns 25 this year, with an exhibition at ION Orchard
    https://channelnewsasia.com/news/lifestyle/omega-seamaster-300m-james-bond-watch-exhibition-ion-orchard-10758356

    Since it's in Singapore which is where i'm at, I'll definitely be going!
  • Posts: 632
    imranbecks wrote: »
    JET007 wrote: »

    It's definitely him in that shallow water for that photoshoot. But I doubt it's him in the deep water shot of the commercial where they showed someone swimming up wearing a suit from behind.

    I dunno. The other angle shows that water to not be so shallow. I'd like to think it's him! Have fun at the exhibition and take pictures for us!
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    edited October 2018 Posts: 2,504
    senatus_OfckgD.jpg

    A look at the heritage tunnel from the exhibit (viaSenatus)
Sign In or Register to comment.