How does it end for 007?

Comments

• QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Honestly I don't want to see him die. I'd rather see him complete a mission but instead of going back to MI6 HQ, he retires himself and runs away to Jamaica with his love. MI6 assumes he died completing his mission. M hints that he/she knows that Bond is still alive, with a smile or something, and goes back to work.
  • Bond dying is an inconceivable thought.
    James Bond dies at the end of Ian Fleming's fifth novel, From Russia with love.
    I never said I wanted him to die, I just set some criteria for if he did.. and then took my criteria and made a opinionated ending I would like to see.

But quite frankly I'd be happy with the ol' M winking into the camera* at the news of Bond's "death" idea.

*exaggeration, I don't want M to actually acknowledge and wink at the camera.. ever. You get my point.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @0Brady I agree that killing Bond off is absurd... But so is your 2nd paragraph. It is absolutly absurd to think that EON would give the franchise a closure. EON has the optic that there will always be a demand for Bond films, so why end the franchise in 2056 when there will most likely be huge demand for a new Bond film in 2058 ? It's all about the money, so they will always make an open ending so Bond can return to please audiences. ;-)
    That's why I said IF EON decided it. I can't see them doing it either.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited November 2011 Posts: 28,694
    I never said I wanted him to die, I just set some criteria for if he did.. and then took my criteria and made a opinionated ending I would like to see.

But quite frankly I'd be happy with the ol' M winking into the camera* at the news of Bond's "death" idea.

*exaggeration, I don't want M to actually acknowledge and wink at the camera.. ever. You get my point.
    Exactly @JWESTBROOK. That type of wink ruined the ending of NSNA, something they could have been done right. ;-)
    For me I kinda do want it to end once Craig is done with Bond. I just feel it would be over kill if they get another actor to play James Bond again after Craig. I feel if they keep trying to drag out the series once Craig leaves it would just lose its taste. Its confirmed that Craig has signed on to do 2 more Bond films and I feel like once those 2 films are done they should end the series for good.

This is how I would end it.
    Have Bond 24 come out 2014, have it being a classic Bond film with gadgets, villians, girls, etc.

Then I would like for Bond 25 to be the last Bond film ever. Coming out in 2017 during the 55 anniversary of the series and I would have him killed off. Now idk how the plot of the film would go to kill him off but I would like the Bond film series to end with him getting killed off. I think it would be the best way for it to end.

Please reply and comment on what you would like the Bond film series to go after Bond 25. I would love to know.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @fjdinardo, you feel that they're dragging the series on?
    Creasy47 wrote:

Not right now there are im defiantly looking forward to Bond 24 and 25, but I just feel that if Craig leaves after Bond 25 and they re cast Bond again I would feel like it would very over kill of to the series. Craig is a great 007 one of the best and I feel it would be the best way to end 007 with Craig and not try to continue with another actor to play the role. Have Bond end on a proper note and not try to continue.
    fjdinardo wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

Not right now there are im defiantly looking forward to Bond 24 and 25, but I just feel that if Craig leaves after Bond 25 and they re cast Bond again I would feel like it would very over kill of to the series. Craig is a great 007 one of the best and I feel it would be the best way to end 007 with Craig and not try to continue with another actor to play the role. Have Bond end on a proper note and not try to continue.

Craig would absolutely hate that. He hardly wants the press attention of being Bond, let alone being the last Bond! It won't happen.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    fjdinardo wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

Craig would absolutely hate that. He hardly wants the press attention of being Bond, let alone being the last Bond! It won't happen.

He doesn't have a choice its up to the producers. If they want to make him the last Bond they can. SkyFall was very close to not ever happening had MGM not got out of bankruptcy Craig would have been the last bond either way. I think Craig knows in the back of his mind they very well could end the series once he's done. I mean come on. We know theres gonna be at least 2 more Bond films which would equal 25 films and they could say hey 25 is a great number to end the franchise on so let us do it.
  • Craig won't be the last Bond and the series won't end, and it shouldn't. It's lasted 50 years, and it's lasted 50 more. And I honestly don't think Craig is so amazing that they may as well just end the series after he's done.
    Craig won't be the last Bond and the series won't end, and it shouldn't. It's lasted 50 years, and it's lasted 50 more. And I honestly don't think Craig is so amazing that they may as well just end the series after he's done.

I would think that it would be best to continue a series that is so good. If something is so amazing, and it's lasted for 50 years, why stop it now? Keep up the good work and the films that so many of us look forward to.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    It's lasted 50 years, and it's lasted 50 more.

Wait, what? We're already at the 100 year mark? Since when?
    I mean, we survived Moonraker, TWINE, and DAD, which at there worst can still be entertaining and have relatively good critiques. I think Bond at his worst is still worthy of continuing on.. so far. There has yet to be a truly gut-wrenching, painful Bond film.

