SPECTRE--last Craig-era film?

13468925

Comments

  • ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    Posts: 757
    I just hope that knee injury he got doesn't take the wind out of his sails too much
  • Posts: 1,552
    My understanding was that SPECTRE is the first film of two in a story arc
    Wasn't this axed early on, when Mendes agreed to take over?

  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Posts: 11,139
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Anyone who honestly believes SP is Craig's last is dreaming. He'll be back for Bond 25 at least and after that who knows. I'd like him to do 2 more, which would bring him up to around age 50 but preferences aside, he'll definitely be back for Bond 25.

    And even more so. If Tom Cruise can do a fifth ("M:I"-film), and Vin Diesel can do a sixth ("Furious"-film), then for God sake Daniel Craig at least must do a 5th Bond film! :-)

    Precisely. I think Barbara and Michael have an amazingly close and profound relationship with Craig which transcends the producer/lead actor relationship dynamic to that of what came before the Craig era. I recently watched interviews of Brosnan promoting all 4 of his Bond movies and it is crystal clear that he got nowhere near the level of creative input and professional consideration that Craig gets, which imo is understandable. However, with Craig being so popular and his iconic status as Bond proliferating, coupled with hollywood action protagonists credibly doing their thing surpassing the age of 50, I forsee Craig doing at the very very least 1 more film. Yo've mentioned Cruise and Diesel. Diesel is a year older than Craig, Will Smith is the same age as Craig, Damon is 3 or 4 years youndger than Craig and will be reprising his role as Bourne....so bearing such things in mind, EoN will take care of their man Craig and try to get as many movies as they can with him. SP will not be his last that's for sure.
  • Posts: 11,119
    doubleoego wrote: »
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Anyone who honestly believes SP is Craig's last is dreaming. He'll be back for Bond 25 at least and after that who knows. I'd like him to do 2 more, which would bring him up to around age 50 but preferences aside, he'll definitely be back for Bond 25.

    And even more so. If Tom Cruise can do a fifth ("M:I"-film), and Vin Diesel can do a sixth ("Furious"-film), then for God sake Daniel Craig at least must do a 5th Bond film! :-)

    Precisely. I think Barbara and Michael have an amazingly close and profound relationship with Craig which transcends the producer/lead actor relationship dynamic to that of what came before the Craig era. I recently watched interviews of Brosnan promoting all 4 of his Bond movies and it is crystal clear that he got nowhere near the level of creative input and professional consideration that Craig gets, which imo is understandable. However, with Craig being so popular and his iconic status as Bond proliferating, coupled with hollywood action protagonists credibly doing their thing surpassing the age of 50, I forsee Craig doing at the very very least 1 more film. Yo've mentioned Cruise and Diesel. Diesel is a year older than Craig, Will Smith is the same age as Craig, Damon is 3 or 4 years youndger than Craig and will be reprising his role as Bourne....so bearing such things in mind, EoN will take care of their man Craig and try to get as many movies as they can with him. SP will not be his last that's for sure.

    Fully agreed ;-). Let's hope Daniel Craig will stay with us a long time!
  • Posts: 1,552
    The only hope I have is, that they take his age into account. Even though Moore aged, his Bond didn't seem to and it didn't always work.
  • Posts: 6,432
    JCRendle wrote: »
    My understanding was that SPECTRE is the first film of two in a story arc
    Wasn't this axed early on, when Mendes agreed to take over?
    I recently heard it again, think it was on AMC movie talk can't be sure will have a look when I get chance.
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 6,432
    http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/spectre/34102/spectre-reported-to-set-up-two-part-story

    @JCRendle could be this I am thinking of, pretty much avoided as much SPECTRE related news as possible so not fully aware of many aspects of the film and what may come after.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Posts: 5,131
    Bale would have made an excellent Bond....he's too famous now though. He is a far superior actor to Affleck too.
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 1,661
    According to MG Wilson:
    As for how many more 007 movies Craig is contracted for, Wilson replied, "We want him for as long as he wants. That's the simple answer." Broccoli also noted that the actor's contract is "open-ended." (Craig is currently slated to play 007 through Bond 25.)

    I suppose "open-ended" means Daniel Craig could choose to retire after SPECTRE and the producers would not object. But I guess it's very likely he'll honour his contract and do a fifth Bond film. I suppose the only issue would be if Daniel Craig genuinely thought his health was being compromised playing the part. He has suffered a knee injury filming SPECTRE. As you get older the body does tend to ache a lot more! If Craig has suffered severe pain from the filming, he might reconsider doing another film. It does seem unlikely but you never know...
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Posts: 11,139
    Craig has injured himself on the set of every Bond film he's done. His arm was in a sling due to an accident on the set of QoS. By now, sustaining some sort of injury making these movies should be expected; I don't see it as a legitimate cause to consider calling it quits. Craig is in good shape and relatively young. If it means employing more stuntmen...then so be it.
  • Posts: 1,661
    As mentioned in this thread, he's contracted to do five films so assuming he's in reasonable health - I can't imagine he'd retire from the role. It's very unlikely. Like some other fans, I think it's likely he'll quit after Bond 25. Five films is an impressive run.

  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Posts: 11,139
    I'd like him to do 6 personally but 5 is an impressively healthy run.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Posts: 4,554
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Craig has injured himself on the set of every Bond film he's done. His arm was in a sling due to an accident on the set of QoS. By now, sustaining some sort of injury making these movies should be expected; I don't see it as a legitimate cause to consider calling it quits. Craig is in good shape and relatively young. If it means employing more stuntmen...then so be it.

