Odd One Out

Comments

• goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    I think it has something to do with afroamerican actresses...but LTK doesn't fit...
    edited October 2019 Posts: 4,397
    All movies are connected with Jamaica. Location, actress (i.e. Grace Jones) or it is mentioned (jamaican girl in OHMSS)...in DN we have the location and the actress. DN out?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Not that.
    Does this mean people give up? It really isn t anything obscure or very hard.

These films have something exclusively in common, but one of them is still different from the others.

DN, OHMSS, LALD, AVTAK, TLD, LTK, NTTD.

Hint: It is about people in front of the camera.

One person in each film.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    All the films Bond has an ally from the CIA but OHMSS the ally is from Mi6. Therefore Mi6 is out.
    thedove wrote: »
    All the films Bond has an ally from the CIA but OHMSS the ally is from Mi6. Therefore Mi6 is out.

Good thinking, but no. The crux of the matter is specific to these films only.
    The female protagonist in all films are civilians. But in only one does she die? Therefore OHMSS is out.
    This could only be the answer, if there wouldn't be a female civilian in all the other unmentioned movies. We have to find something which is only true for the seven listed ones... I hope this doesn't sound like I would “teach“ you @thedove: I fully appreciate all your thoughts and hope you will find the solution since I don't have any good ideas right now...
    I appreciate your thoughts @goldenswissroyale I'm grasping at straws as I am stuck too. Another hint might be in order.
    All right. One more clue, but I think you have more than enough to go by now:

It could be disputed whether TLD should be on the list. But it should imo.
    To recap:

DN, OHMSS, LALD, AVTAK, TLD, LTK and NTTD

Something that is only found in only the films on the list. it's exclusive to these films.
    It concerns someone in front of the camera
    Not just watching the films will be enough to answer. You need to know the background of the films.
    It can be disputed that TLD is on the list. But in @Thunderfinger opinion it should be.

I may have to bow out for a bit as I seem to be on the same lines of thought and it's not coming to me. Hoping someone else can take a guess.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I had no idea this was going on a few pages back when I pitched another round...

Re-reading everything... Does this have anything to do with the Bond women/girls/actresses, @Thunderfinger ?
    peter wrote: »
    I had no idea this was going on a few pages back when I pitched another round...

Re-reading everything... Does this have anything to do with the Bond women/girls/actresses, @Thunderfinger ?

It does not, but you are on the right track.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    NTTD is the only M who is not supposed to be the same man as the one seen in the other films (I always assumed Robert Brown was supposed to be the same character as Bernard Lee)
    No,it has nothing to do with M, and that isn t exclusive to these films.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    edited October 2019 Posts: 8,500

DN= debut film
    OHMSS= debut/final film
    LALD= debut
    AVTAK= final
    TLD= debut
    LTK= final
    NTTD= final

Stab in the dark: TLD is the only film arguably written to debut another actor in the role of 007?
    edit: the other films were all written with the proper actor cast in the role
    Nothing of the sort.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Since we know very little about NTTD, there must be a hint in here; there's something we know definitively that is in, or involved with, this film, that relates to all the other films, but one, or; all the other films share something that we know isn't related to NTTD.

NTTD is where the answer lay... just brainstorming...:

DN, OHMSS, AVTAK, LTK, NTTD involve some kind of science in the villains' plan...

LALD, TLD, LTK, involves the drug trade...

KANANGA and ZORIN want to drive all competitors out of business...

NTTD has a returning actor in what is believed to be his last go-around as 007. We know he will be facing off against a younger villain. His SO returns in this film. Same with M, Q and MP and Tanner. Shooting in Norway for the first time. First American director. DB5 returns. Volante returns.

Ugh, I dunno... If anyone else can plunge the info to connect the dots and eliminate one...
  • peterpeter Toronto
    LALD is the odd one out: Q didn't make an appearance...
    It's something to do with someone in front of the camera. We know scant little about NTTD so it must be something generic or to do with a specific character we know details about.

I was thinking earlier how some villains in the films survive with their fates undetermined but I am not sure it's that. However brainstorming sometimes jars something loose for someone else.

DN the photographer survives
    LALD Baron Samedi is seen on the train at the end
    AVTAK....drawing a blank on who survived...maybe it's out?
    TLD...Koskov gets to fight another day
    LTK...Professor Joe Butcher is left alive
    NTTD...????

Okay it was a grasp at the straw! LOL
    edited October 2019 Posts: 45,489
    Q was not in CR or QOS, either. Plus he was in all other films.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited October 2019 Posts: 13,014
    NTTD is the only film listed to not be a first or last film (or both) for the Bond actor where Craig does a sixth.
    Wrongthink alert.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    LTK was the only film mentioned in this list not to shoot at Pinewood
    No, most films have been shot there. You must have missed that it is something exclusive to these films.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Boothroyd/Q is mentioned in all the films but does not appear in LALD.
    Already guessed, and I must repeat:

DN, OHMSS, LALD, AVTAK, TLD, LTK and NTTD have something exclusively in common, yet one is still the odd one out.

It has to do with a person in front of the camera.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Does it have to do with the gun barrels, @Thunderfinger
    Nothing to do with gunbarrels. Recapturing on the new page, and adding a clue.

DN, OHMSS, LALD, AVTAK, TLD, LTK and NTTD have something exclusively in common, yet one is still the odd one out.

It has to do with a person in front of the camera. TLD may be ambiguous. What is unique with the odd one out in this group, is by default also unique within the whole series.

Think geography.

• peterpeter Toronto
    I was circling around geographical locations yesterday and my brain became strained. Now with the added hints, I think I'm going to have to sue for mental abuse.