OMEGA appreciation thread (formerly Reliable Omega replica watches?)

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Just watched the trailer for Season 2 of West World and our very own Jeffrey Wright's character is seen washed up on a beach, with his WoS era planet ocean in the sand next to him.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    f3d45dde4ec42d19d5eecf7c041cf060.jpg

f8aac24cb4b21873d1b5c359d0afef5d.jpg

The new style of waves on the blue is starting to remind me of the Pepsi logo. Doesn't help that I later saw someone make a "Pepsi" version of it for April Fool's!
    Do omega have this technology yet ?

1961792834_orig.jpg

001 wrote: »

1961792834_orig.jpg

I don't think that Omega have any interest in such tech. They are in the business of fine mechanical watch-making, not techy gadgets, despite the Bond connection.
    WFdyW7r.jpg

No waves, no regrets.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    001 wrote: »

1961792834_orig.jpg

I don't think that Omega have any interest in such tech. They are in the business of fine mechanical watch-making, not techy gadgets, despite the Bond connection.

Yeah. Their greatest technology thus far is making their watches resistant to magnetism up to 15000 gauss. Pretty amazing imo.
    Omega's latest publicity image of Bond wearing the latest SMP.... Potential to be the next Bond watch for Bond 25 maybe... Hmmm..

43273239275_2cb6c3472d_b.jpg
    If only they didn’t just lose the director...
    What a screw up. I'm a fan of Danny Boyle's work.... Such a waste. And filming is supposed to begin in a few months time....
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Craig is merely visible in the ad. Are we to expect a longer version of this commercial?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited September 2018 Posts: 23,883
    Craig is merely visible in the ad. Are we to expect a longer version of this commercial?
    I noticed that too. Rather strange, no? Why go through all the trouble of inserting a dinner jacket clad high priced actor in a pool if you're hardly going to show him in action. Oh well. The music was cool and it's a moody ad, but frankly I expected more.
    bondjames wrote: »
    I noticed that too. Rather strange, no? Why go through all the trouble of inserting a dinner jacket clad high priced actor in a pool if you're hardly going to show him in action. Oh well. The music was cool and it's a moody ad, but frankly I expected more.
    Sums up my feelings about it.
    I was thrilled by it, but to each his own.
    It probably wasn't even Craig doing the swimming.. Most likely a stunt double.. Lol
    imranbecks wrote: »
    It probably wasn't even Craig doing the swimming.. Most likely a stunt double.. Lol
    That’s what I thought as well.
    JET007 wrote: »
    Yes, we noticed that about a month ago when news of this ad broke. The point is more that given he is actually in the tank, why didn't they take more advantage of it in the filming? It seems like a wasted opportunity.

Also, just to answer a question which was posted on the production thread about a month ago, this is an Omega ad featuring Daniel Craig. It is not a James Bond related ad, as there are no OO7 markings anywhere. So there is no guarantee that this revamped Seamaster will be worn in the film either.
    There may not be any 007 markings, but I'd say that's the audience they're aiming for though. Craig has done publicity before as a brand ambassador, but it's been as "him" in far less formal wear. I'd be very surprised if we don't see a 007 edition of this new model soon. Conde+Naste+Traveler+mag+Omega+Daniel+Craig+Orbis+International+pg02-03+05-2011.jpg
    He is a brand ambassador for Omega. He is also a specific brand ambassador for the Hour Vision Orbis (the watch in that link above).

I just want to restate that the ad above is an Omega Seamaster ad featuring Daniel Craig. Of course they are drawing a link to Bond. They did that with Brosnan as well during his run. However, it is not a James Bond Omega ad. Those are quite different, and feature watches from the film.

He has a dual role for Omega. One as himself and one as Bond.
    I get that, but in this long cinematic drought since Spectre's release, I'll take any hint of Bond I can get, especially as we're waiting till 2020 now.
    I get that, but in this long cinematic drought since Spectre's release, I'll take any hint of Bond I can get, especially as we're waiting till 2020 now.
    I agree. I look forward to the Heineken ad and hope it's better than the one they did for SP, which I wasn't a fan of.
    I agree. I look forward to the Heineken ad and hope it's better than the one they did for SP, which I wasn't a fan of.

I'm looking forward to it, too. Weird to think it's been shot and is just sitting on a shelf somewhere, waiting...
  • peterpeter Toronto

I'm looking forward to it, too. Weird to think it's been shot and is just sitting on a shelf somewhere, waiting...

Personally, I watch this video to just to catch a glimpse of DC as a 007 avatar in this. Plus I adore watches.

My utility go-to at the moment is Seiko's Orange Monster. Masculine, and tough. Love it.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    And, around the 8 second mark-- is that the back of a gun holster strapped to the torso?

It's definitely him in that shallow water for that photoshoot. But I doubt it's him in the deep water shot of the commercial where they showed someone swimming up wearing a suit from behind.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    omega-seamaster-300m-exhibition-ion-orchard-singapore-2018.jpg

The James Bond watch turns 25 this year, with an exhibition at ION Orchard
    https://channelnewsasia.com/news/lifestyle/omega-seamaster-300m-james-bond-watch-exhibition-ion-orchard-10758356
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    omega-seamaster-300m-exhibition-ion-orchard-singapore-2018.jpg

The James Bond watch turns 25 this year, with an exhibition at ION Orchard
    https://channelnewsasia.com/news/lifestyle/omega-seamaster-300m-james-bond-watch-exhibition-ion-orchard-10758356

Since it's in Singapore which is where i'm at, I'll definitely be going!
    imranbecks wrote: »

It's definitely him in that shallow water for that photoshoot. But I doubt it's him in the deep water shot of the commercial where they showed someone swimming up wearing a suit from behind.

I dunno. The other angle shows that water to not be so shallow. I'd like to think it's him! Have fun at the exhibition and take pictures for us!
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    edited October 2018 Posts: 2,496
    senatus_OfckgD.jpg

A look at the heritage tunnel from the exhibit (viaSenatus)