Spaghetti Western fans?

Comments

No. It's a spaghetti swashbuckler. There have been quite a few in the fifties and sixties, some even featuring down on their luck american actors. Oh, and for what it's worth, it's one of the worst versions of the character, although not as bad as the one with Sean Flynn.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Really glad to see there are members who love this genre. It’s my second favourite right after spy fiction.

And yes, Gerard is right on all accounts. I wouldn’t call it a Spaghetti Western at all, since Zorro isn’t of the ‘western’ genre to begin with. The term Spaghetti Swashbucker doesn’t exist, l as far as I know. I could be wrong, however. So, I’d go with Euro-Swashbuckler. Even though that subgenre doesn’t exist, either. It’s a joint production between Italy, Spain and France.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I love the 1975 Zorro film.
    Me, me , me! Been in love with the dollar trilogy since a knee high. Love Lee Van Cleef's Death Rides a Horse and two Sabata movies, the Great Silence and many more.
    edited March 2018 Posts: 15,423
    SharkBait wrote: »
    Me, me , me! Been in love with the dollar trilogy since a knee high. Love Lee Van Cleef's Death Rides a Horse and two Sabata movies, the Great Silence and many more.
    You, sir, have my instant respect! :D

Even though Eastwood has the big name, Lee Van Cleef is my favourite among all the leading actors in the genre. Death Rides A Horse and the first Sabata are among my Top Five SW films, with the Dollars trilogy standing on top.
    edited March 2018 Posts: 45,489

Even though Eastwood has the big name, Lee Van Cleef is my favourite among all the leading actors in the genre. Death Rides A Horse and the first Sabata are among my Top Five SW films, with the Dollars trilogy standing on top.

Have you read Chasseur de Primes, the Lucky uike album from the 70s with Elliot Belt as the main villain?
    belt.jpg
    chasseur.jpg

Have you read Chasseur de Primes, the Lucky uike album from the 70s with Elliot Belt as the main villain?
    belt.jpg
    chasseur.jpg
    I haven't, sadly. But, now I've got something to read alright. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, @Thunderfinger. Whether Lee Van Cleef is the villain, or the hero, I always enjoy see him headline anything. :D
    edited March 2018 Posts: 45,489
    It is a great album. He is a bounty hunter.
    So, he's the hero, then! Even better! :D
    He was a bounty hunter, but if I recall, he was one of the bad guys in the story. At least a foil to Lucky Luke.

Clint Eastwood also was in one of the albums, that had all kinds of LL history and guest artists.

Also, this spaghetti western legend has been in one story.

latest?cb=20110109152905
    Luigi Pistilli?! :D

Well, I want that, now!!
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 2,107
    Sadly, I don't remember which story he was in. Might have been in the same album that had guest artists.

Oh, yes that was it. I remember it had side by side comparisons, with other done in the usual Lucky Luke style, while the other one was drawn realisticly.
    Jack Palance as the title character PHIL DEFER in the 50s.
    phildfer.jpg
    llpw2.jpg
    Pallance also played a very despicable villain in Compañeros (1975) opposite Franco Nero and Tomas Milian, and God's Gun (1976) opposite Lee Van Cleef.
    Is that the one with Lee Van Cleef as priest, who avenges his brother's death?
    James Coburn
    james-coburn.jpg
    Is that the one with Lee Van Cleef as priest, who avenges his brother's death?
    Yep!
    38e308af46f9925164058e54334b1795.jpg

I think this was the one with Pistilli.
    Surely looks like him!

Come to think of it, Pistilli would've made a great Dalton brother.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited March 2018 Posts: 17,691
    Would Back to the Future III count

Hahahahahahahaha!!!

On a more serious note: Terrence Hill had a couple of great ones...
    edited March 2018 Posts: 15,423
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Indeed he did. And arguably, his Django, Prepare a Coffin was a better Django film than Franco Nero's original.

And congratulations, you just made me decide what's going to be my tenth! :D
    Terence Hill also played Lucky Luke, of course. It wasn t any good.
    Yes, that was underwhelming. Jean Dujardin's version was underwhelming, too.
    All the film versions of Lucky Luke have been horrible, cartoons and live-action alike.
    I have to agree on that. They just don't get the concept.

Yep, I own all them on dvd boxsets. They don't compare to the comics or other Terence Hill material. Still had to purchase them a few years ago.
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Would Back to the Future III count

Hahahahahahahaha!!!

I presume You're talking about the 'Trinity' films with Bud Spencer? Great fun.
    And he also starred in 'My Name is Nobody'
    with Henry Fonda

Love the spaghetti films.
    Got into them first many years ago when BBC2
    did a season during a very hot Summer.
    'A Fistful of Dynamite' opened it and they showed the Dollar films, Trinity and Sabata ones plus more. I miss those special seasons BBC2 used to do like Moviedrome and the horror double bills on a Saturday night!
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    38e308af46f9925164058e54334b1795.jpg

I think this was the one with Pistilli.

What's that Lucky Luke "for real"?? I have no idea...
    A tribute act by Jean Giraud, who is known for Blueberry.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    edited March 2018 Posts: 2,539
    A tribute act by Jean Giraud, who is known for Blueberry.

Thanks. Just an homage, I think. It's a very surprising concept. I found this: http://aapstra.tumblr.com/post/75034260744/lucky-luke-by-jean-giraud-blueberry-sort-of-by