Spectre title song - Writing's on the Wall

Comments

@JWESTBROOK that is true indeed! The even had a very bond like opening for the BBC TV show London spy.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Radiohead's song is flat out gorgeous. It doesn't quite fit the title sequence, which was designed around WotW.
  • JNOJNO Finland
    This Radiohead song was boring and messy. I didn´t like it at all.

I´m glad they went on with mr. Smith. But that doesn´t mean his effort was any better... it´s like picking the least shit candidate.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    There are so many talented musicians and songwriters out there. Why not ask any of those?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    http://www.gq.com/story/radiohead-james-bond-spectre-theme
    GQ magazine call Radiohead's theme " Super weird "
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    There are so many talented musicians and songwriters out there. Why not ask any of those?
    Because they want money instead.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    jake24 wrote: »

What did Sam get?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited December 2015 Posts: 10,588
    jake24 wrote: »

What did Sam get?
    'They' as in the producers. Hiring a big name artist like Smith will undoubtedly benefit box office returns. I love WotW, but there were far more inspired choices to go for. I get the sense that EON would sacrifice quality over quantity at times.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Radiohead was likely ask to do it by Mr. Craig.
  • TreefingersTreefingers Isthmus City, Republic of Isthmus
    edited December 2015 Posts: 191
    I am utterly gutted to learn this, but still happy to listen to this song. I'll always have it, just not linked to the piece of film it should have. Maybe one day, one day...

I love its jazzy 'Pyramid Song' feel, I can only imagine how the finished product might have ended if this was just a demo.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    While I'm not a big fan of the song and not sure it deserved to win, it's still a treat to have anything from a Bond film win a major award. So well done!
  • I agree with bondbat007. If WOTW won, it strikes me that it was a bad year for song in films and therefore the bar was sufficiently lowered. Still, a win for a Bond film -- any win -- is always welcome. Let's consider the award a warning shot -- to live up to expectations next time.
    "SKYFALL" wasn't any better. In fact, "THE WRITING ON THE WALL" and "SKYFALL" are the only two Bond theme songs I cannot remember.

So . . . congratulations to Sam Smith.
    Despite all the criticism Mr Smith and Mr Napier received for their title song for "SPECTRE", we need to properly celebrate another prestigious Movie Award Win for a James Bond film. It's unique. Something that previously only our mums, dads and grandparents experienced in the 1960's.

Also, please show you are a gentleman. Congratulate Mr Sam Smith and Mr James Napier for this wonderful win. Regardless of what you think of the song, for them the song was produced from their hearts. Regarding the song......I think "Writing's On The Wall" is better than "You Know My Name", "Die Another Day" and "Another Way To Die". Anyway...let's celebrate!!

Sam Smith's acceptance speech:

Sam Smith's press conference:

And by the way: Hail to the James Bond franchise!!
  • AnthraxAnthrax Sweden
    I liked Writing's On the Wall, though I did not like the parts were he went high-pitched.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I love the song, so am happy to see it getting some recognition
    congratulations to all involved in it. =D>
    Well, I do prefer Radioheads song, but congratulations are in order. I certainly don't agree that's its better than YKMN, as I think that's the finest Craig era song.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    I certainly don't agree that's its better than YKMN, as I think that's the finest Craig era song.

Seconded - by quite a big margin, too.
    I heard some people go as far as saying that Writing's on the Wall is worse that Another Way to Die, I mean come on..
    Gummy wrote: »
    I heard some people go as far as saying that Writing's on the Wall is worse that Another Way to Die, I mean come on..

Apparently.....it's emotion :-).
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    edited January 2016 Posts: 3,000
    Fan Made Spectre Theme;
    echo wrote: »
    That great I happy for Sam Smith
  • Writing's on the Wall nominated for BEST ORIGINAL SONG. :-p
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Writing's on the Wall nominated for BEST ORIGINAL SONG. :-p

You must be joking :))
    edited January 2016 Posts: 10,588
    =)) :)) =)) :))

:-@
  • As a 007 fan, I am happy with this news, two Golden Globes on a row, two Academy Award nominations and maybe two Oscars ... ;))
  • I guess I'm really not the only one who likes the song, then :)
    It won the Golden globe, most Globe winners go on to win the Oscar. Is the song Oscar worthy like Adele's "Skyfall" ?
    Only the Academy voters know...
    I guess I'm really not the only one who likes the song, then :)

I love it. I think it's Oscar worthy.