If you didn't end at his worst (which Eon has openly admitted was DAD, but only motivated them to reboot) why end at his best?
    It's lasted 50 years, and it's lasted 50 more.

Wait, what? We're already at the 100 year mark? Since when?

I think he meant to say "50 more".
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    edited November 2012 Posts: 7,854
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    If you didn't end at his worst (which Eon has openly admitted was DAD, but only motivated them to reboot) why end at his best?

Not big on the phrase "Save the best for last"?
    I meant it will last 50 more.

I figured that, I just wanted a moment of fun.
  • I meant it will last 50 more.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 5,745
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

Not big on the phrase "Save the best for last"?

Not necessarily, but I don't thing the middle course of the meal is the 'best'.

We're only halfway done, if not less ;)
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    edited November 2012 Posts: 1,699
    H007MER wrote:
    How does it end for 007?

He finally catches syphilis. His dong falls off. He dies. The end...
    edited November 2012 Posts: 40,372
    St_George wrote:
    H007MER wrote:
    How does it end for 007?

And that's literally the entire film. Gunbarrel, he gets out of bed, his prized tool falls off, and he stares down at it on the floor. Score starts up with JAMES BOND WILL NOT RETURN, and credits.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    edited November 2012 Posts: 1,699
    Creasy47 wrote:
    St_George wrote:
    H007MER wrote:
    How does it end for 007?

And that's literally the entire film. Gunbarrel, he gets out of bed, his prized tool falls off, and he stares down at it on the floor. Score starts up with JAMES BOND WILL NOT RETURN, and credits.

That'd be awesome. :))

Imagine the world premiere. Instead of a round of applause at the end, there'd be stunned silence, then people would start awkwardly leaving their seats and muttering under their breath...

@St_George, the thought of that audience has me in tears. :))
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @St_George, the thought of that audience has me in tears. :))

Husband: "I paid £75 just to see that?!"
    Wife: "Well, it was quite impressive..."

• H007MER wrote:
    A bit of speculation for this discussion. How do you think it ends for Bond, as a fantasy finale for the character? It could be for the literary or the cinematic version of 007. Do you think he’ll retire to the country and spend his twilight years with a wife? Would he pursue a desk job at MI6 and become M himself? I see him ending on a sour note. Bond is typically shown in the prime of life at the top of his game. I suggest he could only maintain this position for 10 years or so before the missions became more than a man of advancing years could take. Being an all-or-nothing sort of chap Bond would hate to retire or take a desk job and would never be happy being less than the very best so I think he would actively pursue jobs that would be the death of him. “Suicide by spy” if you will. The story of James Bond would end with him dying as he lived, fighting the good fight against impossible odds. Please add your thoughts and ideas.

Don't think bond will ever end. A fitting end would be something similar to Holmes and Moriarty fighting at Reichanbak falls. Maybe Bond and Blofeld fighting at the top of a erupting volcano ;-)
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 2,341
    Bond would never live to retire. He would go on a last mission and complete it but is killed in action. He is given a hero's funeral and laid to rest beside his beloved wife, Tracy.
    OHMSS69 wrote:
    Bond would never live to retire. He would go on a last mission and complete it but is killed in action. He is given a hero's funeral and laid to rest beside his beloved wife, Tracy.

Uh. No. That's not Bond. Bond would do what Fleming did. Move somewhere nice, get a nice house, and look for someone to spend his time with. He's devoted to work but not that devoted.

This is a man who is reckless, but intelligent. Who, of all people, has learned the value of life, he isn't going to end it, just because.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited November 2012 Posts: 16,328
    In the distant future, A 67 year old James Bond 007 takes on the worlds greatest super villain with deadly weapons of mass destruction. Bond is still quite strong and able bodied, takes down the villains evil henchmen and stops the villain's plan. However the villain shoots him in the back, but Bond uses his last ditch gadget to kill the villain and watches the sunset. the next day, a rescue ship searches for survivors but 007 is nowhere in sight. It's never known what happened to him, but we know in the end, he is once again. "Enjoying Death." ;)
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 5,745
    Murdock wrote:
    In the distant future, A 67 year old James Bond 007 takes on the worlds greatest super villain with deadly weapons of mass destruction. Bond is still quite strong and able bodied, takes down the villains evil henchmen and stops the villain's plan. However the villain shoots him in the back, but Bond uses his last ditch gadget to kill the villain and watches the sunset. the next day, a rescue ship searches for survivors but 007 is nowhere in sight. It's never known what happened to him, but we know in the end, he is once again. "Enjoying Death." ;)

Yes, at the end there's a wideshot of a beach-side bar (like in Skyfall) and we just hear the female bartender (from a distance) shaking something and the last lines are, "That was shaken, not stirred, correct?" Fade.

James Bond Will Not Return*.

*No matter what he sees on CNN on the bar telly, this time.
    He walks into the mist, never to be seen or heard from again.
    It doesn't and shouldn't! Not atleast until i have popped my clogs! ;)