    I'm only six weeks younger than Craig. This is good to know. LOL
  • Posts: 11,425
    I'm fairly sure DC will do at least one more. I also wonder whether Mendes will want to do a third. I think it's a distinct possibility now, whereas before I was sure he wouldn't do a second.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Posts: 4,554
    Getafix wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure DC will do at least one more. I also wonder whether Mendes will want to do a third. I think it's a distinct possibility now, whereas before I was sure he wouldn't do a second.

    agreed
  • Posts: 725
    I think EON will back a brinks truck up in his driveway and make it very difficult for him to say no. Total financial security is tough to turn down, particularly if SP is another big hit. It also feels like SP has a major continuing story line with Swann and Blofeld and it would just seem very weird if EON dropped a new Bond into 25. But who knows what will happen. It seems to all depends on SP's success and Craig's interest.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Posts: 17,731
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Craig has injured himself on the set of every Bond film he's done. His arm was in a sling due to an accident on the set of QoS. By now, sustaining some sort of injury making these movies should be expected; I don't see it as a legitimate cause to consider calling it quits. Craig is in good shape and relatively young. If it means employing more stuntmen...then so be it.
    Tom Cruise is older than Craig & he's still rockin' with few if any stuntmen... but we all can't be that dedicated. Or crazy. :))
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Posts: 4,554
    chrisisall wrote: »
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Craig has injured himself on the set of every Bond film he's done. His arm was in a sling due to an accident on the set of QoS. By now, sustaining some sort of injury making these movies should be expected; I don't see it as a legitimate cause to consider calling it quits. Craig is in good shape and relatively young. If it means employing more stuntmen...then so be it.
    Tom Cruise is older than Craig & he's still rockin' with few if any stuntmen... but we all can't be that dedicated. Or crazy. :))

    Cruise has kept himself in great shape for the past 30 years. Craig smoked until recently and was known for loving his pints. So I am not sure DC can do Cruise's thing--few can.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Posts: 10,588
    I didn't know Craig was a smoker.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited April 2015 Posts: 4,554
    Yep. DC was never terribly fond of the gym yet worked his arse off for CR. Then, he let himself go a little and had to work even harder to get in shape for QoS. From what I understand that year off, eating, drinking, and smoking between CR and QoS was hard on him. So he did a better job of staying in shape after QoS. But he had to pudge up a little for TGWTDT.

    Since meeting Rachel, I think he's quit smoking and remained in really good shape.

    daniel+craig.jpg

    And here you can see his post CR bod. I love it. The guy totally went for the beer and chips. Who can blame him?

    gallery6425KopiaDanielCraig.jpg
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Posts: 3,157
    jake24 wrote: »
    I didn't know Craig was a smoker.
    Me neither, which is ironic considering his Bond doesn't smoke.
  • Posts: 11,119
    Is this topic still hot?? I just don't get it. So let's have a look at this list:

    --> Robert Downey Jr.: Will appear a 5th time as Tony Stark in a Marvel movie. A 6th Tony Stark-outing has been confirmed.
    --> Tom Cruise: Will appear for his 5th time as IMF-secret agent Ethan Hunt in "Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation"
    --> Matt Damon: Will return for a 4th time as secret agent Jason Bourne, after Jeremy Renner had his own "George Lazenby experience"
    --> The late Paul Walker: Eventually he starred 6 times as Brian O'Conner in "The Fast & Furious"-franchise. Did most of his own action

    So, franchise movies have never been as hot as today. Especially since Marvel brought continuity with characters to new levels. So I'm very very surprised that we're still discussing this. After SP the Bond producers will beg Daniel Craig to do a 5th film. On top of that, and many people forgot about it, two weeks ago in Mexico City Daniel Craig said again he loved playing Bond. He said he got sincere thrills from driving that Aston Martin DB10 in Rome.

    Nothing is certain yet, but also nothing is pointing at a departure from Craig after SP. All that analysis about Craig's open-ended contract.....does not point in the slightest at a departure anytime soon. It's merely a legal fact. Nothing more. Then again, the "media" has been feeding all this nonsense about "Who will follow up Craig" constantly.

    People don't ask that from Tom Cruise, Robert Downey Jr, or anyone else. So let's not feed this discussion more. And Idris Elba? He's absolutely dumb by commenting on a future Bond outing. Blaiming Craig for all these rumours? Sjee, if you weren't that narcist, you would stick better into Barbara's and Michael's mind. Bond needs an actor who's humble, who lacks the "I'm the STAR!" mentality. Obviously Idris Elba has proven himself otherwise. Bye Idris.


  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Posts: 45,489
    I heard Idris Elba has been asked to take over as Wolverine.
  • Posts: 12,511
    I heard Idris Elba is Disney's NEW Indiana Jones!
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Posts: 3,157
    I heard Idris Elba will replace Chris Pratt in the the sequel to Jurassic World.
  • tqbtqb
    Posts: 1,022
    I heard Idris Elba is blofeld!
  • Posts: 12,511
    I heard Idris Elba is taking over as the NEW Hulk! :-O
  • Posts: 11,119
    LOL >:) . I heard Idris Elba takes over as the new JOKER!

    But wait a second, actually Idris Elba will play the villain in the upcoming Star Trek film. That's a fact ;-).
  • Posts: 12,511
    Just in! Idris Elba is taking over the role of Sherlock from BC!!!!! >-)
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Posts: 2,138
    Daniel Craig to play Nelson Mandela.
Sign In or Register to comment.